RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 19-03-2024, 04:07 PM   #581
tamobhuuta

And my SH in there was superficial so that's EUPD. Because people with EUPD never SH badly and other diagnoses only do *eyeroll* sorry, I need to rant and get feedback, or I would use rv.

Ying tong iddle ai po!

tamobhuuta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2024, 04:09 PM   #582
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

It's ok to rant as i would be too in your situation.

I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said so I just echo what has been. Plus leaving hugs if wanted.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2024, 04:32 PM   #583
tamobhuuta

She says that I said at the end of my admission that if I was informal I would go and buy blades. What actually happened was I'd told the nurse I'd had an initial urge to buy blades when Mum suggested they might make me informal but decided I wanted to stay safe and be discharged home and be safe at home. I know the two things sound similar but they are importantly different!

Ying tong iddle ai po!

Old 19-03-2024, 06:15 PM   #584
Zurg
Evil Emperor

I am currently:

I really am very much against doctors dishing out a diagnosis when they've only briefly seen, and spoken to, someone. It seems ridiculous. And a lot of people are given a wrong diagnosis because of that.
I respect you for standing your Ground, Tamo. It's your life and it's you who has to live with whatever consequences a wrong diagnosis might cause. Keep being insistent. It's the only way things will ever change.

Zurg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2024, 11:56 AM   #585
tamobhuuta

Thanks Zurg.

I've got an appointment with my CPN at 3pm tomorrow to go through the letter and decide what to do next.

Ying tong iddle ai po!

Old 20-03-2024, 01:12 PM   #586
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

What might your options be for what to do next? Do you need to do anything since you have already had the opinions discounted?

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2024, 04:25 PM   #587
tamobhuuta

I'm not sure tbh! I will ask my CPN tomorrow. I mean, there are downright lies on there that I don't want to leave unchallenged.

Ying tong iddle ai po!

Old 20-03-2024, 04:38 PM   #588
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

I tried to challenge what was written in ward notes before and my psychiatrist said what was written was insensitive but they didn't think it could be taken further. I think there isn't a way to 'delete' notes but additional notes can be made next to the previous notes to explain why they are wrong.

Old 20-03-2024, 04:40 PM   #589
tamobhuuta

Maybe I can do that.

Ying tong iddle ai po!

Old 20-03-2024, 07:55 PM   #590
Auror.
Camden

similar to what others have said, we've never had good luck with challenging things that have been written about us in hospital either. even when they were lies or trying to twist things to fit a diagnosis that did not fit. (obviously different country but still same situation and outcomes)

as long as you can get the EUPD diagnosis removed, maybe have a think about how much time and effort you want to put into dealing with the notes? will trying to get them changed make a difference for you treatment wise? definitely don't think it's wrong to challenge and try to get things fixed! but also agree with the others re being on the pessimistic side here outcome wise.

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2024, 04:56 PM   #591
tamobhuuta

So, I saw my CPN. He said to write up everything I disagree with and it can go in my notes along with the report. He's not going to help! He said to be diplomatic in case the hospital refuse to have me back.

Ying tong iddle ai po!

Old 21-03-2024, 06:27 PM   #592
Auror.
Camden

yea, unfortunately that's not a surprise. are you okay with that plan or do you still want to try to fight it on your own?

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

Old 21-03-2024, 06:37 PM   #593
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

That's usually what happens. It doesn't feel fair but everyone including you can only express their opinion and once it's down in writing it can't be taken back.

Old 21-03-2024, 07:14 PM   #594
tamobhuuta

There isn't really another avenue.

Ying tong iddle ai po!

Old 21-03-2024, 07:24 PM   #595
Auror.
Camden

that really sucks. glad they can at least document your disagreement and put the truth down though.

Old 02-04-2024, 11:40 AM   #596
tamobhuuta

The manager has already got back to me about my other two complaints! I'm too nervous to read them right now.

Ying tong iddle ai po!

Old 02-04-2024, 11:50 AM   #597
Elmer
Patchwork Elephant

I am currently:

Would it help if someone were to sit with you while you read them? Also there's no rush to read them, your wellbeing comes first.

I think it's so great that you've fought this and made the complaints, it shows a lot of strength and will hopefully help other people too.

'It's an impossible choice ... I'll just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me.'

"You're not scared of climbing mountains. You're scared that you can't make them move."

Jenna was here :P

Elmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 01:52 PM   #598
tamobhuuta

One of my complaints she apologised for and said they were taking action to make sure it didn't happen again.

The other... I complained that in all my ward rounds the psych said I wasn't ill because I wasn't SHing badly to get the implant out. The manager said in her letter that they weren't saying I wasn't ill, but I had EUPD and that's why I wasn't SHing badly/at all. Because people with EUPD only SH superficially??? It seems odd that I was diagnosed emotionally unstable for being unemotional.

I would just leave this but if I do and I end up in need of hospital again this diagnosis will haunt me and effect my treatment. It's ok while I'm in the community with my cpn and psych but no one can guarantee I wont relapse, even if it's years from now.

Ying tong iddle ai po!

Old 02-04-2024, 01:54 PM   #599
Auror.
Camden

wow that's so incorrect and infuriating. definitely understand why you want to fight it. rightly so.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)