RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2012, 12:39 PM   #21
The One Who

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxymoron View Post
I am seriously wondering how and why they found this out.
I think it's to do with body heat. It's like when you think someone is "hot" (as in attractive), they actually can be if they like you too.

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:36 PM   #22
Rozzacki
Support to all who need it <3

I am currently:

Did you know, France is the only country in where you are allowed to marry a corpse?! :')

Rozzacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:58 PM   #23
Feel_Good_inc.
I am a leaf on the wind; watch how I soar

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozzacki View Post
Did you know, France is the only country in where you are allowed to marry a corpse?! :')
What surprises me the most is that doesn't surprise me.

Don't be fooled by my smooth skin. The deepest scars are the ones unseen.
Remember compliments you received, forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how..~ Baz Lurhman.
Letting it get to you - You know what that's called? Being alive. Best thing there is. Being alive right now that's all that counts. ~ Doctor Who "The Doctors Wife"
06.November.2011

Feel_Good_inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:02 PM   #24
Fry

I am currently:

Quote:
Doesn't say much for their living population. Lol.

Stop thinking about what I want, what he wants, what your parents want. What do you want?

(Used to be ~sonic~)

Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:08 PM   #25
Rozzacki

I am currently:

Why would they even want to marry a dead person Lol!

Old 10-02-2012, 02:12 PM   #26
The One Who

I am currently:

Quote:
Why would they even want to marry a dead person Lol!
Emotional reasons? So that any children are viewed as 'legitimate'? There are specific conditions that must have been fulfilled prior to death for your application for posthumous marriage to be considered and approved. And France isn't the only country where it can happen, I'm sure it's happened in the States before.

Old 10-02-2012, 02:15 PM   #27
Rozzacki

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Who View Post
Emotional reasons? So that any children are viewed as 'legitimate'? There are specific conditions that must have been fulfilled prior to death for your application for posthumous marriage to be considered and approved. And France isn't the only country where it can happen, I'm sure it's happened in the States before.
Really ? the states, Ah only said france when i read it :') but there you go, i understand if you cant let go, but i mean.. its a bit far fetched

Old 10-02-2012, 02:24 PM   #28
The One Who

I am currently:

Quote:
Really ? the states, Ah only said france when i read it :') but there you go, i understand if you cant let go, but i mean.. its a bit far fetched
Well, if you've been engaged, are due to be married and then your fiance(e) dies, you might want to ask to carry on with it for your own peace of mind. Everyone deals with grief differently, and it's not like you can just marry any dead person.

I don't find it anymore strange than France having state-regulated sale times for shops. Or the fact that it seems like the entire country shuts down between the hours of 12 and 2pm for lunch, and hardly anything is open on a Sunday or Monday. Or that a Burtons over there was selling clothes at designer prices. Or that it seems that there is a continued myth that you can't drink the tap water in France.

Last edited by The One Who : 10-02-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:28 PM   #29
Feel_Good_inc.
I am a leaf on the wind; watch how I soar

I am currently:

Apparently the reason you can marry a dead person in France is thus:

During World War I, a few women were married by use of proxy to soldiers that had died weeks earlier. This practice came to be called posthumous marriage. Posthumous marriage for civilians originated in the 1950s, when a dam broke and killed 400 people in Fréjus, France, including a man named André Capra, who was engaged to Iréne Jodart. Jodart pleaded with French President Charles De Gaulle to let her go along with her marriage plans even though her fiancé had died. She had support from the media and within months was allowed to marry her fiancé. It is likely that posthumous marriage was made as an extension to France’s Proxy Marriage.

According to wikipedia.

That surprised me. I would have thought it would have gone back to come old king or something several hundred years ago. Like he died before marrying his fiance, who was pregnant with his son. She was allowed to marry his body so her child could come to the throne and france would continue having royalty. Until the revolution.
That's the usual reason mad laws like this get passed. Always something to do with a royal family.

Don't be fooled by my smooth skin. The deepest scars are the ones unseen.
Remember compliments you received, forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how..~ Baz Lurhman.
Letting it get to you - You know what that's called? Being alive. Best thing there is. Being alive right now that's all that counts. ~ Doctor Who "The Doctors Wife"
06.November.2011

Feel_Good_inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:08 PM   #30
Dicky T
Cheesy Balls

Here's one for you: Apple pips contain arsonic.

Dicky

Please listen to my music by clicking on the link below:

Dicky T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:13 PM   #31
Rozzacki

I am currently:

Wow :') thats where it came from, & i suppose thats a good way to look at it, i mean being engaged then the person you love dying, & then carrying on the wedding.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)