RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-06-2009, 05:52 PM   #1
PrincessVegeta_x
I'm epic!

I am currently:
Who else enjoys traveling?

I love traveling. I go on two or three holidays a year and I love it! I went to Italy, Switzerland and Iceland last year and I'm going to Amsterdam and Egypt this year.

I think I've been bitten by the traveling bug.

I suppose it's a good thing that my dad pays for me to go!

"How can I be a gynecologist? I can barely look a woman in the eye!"

If you like Glee & have a thing for the Kurt/Blaine pairing please click this link, thx! x
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bvJULBFYz4

PrincessVegeta_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2009, 06:28 PM   #2
I.Heart.And
~Approachable and fit (apparently)~

I am currently:

If I could afford to, I'd travel a lot more than I do.
So yeah I do enjoy it.

I.Heart.And is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2009, 06:35 PM   #3
HopeRises

I love traveling.
But have no money to do it. I did work abroad for abit (in france with a month in italy in the summer. and then a few weeks in austria in the winter) Thats the only way i can afford to do it really.
But now i want a job at home so, I can't do that anymore.

Life can be beautiful if you let it.
Step back, breathe and take it in

HopeRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2009, 06:47 PM   #4
shrimpy
Chat Mod

I am currently:

I grew up travelling, we never lived in one place for more than a year, and lived all over UK and Europe. Since leaving home I have spent time in France, UK, Tanzania and USA, travelling and working in all of them. I am now in a postition though where I must sadly start planning for the future, which means getting a permanent job with pension..... still, wouldn't trade my youthful excursions for anything!

shrimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2009, 06:55 PM   #5
88shelz
be positive

I am currently:

i dont really like travelling. i would love a holiday though cuz the weather here is bad again

88shelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2009, 07:24 PM   #6
Katiee
It's full of lonely.

I am currently:

Awesomee!
I've always wanted to go to America, never been though!
Hopefully one day though! xD

<3.

Katiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2009, 01:06 AM   #7
I-Feel-Infinite
Jess ~♥

I am currently:

I LOVE TRAVELLING! Amsterdam is VERY VERY fun by the way!! Check out the Magic Mushroom MUSEUM!! haha seriously it's like no place you've been before.... The red light district is slap bang in the middle of the city.... not that I've been milling around there AT ALL!!!

I'm off to Mallorca and HK this year - been before so nothing that special - and my family's from HK so we tend to go quite a bit....
But hopefully going to pick a destination in spain (barcelona maybe?) and go for a weekend!
we'll see!

As a little kid you believed in fairytales,
that fantasy of what your life would be: white dress; prince charming who would carry you away to a castle on a hill.
You closed your eyes and had complete and utter faith.
Eventually you grow up. One day you open your eyes and the fairy tale disappears.
But the thing is, it's hard to let go of that fairytale entirely because almost everyone has that smallest bit of hope, of faith,
that one day they will open their eyes and it will come true.

I-Feel-Infinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2009, 06:18 PM   #8
Dreaming.
You are free.

I am currently:

I love travelling. I absolutely love it. If I had the money, I'd go considerably more than I am at the moment - unfortunately, I think my journeys last year have run me dry a bit.

But I just love going to new, unfamiliar places, visiting new sites, trying new things. I mean, my boyfriend is always quite apathetic when I talk about going travelling, and his excuse is just that 'Well, I'm not that bothered, really. It'd be nice, but I don't care that much' - it's something we always clash over :P

I totally get what you mean :)
And I'd much rather go on three or four city breaks a year than one big holiday (although a big holiday once in a while would be nice)

Last edited by Dreaming. : 15-06-2009 at 09:18 AM.
Dreaming. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2009, 08:09 PM   #9
lolly_x

i like travelling around the country family wont go abroad so i can't travel :(

Old 14-06-2009, 11:34 PM   #10
tigris
I tried to be perfect, it just wasn't worth it.

I am currently:

I adore travelling so so much. I have been lucky to go on quite a few amazing family holidays like Botswana, Thailand, Oman, Barbados and some in Europe - but I am most excited for this summer to travel with friends and by myself on holidays I have actually paid for! I am going to Portugal on an end of exams trip, Spain to go to Benicassim festival and Singpore to visit a friend who I am then travelling in Malaysia and Vietnam with - so lots and lots of new places for me! Having said that, my favourite place to holiday in the world is Scotland as it has the best memories... So you really don't need to go far to have the best time!

I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell.
I know, right now you can't tell.
But stay a while and maybe then you'll see
A different side of me Unwell - Matchbox 20

"Why inflict pain on oneself, when so many others are ready to save us the trouble?"
George Pacaud (1879 - 1937)

tigris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2009, 11:34 AM   #11
PixieHope.

I am currently:

yes, i do indeed!
went to uganda recently and next year i'm taking a gap year after my degree so I want to go to uganda again, thailand, ecuador, usa, australia and i want to go round more countries in africa.

people who have been to like africa i have a question for you... do you experience real africa, living with the locals especialy in rural areas, dealing with having to boil water before drinking and pit latrines or do you stay in hotels in the "touristy places"?
It just bugs me when people go to africa or south america or any developing country and ignore all the poor people and give their money to big companies that are probably american or british. But yus travelling is good.

And you say I only hear what I want to.

PixieHope. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2009, 04:47 PM   #12
tigris
I tried to be perfect, it just wasn't worth it.

I am currently:

^ I went to Botswana and South Africa with my family.

Basically our friends have a timeshare in a lodge in the middle of nowhere in Botswana, so we stayed with them for a bit. I would call that experience 'real' africa because it was pretty basic. Like the lodge was nice and we had a cooker and stuff, but the nearest civilisation is 2 hours drive away. We did all our own safari, no trackers or anything, and the lodge isn't fenced so you get animals potentially coming into your room at night. Like we slept with a door open outside and mosquito net to distract animals and stop them coming in, but you could hear lions at night not very far away and it was pretty scary. Had to shake your shoes every morning for scorpions.

God it was amazing. No guarentee what you were going to see animal wise (as I said, no fences) so it was hardly one of those horrible touristy things where the animals were tracked and you were promised you would see the 'Big 5'.

I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell.
I know, right now you can't tell.
But stay a while and maybe then you'll see
A different side of me Unwell - Matchbox 20

"Why inflict pain on oneself, when so many others are ready to save us the trouble?"
George Pacaud (1879 - 1937)

tigris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009, 10:35 AM   #13
Dreaming.
You are free.

I am currently:

There's a huge amount of London to discover, I think that can count as travelling, anyway - especially considering the size of it :P

But that's so cool re: Ghana :)

Dreaming. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009, 11:10 AM   #14
Lemons!
~~Chrissy~~

I am currently:

I love travelling too!
I used to do it a lot more when I was living with my parents as they were paying for it, but now it costs me 200 pounds to just visit them, so there's not that much left for other holidays.

Lemons! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009, 12:05 PM   #15
Bitter_Angel
*First Aid Advisor*

I am currently:

switzerland is lovely.
I travel a lot, thanks to ryl'ers. ha i get places to stay in london for free. good times.

Eva. Gone, but never forgotten 27.3.10

Bitter_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009, 05:34 PM   #16
gypsyroselee
a lack of colour.

I am currently:

i don't really like "going on holiday". like..just to sit around on a beach for a week but i went travelling on my gap year for like 4&a half months and im going interrailling around europe for a month this summer.obviously it's nice to relax and stuff for a while but a week by a pool doesn't appeal too much.

I roll over and hold on tightly, and whisper "If they want you, they're gonna have to fight me,"

gypsyroselee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009, 05:40 PM   #17
Steel Magnolia
faithful pastafarian

I am currently:

Same! We used to go to Spain for 3 months every Summer when I was little.

So far Ive visited Canada, America, Mexico, Peru, England, Wales, France, Italy, Belgium, Holland, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Sweden, and Denmark!

Im going to Russia next Summer with a few friends for this organ thingy...

"Buy the ticket, take the ride.."

Steel Magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009, 05:41 PM   #18
blondiebear
Bringing back the lost art of Sewing

I am currently:

I live in the US, and I'm not done exploring my own country and Canada. I hate to fly, so we go on road trips. We've been to 47 states.

My husband and I, for a hobby, explore and photograph ghost towns. Ghost towns are abandoned mining towns. I sense ghosts at some of them, sometimes they are ok, sometimes not. We get into some very pretty areas, away from people.

So, travel? yeah, Road Trip!

My husband is my best friend.

In forgiving others, we are not exonerating them. They may not deserve exoneration. Rather, in forgiving others we are giving up our anger over the fact that what happened is not what "should" have happened or that our life is not the way it "should" have been.

blondiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009, 05:46 PM   #19
Tears and Rain
Forum Mod.

I am currently:

I've never really been 'travelling' so can't really comment..
I love going on holiday place? But that's pretty much 7-14 days lying by the pool and doing nothing.. So probably can't be counted as travelling :P I take holidays to relax.. not to really immerse myself in other countries cultures - not that I'm not open to them [I'm starting to sound really ignorant :P] - I'd just rather steal their sunshine and go home?

"Be nice. Think happy thoughts. Champion silver linings. Love all things (not just cute things like babies and kittens) & when you do love - love like they do in power ballads (you know like on a cliff with the wind in your hair and your eyes shut, knowing you'll never know love like this). Watch out for dog poo. Smile at people - even grumpy ones. Remember anything is possible & whatever you do always try to look on the bright side."

Tears and Rain is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)