RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2008, 11:43 AM   #1
Scabette

I am currently:
Sun made my scars purple!?

Right, it was really warm and sunny yesterday, so I spent pretty much all day outside. I have three scars on my upper arm, which were pale pink/white, and not very major. But after my sunbathing, they have gone a livid pinkish purple! They look like new scars, or really odd bruises. Is this some special scar sunburn? All my other scars are fine, and I didn't burn or anything. Just those 3 scars decided to be weird. Has this happened to anyone? Or does anyone know why this would happen? I'm a little freaked out. What if next time I go in the sun, ALL my scars decide to pull this trick? I'd look a right purple freak. And I'm curious, as to what physical process could change my skin from white to flourescent purple. Best wishes to all you lovely peoples. x

Blessed Be, x Pip

"Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful that it happens in that order."

adopted by surprising mystery loves [prettyontheinside]
Small_Black_Flower is my sister

Scabette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:59 PM   #2
nearysh
Shannon

I am currently:

It'll fade. It happens to a lot of people. Don't worry.

nearysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:28 PM   #3
xbeckyx

Can't really answer your properly but I just remembered when a psych from CAMHS told me if you go in the sun with your scars showing it can sometimes make them a little worse (can't remember why sorry). Could be that.

See I cannot feel this, not matter how you try and in the real world, there's no goodbyes.

Stare at the hands, you know you want to ;).

"memento vivere"

xbeckyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:01 PM   #4
l'il esky
Queen SockMonkey aka Holly :D

I am currently:

sun can be helpfull for scars BUT need to make sure they are well protected cos they are more fragile than normal skin tissue. the best thing to do is mkae sure you have a high factor suncream on them. your def not alone tho mine do exactly the same xx

this pic is so i can always remember jen who was my l'il sock monkey friend who has left ryl and i miss her!!!
xx

l'il esky is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)