RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-09-2012, 06:14 AM   #1
Phantomhive312

I am currently:
suddenly pinching wrists?

I was with my BF, Bailey, when my ex best friend randomly showed up at his house and completely ignored the fact that I was there (he didn't look to comfortable either) she is a big flirt and doesn't know when to STOP, I got so mad to the point I was shaking an Bay had to hold me just so I would stop, as I was glaring at her I began pinching my wrists really hard, I have never self harmed in this manner before and it is staring to worry me that I am finding more and more ways to do it without blades

The bond between a girl and her horse is like an unbreakable thread, but when that thread finally does break it leaves deep scars for both

my first horse...his name was Rio

Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
forever. psalm 23:6 (my confirmation verse)

Phantomhive312 is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 03-09-2012, 06:45 AM   #2
lonely_hope
I'm not worth the air I breathe

I am currently:

I'm sorry to hear about all the stress your ex-friend caused... I'm sure that was unpleasant...
I also have tendencies to pick at/pinch my skin if I don't have anything else to hurt myself with. I think it's good you noticed you were doing it and are concerned. Do you think that will help to keep you from pinching yourself? Or do you think you could try to keep your hands busy to prevent it from happening? Maybe instead of pinching yourself, you could use something like a stress ball if you get anxious, or fold your hands together to make sure you don't start.

"God take me, because I hate me" -Underoath
We are male and female. We are artists, athletes, and students. We have depression, PTSD, eating disorders, bipolar disorder, or maybe no diagnosis at all. Some of us were abused, some not. We come from all walks of life and can be any age. We are every race or religion that you can think of. Our common link is this: We are in pain. We self-injure. And we are not freaks.

lonely_hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:50 AM   #3
Phantomhive312

I am currently:

well the only reason I stopped is because Bay took my hands and told me to stop before turning back to her and (politely) asking her to leave so I could calm down, she just glared at me before walking out.... I'm not sure if I have done it before or not and maybe not have noticed

The bond between a girl and her horse is like an unbreakable thread, but when that thread finally does break it leaves deep scars for both

all the days of my life,

Old 03-09-2012, 10:31 AM   #4
PainfulSecrets
To die would be an excellent adventure

I am currently:

I am sorry that you were put in that position, definitely sucks.

When I was having problems with harming with my hands, I got a little thing of play-doh that I carried around with me (I made sure it was orange too :P) and when I would get frustrated and have trouble I would pull that out and start playing with it to distract myself. (For me it always worked better than just a stress ball) I got some silly looks in study hall, but hey it's play-doh and there's only so much frowning you can do when you have play-doh before it brings a smile to your face.

I hope this helps.

PainfulSecrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #5
Scaredy-cat
I am the very model of a modern major general

I am currently:

I made myself a stress ball out of some balloons and flour, it was really helpful in aituations similar to what you describe.

He was no longer jean valjean but no. 24601 -les miserable

Some of life's mysteries will never be solved, such as why, after spending an entire evening listenong to Bach, do I find myself humming "the birdie song".......

I am reaching, but i fall, and the stars are black and cold, as i stare into the void of a world that cannot hold- les miserables

Scaredy-cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:18 AM   #6
Phantomhive312

I am currently:

Thank you, Ill try some of these teqniques next time, that way I dont have to worry Bay so much ^.^

all the days of my life,

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)