Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 17-01-2009, 08:03 PM   #1
-Asphyxia-
-loser-

I am currently:
"I like you, but..."

"I don't want to date anyone right now."

Has anyone else gotten this response from someone? I feel like this has been the case with the past few people I've been interested in, and then a little down the road, they're dating someone else or asking me advice about someone they like!

Is it just that the don't like me? Am I really that much of a loser? I don't think I'm doing anything wrong or exceptionally crazy...

*sigh*

-poisonous-

-Asphyxia- is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 17-01-2009, 09:58 PM   #2
LilTom

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Asphyxia- View Post
Is it just that the don't like me? Am I really that much of a loser? I don't think I'm doing anything wrong or exceptionally crazy...

*sigh*
I get this excuse alot. Hell, I've given it out a few times.

It's perfectly possible that it's because they don't want a relationship with you, but at the same time you have to understand that it doesn't make you a loser.

It takes alot of failed attempts before two people think of each other in the same way, regardless of who you are. It's not an entirely logical thing in my opinion either. Alot of the time people find themselves wishing they liked someone but knowing that the person they really have feelings for is the one that they mean nothing to or aren't going to have an easy time with.

It's fustrating, but you've got to keep moving on and eventually trying again.

And he brought me into a vast farmlands of our own midwest. And as we descended, cries of impending doom rose from the soil. One thousand, nay a million voices full of fear. And terror possesed me then. And I begged, "Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?" And the angel said unto me, "These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots! -- Not a vegetarian

LilTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2009, 01:26 AM   #3
red_princess
Trying to swim

I am currently:

aww sweetie *hugs*

Try not to take it heart, theres nothing wrong with you, just sometimes things don't work out....and im sure they arent worth it anyway!

Don't worry Ive had, "You'll make someone really happy one day..etc" which is so fustrating as i wish they wud just say they didnt like me!!

sorry not much useful advice, just thought id say that i can relate PM if you wanna chat x

"In heaven all the interesting people are missing" (Nietzsche)

"In a mad world only the mad are sane" (Akira Kurosawa)

red_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2009, 03:45 AM   #4
ash<3mcr

I am currently:

i had this, then they decided they liked me months later when i was going out with someone else then when we broke up he asked me out and broke up with me within a week, in this time he has liked me 'loved' me then didnt want a relationship, then liked me but i was taken, then went out, then didnt like me anymore, then i got we clashed cos we are too alike, even down to we are both depressed, which was never good,

but yeah ive had that a few times, i took it too heart but we were always friends and he told me not too, that it wasnt me, hes actually now very protective of me at times which is confusing

MEN who needs them? lol (sorry had to)

ash<3mcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2009, 04:09 AM   #5
Tuesday

i've never had that reaction from someone, but i have been the one to say that. all i can say is don't take it too hard. i doubt it's because of you...sometimes things just don't work out the way you want them to. *hug* someday you will find someone who returns your feelings.

Tuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2009, 04:38 AM   #6
zivalover16

I am currently:

I doubt it's you...I've only asked one person out and her response was no, I don't see you as more than a friend and I don't want to complicate things..... but yea I highly doubt it's you....by the sounds of it, they are jerks....gl

Big Sister:Squiggles
Little Sister: PaintItBlack
Cousins: dereksarah, Hollz

zivalover16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2009, 01:52 PM   #7
celuthea
~*~Hari~*~

I am currently:

It's probably not you; sometimes, those kinds of excuses get used as just that - an excuse that is meant to sound honest. If that's the best thing they can say to you, and then treat you like Ricki Lake, then you are better off without them!

Who Watches the Watchmen?
PM me any time, I'll answer you as soon as I can.
I have a SI awareness and a haematite and white bead bracelet from the RYL shop, and I love them!

celuthea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2009, 02:01 PM   #8
N.Bluth
I need a pig here!

I am currently:

Just because that person doesn't like you, it doesn't make you a loser. It just takes time to find the right person, and more often than not they turn up when you least expect it. I know it must be irritating to hear that someone doesn't want to be in a relaitonship then you suddenly see them with someone else, but just keep your chin up. Your not doing anything wrong it's just that the right person hasn't come along yet.

Play the game out
Amor Vincit Omnia

Dad 10/11/2008 Always our sunshine, I'm still playing for the town hall clock

N.Bluth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2009, 06:10 PM   #9
-Asphyxia-
-loser-

I am currently:

Thanks for the advice. I know I shouldn't take it too personally, but that's one of the big problems I have...I see any form of rejection as a reflection of me as a person. (Stupid, I know.)

It's just frustrating, because the past 4 people I've been interested in have told me this...and so I've started to believe that maybe it is me. You're all probably right when you say to not waste my time on them...a couple of people were not that great to me...(Some still flirt w/me like mad though. WTF?)

Anyways, I hope that someday someone will come along...It's very possible that part of the problem is the city I'm in...Supposedly, it has a very high rate of single people, and it's notorious for being a difficult area to date in/meet others. Hmm.

-poisonous-

-Asphyxia- is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)