RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 15-07-2018, 04:26 PM   #1
DontLookUp
Saffyx

I am currently:
Silicone Gels - which are best

Hey, was just searching through posts about silicone gels and wondering which brand people used and specifically found helpful (or not helpful) and I have older scars as well wondering if they worked the same on older scars?

And has anyone specifically used remescar (its a silicone based stick so much easier to apply and cover surface)and found it worked?

Genuinely finding my scars unbearable and hating myself every time I see them ugh I just want them to at least lighten a bit and flatten a bit to blend in more with my skin *sigh*

♥ .I'm going to fall like I don't need saving. ♥
...My smile's just the armour I built when I was alone...

There was some part of me that hurt so badly, that I wouldn't ever be able to forget it.
It faded but the memories could bring it back any second, keeping me in the moment.
It would never fully heal. I could never really be free. I could never really be fixed.
Now I just have to work out how to live whilst being broken.
I feel like I'm dying.

DontLookUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2018, 09:25 PM   #2
whoknows

I am currently:

Hi, I used silicone based Kelocote Advanced Gel (available on Amazon). It is very expensive (£55!!!) but works.......to a certain degree. My scars were 3 years old when I started using it, and it certainly helped, but they are still clearly visible (almost the same shade as my skin, just a few tones lighter, but the skin is still raised). So I guess I would recommend Kelocote gel as it visibly improved my scars, but don't expect miracles. In saying that, all our scars are different so you may have a completely different experience with the gel.

Hope this helps.

whoknows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2018, 06:18 AM   #3
indigorose

I am currently:

Never heard of it, ill check it out.

indigorose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2018, 09:08 AM   #4
yoyogirl

I am currently:

I wonder if help my operation scars

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2018, 09:18 PM   #5
whoknows

I am currently:

Give it a go. The worst that'll happen is nothing. But if it does work........

whoknows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2018, 10:25 PM   #6
DontLookUp
Saffyx

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoknows View Post
Hi, I used silicone based Kelocote Advanced Gel (available on Amazon). It is very expensive (£55!!!) but works.......to a certain degree. My scars were 3 years old when I started using it, and it certainly helped, but they are still clearly visible (almost the same shade as my skin, just a few tones lighter, but the skin is still raised). So I guess I would recommend Kelocote gel as it visibly improved my scars, but don't expect miracles. In saying that, all our scars are different so you may have a completely different experience with the gel.

Hope this helps.
Yes this helps thanks so much. Ughh its expensive but I really just do want them to look any better then they can, it will make such a difference to me mentally xxx

♥ .I'm going to fall like I don't need saving. ♥
...My smile's just the armour I built when I was alone...

There was some part of me that hurt so badly, that I wouldn't ever be able to forget it.
It faded but the memories could bring it back any second, keeping me in the moment.
It would never fully heal. I could never really be free. I could never really be fixed.
Now I just have to work out how to live whilst being broken.
I feel like I'm dying.

DontLookUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2018, 04:55 AM   #7
indigorose

I am currently:

I've just purchased Bepanthen Scar Treatment and Dermascar Plus E Gel

indigorose is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)