RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2009, 11:55 PM   #201
FlightlessBird
Save me from the nothing I've become

I am currently:

You can have it changed by your piercer after about 1-2 weeks, because that's roughly the time it'll take for it to stop swelling. You shouldn't change it on your own for at least 2 months. Cartiledge heals slowly and cartiledge piercings (especially those on your face) you really don't want to irritate.

I want to stay in love with my sorrow.
Oh, but God, I want to let it go.
If you look in the mirror and don't like what you see, you can find out first-hand what it's like to be me.
You'll need a symphony to give sympathy to the girl with the worst luck in town.
When I care, it curls me up on the floor and I swear I can't do it anymore.

FlightlessBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:00 AM   #202
momma_kitty

I am currently:

I've had my lip ring since January. It's healed nicely. The only problem is that the skin kinda goes over the back of the stud but not enough to where I can't take it out. I have snake bites now and the other side hasn't done that since I pierced it. What could this mean? Thanks.

Plus, I have a tragus now! :)

momma_kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:39 PM   #203
FlightlessBird

I am currently:

It could just mean that your lip is thicker on one side, that that one stud is too short, or that that piercing has more scar tissue than the other. If the stud feels uncomfortable, I'd go back to your piercer and have them take a look at it so they can determine the length you'd need.

If you look in the mirror and don't like what you see, you can find out first-hand what it's like to be me.
You'll need a symphony to give sympathy to the girl with the worst luck in town.

Old 09-04-2009, 11:02 AM   #204
charlieglasgow
bedlam publishing journalist :)

I am currently:

so i made a dumb mistake and pierced my belly button on the bottom side, not the top side. argh.

http://www.icedteaandlemoncake.wordpress.com
I have a blog, and I LOVE comments. pretty please?

what's up? I'm a bagel.

charlieglasgow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:54 PM   #205
FlightlessBird

I am currently:

Some people actually have it pierced that way. If you don't like it, take it out, let it heal, and do it on the other side...though if you're not a professional piercer yourself I'd recommend having an actual piercer do it for you.

Old 10-04-2009, 11:03 AM   #206
charlieglasgow
bedlam publishing journalist :)

I am currently:

yeh i took it out, it wasn't healing, but i'm gonna get it repierced.

http://www.icedteaandlemoncake.wordpress.com
I have a blog, and I LOVE comments. pretty please?

what's up? I'm a bagel.

charlieglasgow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:46 PM   #207
puddleduck_22

I am currently:

How long is it meant to take for a tragus piercing to heal? I've had mine in for about 3 months now, can I take the earring out yet? I just want to take it out so I can clean the site a bit better because it has some old puss around it still (I want to put the earring straight back in again though!). It's still a bit sore though, it seems to get puss crusted around it at times. Is this normal?? I used to use salt water on it but have got lazy, should I start that again??

:)

puddleduck_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:56 PM   #208
fragen tag

I am currently:

Okay, question. Does it hurt to get snake bites?

fragen tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2009, 12:30 PM   #209
Scarred_pierced

I am currently:

Not really, one side may or my not hurt more, i found my first one so painless but the 2nd one was painful and swelled worse than the first piercing.

As for the tragus, do not take it out unless its healed, get a cotton bud to clean the back, or get someone else to help clean it so they can see the area better. You shouldn't take the jewellery out to clean it as you want the hole to heal around the jewellery.

Red and white lies.

Scarred_pierced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2009, 12:20 AM   #210
FlightlessBird

I am currently:

Cartiledge piercings take 6 months - 1 year or more to fully heal. If you have crusties, you should soak it in a sea salt bath (table salt = bad) or just clean it after you take a hot shower. Don't remove the jewelry, just use a q-tip.

As for snakebites! Lip piercings generally don't hurt too bad to get and the initial pain of piercing is only a second anyhow. Generally, the second piercing always hurts more as your adrenaline wears off with piercing #1.

Old 24-04-2009, 09:50 AM   #211
Scarred_pierced

I am currently:

I had mine done at seperate times,i let the first one heal then went back for the second one 4 months later, as i knew it would prolong the healing to have both swollen and trying to heal at once.

I didn't think cartiledge took that long to heal, my scaffold healed within 6 months, my tragus and anti-tragus both healed within 3, conch may have been the longest.

Table salt is fine, its salt at the end of the day, we eat it, its safe. I personally like to recommend dettol, EXTREMELY diluted dettol, for cartiledge anyway.

Red and white lies.

Old 24-04-2009, 09:54 PM   #212
FlightlessBird

I am currently:

Table salt is not good for use on piercings. All it does is dry out the area and generally tick off the healing tissue. Sea salt is what you should use as it contains a mixture of salts that promote healing and help to even out the pH of the skin so your piercing will be soothed and healing will go faster. Table salt can even inhibit the healing process.

Cartiledge takes 6-12 months (longer in some people) to fully heal. A piercing might feel like it's healed, but it is not. Take the jewelry out and the peircing will quickly close (before the year mark that is) proving that it is not completely healed.

Old 25-04-2009, 01:02 PM   #213
Scarred_pierced

I am currently:

Yeah i know that but im telling you for me it was faster! Salt is salt, it can dry out the area no matter what if you use too much. I used normal table salt on one of my lip piercings and it really helped, a pinch in a cup of boiling water. Normally a piercer will tell you the healing time is from 3 months, over here anyway. May be different in america.

I'm not anidiot or a 'noob' when it comes to piercings, everyones experience is different and i waas sharing mine.

Red and white lies.

Old 25-04-2009, 01:43 PM   #214
flying[star]

Some people do heal faster/slower than others.
Ha i've had some idiot tell me that six weeks is the time for regular ear peircings. ... haha. I take at least six months

and no, salt is not salt.
Seasalt is salt with many other minerals in it. I beleive the crystals are bigger(?) and it has less *salt* in it.. if that makes sence
table salt is just one mineral.

[wooh! science class is coming in handy]

flying[star] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2009, 06:48 PM   #215
Steel Magnolia
faithful pastafarian

I am currently:

Non iodized sea salt. No other salt eg rock salt, kosher salt, table salt.

If anything else is mentioned in the ingredients apart from sodium chloride do not use it on piercings.

"Buy the ticket, take the ride.."

Steel Magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2009, 09:02 PM   #216
BunnythesAINT
Confused.

I am currently:

Okay last night I was changing my tongue bar to a new one I got and I tried to put it through the way I normally do (from the top to the bottom if that makes sense) but it wouldn't go through! So I did it the other way and I had to kind of...push it through (which I've never had to do, it normally just slides through) and a big chunk of what I'm assuming is skin or something came out and I bled a little.
Has that ever happened to anybody?

Let's put a smile on that face

We are not alone
Find out when your cover's blown
There'll be somebody there to break your fall
We are not alone
'Cause when you cut down to the bone
We're really not so different after all

RACHEL!!

BunnythesAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2009, 09:52 PM   #217
Steel Magnolia
faithful pastafarian

I am currently:

I have never expierienced that before. Are you sure its skin? What colour/texture did it have? Was it painful?

Old 26-04-2009, 06:36 PM   #218
BunnythesAINT
Confused.

I am currently:

Hmm...well yeah, it was kind of painful. It was a bit sore for a while, and the "skin" was kind of pink-ish-y and after I saw it I just kind of freaked and washed it off.

Let's put a smile on that face

We are not alone
Find out when your cover's blown
There'll be somebody there to break your fall
We are not alone
'Cause when you cut down to the bone
We're really not so different after all

RACHEL!!

BunnythesAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:50 AM   #219
momma_kitty

I am currently:

Wait, what do you mean, a tattoo??

I think my tragus isn't healing properly because I keep taking it out to fully heal it. Where do I find sea salt to clean it with, and how much do I put in water?

momma_kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:54 AM   #220
Steel Magnolia
faithful pastafarian

I am currently:

Any health shop (or maybe even grocery store!) will stock sea salt. It has to be pure sea salt though, no additives or other stuff in the ingredients...

The ratio is a quarter teaspoon of salt to 8 ounces of warm water.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)