RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 10-11-2015, 12:40 AM   #1
Idkismymotto

Graphic - Dizzy after self harming

I have seen heaps of posts on this site and Google about this but none that really match my I don't know "story" I have self harmed for like 6 year so I'm used to seeing blood, but the last couple of times I've gotten really dizzy and even fainted once, I've seen stuff like just psychological response and obviously blood loss but I've lost more blood than this before and I never felt like this. Is it possible to get dizzy from sitting on cold tiles? I recently moved and I never used to cut in the bathroom only in my room but that was a mess so new house new way of living?😂 But that doesn't matter the fact is I'm getting physically sick after cutting headaches dizziness and like a sick to a stomach feeling if it was just today I'd understand because I had to jump up really quickly to get tissues so I could go into my room because someone was coming home, like the whole getting up to quickly thing, but it's happened other times when I was completely calm?

One Hug Given By:
Old 10-11-2015, 09:03 AM   #2
XxDarkenedHeartXx

I am currently:

I never experienced it but I'm more than sure if people bother to reply, you'd get an answer that it's not just you.
Hope that you'll get an answer you're looking for

---------------
I wasn’t strong enough
And you didn’t give enough
When I needed you
I needed you

Old 10-11-2015, 04:13 PM   #3
mikey
I'm a girl

I am currently:

I wonder if this is a 'shock' response to the self-harm? The adrenaline rush caused by the injury and you psyching yourself up to do it can cause these symptoms.

There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who, when presented with a glass that is exactly half full, say: 'This glass is half full'. And then there are those who say: 'This glass is half empty'.
The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: 'What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!

Terry Pratchett

Old 13-11-2015, 02:43 AM   #4
Ballerina123
XXX

I am currently:

Are you getting any help for your self harm? I'd that something you want?
You may need to talk to a professional like your gp about this. It's just a bit worrying you fainted once. You could have banged your head, which could have been bad.

Hope you're OK.
Leaving hugs x

The average,
well-adjusted adult
gets up at 7.30am feeling just plain terrible.

Call me Kate.

I have dyslexia so please excuse my poor spelling and sometimes poor understanding.

Old 14-11-2015, 01:27 AM   #5
HopeRises

I totally used to get this. I put it down to the fact of the build up to the act of si and the adrenalin rush.

I would suggest keeping an eye on it though cause it could be something different and also like ballerina said, fainting isn't cool as you could of hit your head.

Stay safe

Life can be beautiful if you let it.
Step back, breathe and take it in

Old 14-11-2015, 02:04 AM   #6
Rilic
Loon

I am currently:

try asking for a blood test? it could be low blood count on top of other things.

Old 24-11-2015, 07:30 PM   #7
lord of luck
brynn

I am currently:

i used to get dizzy at the thought of sh'ing. just that was enough of a rush to hold me over. could be something where you're psyching yourself up for it and it's become too much?
also might want to look into anemia, or get tests done just to be on the safe side.

you bleed just to know you're alive

Old 24-11-2015, 07:38 PM   #8
Perplex010

I am currently:

I used to get this, I put it down to a sudden surge of adrenaline, causing injury to yourself forces a surge of adrenaline to be released. Also I get low blood sugar quite frequently and sitting in the cold can bring that on for me.

Old 24-11-2015, 08:21 PM   #9
Devil Girl

I am currently:

Do you find that you are feeling faint or weak at other times, not just when you are self-injuring? It could be something like low iron levels etc?

Other things like not eating enough, over tired, adrenaline as others have said, shock, anxiety. The fact you have passed out is concerning and I would suggest speaking to your GP. The issue with the body is it is always changing and can react differently over time. Therefore, just because in the past you didn't react that way doesn't mean you won't in the future. Also is it cold in your bathroom? I have found when I am colder I react more physically to self-injury etc.

Hope some of that helps. However, I recommend you speak to your GP. x

You made up your mind to torture mine!
If you read a scar like a book, you will relise the story in which you over look
red ribbons were weaving
upon the young girls skin.
a trail of red weaved deep,
caused by pain from within

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)