RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 17-02-2013, 04:48 PM   #1
OneForSorrow
Custom User Title

I am currently:
Bring Your Own Cocktails

Has anyone been here? It's a bar in Covent Garden, London, called BYOC.
Basically you bring a bottle of two of your favourite spirit, and then the bar stuff make cocktails out of it, using their own mixers and syrups etc.
You pay £20 entrance fee, and they do it all for you.
My friend is doing this for her birthday, and although the concept sounds quite cool, if you think about it it will cost a lot right?! £20 entrance plus at least £15- £20 on a bottle. You're not gonna want Tesco's own vodka for it...
Anyway maybe it's me being a brat but does anyone else think this isn't quite as amazing as it sounds?!

Plus you'd have to drink ALL of the spirit you bring, or it's a waste, as you can't exactly bring it anywhere else you go afterwards, i.e other bars or clubs in London...(and I'd be dead if I drank it all..)

OneForSorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #2
whirlpools

It does sound expensive to me, but then I guess it depends on how big a drinker you are (I'd normally have one or two cocktails and that's it). If you got special offer branded alcohols and all your friends bought one or two bottles each for everyone to share, I guess it'd work out. But not sure I'd do it.

whirlpools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 05:01 PM   #3
OneForSorrow
Custom User Title

I am currently:

That's what I'm thinking. I'm not a huge drinker, but like I do like cocktails! But surely it would get a bit boring?! Will have to see! It's in March, so I have time to decide I guess!

Old 17-02-2013, 05:12 PM   #4
whirlpools

Well if you do decide to go, have a lovely time! Plan with your friends which spirits you're all going to need/bring, and look out for special offers. I'm more of an 'all you can eat ice cream' kind of girl, with all the sprinkles, I think :)

whirlpools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 05:15 PM   #5
OneForSorrow
Custom User Title

I am currently:

Hahahaha I'd much rather go for icecream :P
the way I see it is it'll be £40 for cocktails, whereas I normally dont even spend that on a whole night out, travel and everything included!

Old 17-02-2013, 09:47 PM   #6
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

I have no idea but dropped by for general London thumbs-upping. Hope it turns out better than you anticipate if you do decide to go!

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2013, 12:53 AM   #7
LemonTangWang
Sensual

I am currently:

I like the sound of this a heavy night out can cost £100 quite easily especially if you're drinking cocktails, the only thing is and I think goes for a lot of people if you plan to make a night of it then you don't want to spend all your time in one place. Can you not take your left overs with you?

wubalubadubdub

LemonTangWang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #8
OneForSorrow
Custom User Title

I am currently:

^ I thought that, but we'd have to drink leftovers on the street! I usually spend max £20 on a night out, including pre-drinks and get wasted...so reluctant to spend £40 in one place!

Old 18-02-2013, 10:56 AM   #9
FabulousMike
Proud Union Activist.

I am currently:

£20 on one night?! THAT'S NOTHING! I normally spend around £40-£60 but I have a habit of buying people drinks.

This does sound rather exciting though.

FabulousMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2013, 10:57 AM   #10
OneForSorrow
Custom User Title

I am currently:

Maybe I'm being stingy :P Haha yeah I usually buy a bottle of vodka - £8, plus a mixer, 50p (for the skanky tescos own coke) and drink that on pre-drinks, then usually when I'm out I'm too drunk to go to the bar, or only buy shots and stuff...I'm the biggest lightweight ever!

Old 18-02-2013, 10:58 AM   #11
FabulousMike
Proud Union Activist.

I am currently:

Also am I the only one that isn't up for clubbing? I'll do it if I really have to but give me a pub any day!

FabulousMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #12
Accidentally Abstract
Luce.

Sounds fairly expensive to me.. But I suppose it isn't too bad if you can take your bottles away with you at the end & go straight home with them..?

I'm the type of person who changes drinks every round though, so I'm not sure it'd work for me!

Might be worth it for the experience..?

Hope you have fun if you do decide to go!

Ride it out.
"I need a sunrise in the dark."

Accidentally Abstract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2013, 11:05 AM   #13
On.My.Way
Dare To Believe

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmike View Post
Also am I the only one that isn't up for clubbing? I'll do it if I really have to but give me a pub any day!
I'm not a big fan of clubbing either Mike... I much prefer the pub also. I'll go clubbing with my mates though, usually spend around £30-50 if I go out clubbing, depending how many places we go/where we go.

If I'm down my local I'll spend about £20 on a night.

QK <3

On.My.Way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2013, 11:06 AM   #14
OneForSorrow
Custom User Title

I am currently:

Haha thank you guys! I'll see if I can get away with bringing a tiny bottle of a tesco value rum or something :P You have to bring a bottle that's sealed for health and safety reasons, but if I just get something small it should be okay. All of my friends are a lot richer than me, as they still have their student loans, whereas I don't because I've finished :(

Old 19-02-2013, 11:40 PM   #15
squirrelspit

I am currently:

why not just take smaller bottles of spirits?

Or a bottle thats not completely full? Take half and leave half in a bottle at home?

Or buy a cheap as **** bottle of vodka and pour it into a branded bottle?

Ive not been, but ive heard about it. Apparently its tiiiiny. You can also take wine or beer if you fancied cocktails making with either of those.

There are some odd bars in London. theres one just by tower bridge where an actual robot serves your drinks.

squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)