RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 21-07-2015, 11:22 PM   #1
Emwillsurvive

I am currently:
Wound Care Question - Advice please sorry if this triggers

I have been free of self-harm for two months but was overwhelmed tonight. I tried to be careful but the wound is deeper than intended. I haven't hit an artery but I have been drinking alcohol and my cut is still bleeding. I am applying pressure and raising my arm. Don't know if it makes a difference but I haven't eaten properly since last Thursday. I don't want to go to hospital so does anyone have any other advice to help? I am so angry at myself as been free of hurting myself for 2 months now and I have messed it up.

3 Hugs Given By :
Old 24-07-2015, 05:36 AM   #2
snowy_owl

I am currently:

Is your wound still bleeding? (I think it's been about 6 hours since you posted.) If so, you definitely should seek medical attention.

If I've done my math wrong, or if it's kind of stopped but it starts bleeding again, you might try using butterfly bandages. Those are good at holding wounds closed, and are pretty easy to make at home, provided you have some tape and some scissors.

I would guess that the alcohol is probably most of the reason you're bleeding more than usual, since alcohol thins the blood. If you can, try to avoid alcohol or other things that thin your blood (like aspirin) until your wounds have healed up.

Hope you're ok.

"I asked the sun to tell me about the big bang. The sun said 'It hurts to become.'" -- Andrea Gibson, I Sing The Body Electric Especially When My Power Is Out

Old 24-07-2015, 06:53 PM   #3
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Sorry you didn't get replies to this sooner. How is the wound doing now? Did you end up going to hospital? What have you used to dress the wound?

No other sadness in the world would do

Old 29-07-2015, 04:47 AM   #4
Emwillsurvive

I am currently:

I am ok. I took an overdose and cut up badly. The hospital released me on the condition I would stay with my aunty and uncle. They tried to force feed me and when I would not cooperate my uncle forced me out. But my cuts are dressed, my parents are coming back in 2 days on an earlier flight and I am staying strong for my little cat. ️Xx

Old 30-07-2015, 10:18 AM   #5
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

It sounds like things are very difficult for you. Since you were released on the condition that you stayed with your aunt and uncle, you should ideally pop back to the hospital or try to contact the crisis team just so you have some support until your parents are back.

All the best.

Old 30-07-2015, 03:07 PM   #6
Emwillsurvive

I am currently:

I have an amazing group of friends who have been taking care of me the last few days. They have been helping me eat, staying overnight and generally just the best. My parents are back late tonight so hopefully I will start getting back on track now. Thanks so much for the support, means a lot to me.

Old 30-07-2015, 03:48 PM   #7
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

Oh good, I'm really pleased to hear that you've got friends looking out for you and that your parents will be back tonight.

Old 31-07-2015, 03:57 PM   #8
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

I'm glad to hear you've got a lot of supportive friends.

As this is a first aid post, I recommend you make a thread in one of the other boards so you can get some ongoing support.

Imperfection is underrated.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)