RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2008, 02:50 AM   #1
lorree

I am currently:
Triggering (SI) - Wrist Banging?

Does anyone else use wrist banging as a form of SI? Or am I the only freak that still does it?

I find myself constantly doing it, even when I'm not wanting to. Its like my mind does it for me.
I'm so scared I'm going to do permanent damage.

lorree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:56 AM   #2
the darkness inside me

I am currently:

i started out si ing with that, then i moved to cutting. you can do serious nerve damage in your wrists if you keep doing this. try to find something else to do, i never really found anything so i would ask around. ill let you know if i find anything. if you need anything let me know ok? pm me or continue the thread. stay safe

R.I.P. Alexis (May 14, 2002)

the darkness inside me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:28 AM   #3
butterfly525
-invictus-

I am currently:

If you've ever read Girl, Interrupted, the author of the book says that she self-harmed by banging her wrists. And I used to do it occasionally but it never really did much for me. But you're not the only one.

Laura

"I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love." ~Mother Theresa

butterfly525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:38 AM   #4
iriedanym
Collector of shinies

I am currently:

I don't think you are a freak. I've punched my hands into cement and brick before. It can cause nerve damage to do wrist banging. Just know that you are never truly alone and that there are people who want to help you.

I'm so sick and tired of the taste of tears the sting of pain the smell of fear the sounds of crying
-Voltaire "Feathery Wings"

iriedanym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:27 PM   #5
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

Hey,

I know you must feel pretty alone, but you're certainly not. I used to bang my wrists too, as well as other places, as a form of self injury. It can be so dangerous though, even though it might not seems as bad as cutting, I'd imagine it could still damage you physically. I still sometimes have unexplained injuries in my wrist, probably caused by when I used to bang my wrists :/

I know what you mean about constantly doing it, even when you don't want to. I've done similar bruising stuff that became physically painful just to think about but I kept on doing it.

Can you try and figure out why you are hurting yourself like this? If there is something particular triggering you, could you maybe avoid that situation or plan distractions / positive things in advance? Maybe you could wear a wrist band to make you conscious of the fact you're trying not to bang your wrist - so that whenever you go to do it you feel the fabric, it might jog your mind into thinking "wait - stop."

I hope you're alright, please keep talking if you need to, we're here for you.
Best Wishes,
Aimee x

Snow White. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:56 PM   #6
Steel Magnolia
faithful pastafarian

I am currently:

I still do that hun... You arent alone. Have you checked out the Other Forms Of SI thread?
x

"Buy the ticket, take the ride.."

Steel Magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:36 PM   #7
bleedneveragain
pouringguilt

I am currently:
yes

yes i do that too, you arent the only one
and ya i do it even when i dont want too
or not even thinking about it,i just impulsivly start doing it

bleedneveragain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 12:27 PM   #8
MeganAlmighty

I am currently:

Thankfully i got out of that habbit some time ago without causing any perminant damage but as you can see you are not on your own.
I wish you all the luck in the world chick i realy do

🌎 Mama Earth 🌏

MeganAlmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 01:29 PM   #9
Getting_There_Monkey
What! I'm not a tree!

I am currently:

Yeah I used to do that, and sometimes still do. i find it gives me a different relief to what cutting does

As said it can also cause nerve damage which is why I dont do it anymore because I think I have damaged the nerves as it keeps going numb. So it myt be easier and safer to find a new mthod that wont cause long lasting damage

If you don't like how things are, change it. You are not a tree!

Getting_There_Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)