The Hierophant

& me.

The Hierophant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2010, 06:02 PM   #203
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

I bought such a nice top and skirt today - I would love to show it off :P

(I went in search for a job center, found out it was shut down and went to Oxford street instead. Fail.)

Imperfection is underrated.

Bellatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2010, 07:40 PM   #204
Fry

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeaCulpa View Post
I bought such a nice top and skirt today - I would love to show it off :P
Just go ahead.

It's sad that this thread has had to go on (and on and on) for this long in my opinion.

Stop thinking about what I want, what he wants, what your parents want. What do you want?

(Used to be ~sonic~)

Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2010, 09:09 PM   #205
Freedom Fighter

Quote:
It's sad that this thread has had to go on (and on and on) for this long in my opinion.
its been going in circles since page 4 or 5

Then wear the gold hat, if that will move her;
If you can bounce high, bounce for her too,
Till she cry "Lover, gold-hatted, high-bouncing lover,
I must have you!"

Thomas Parke D’Invilliers

Freedom Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2010, 09:31 PM   #206
forever_lost

I am currently:

haven't we all just kind of been agreeing mostly for 11 pages?

Giving up doesn't always mean you're weak.
Sometimes it just means you're strong enough to let go.
"But it's the truth even if it didn't happen."

forever_lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2010, 10:36 PM   #207
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

^ Fun pointless comments?

Yey :)

Old 16-05-2010, 02:11 AM   #208
Animad

I just wanted to point out something said a couple of pages ago. It was posted that with cuts/ SH it isn't often competitive... It definately CAN get that way and often does without people realising. People feeling guilty coz they're doing a 'rubbish job' coz people are cutting deeper by the sounds of them or in fact that they definately are. And then this does lead to people cutting deeper. I've known of people going on the FAF to purposely trigger themselves and I've seen obvious competitive behaviour going on in there, as noticeably with cutting as it is with EDs. It does happen so I think people should be aware of it and not does dismiss it and as well, it's often not just people competing with others but it's them 'compting' with themselves so one day they ma want to cut deeper than the last time etc and so pics with scars on can worsen this; it's one of several reasons why pics of cuts are not allowed on the forum via threads or PMs (unless to an FAA/ WCA where it is slightly different. And yes, I've been PMd pics of cuts before to ask if they were bad enough for her to be classed as a proper cutter; she thought it was fine as I was an FAA; she got told I wasn't allowed to answer that and that it doesn't matter about the cuts and that it wasn't allowed for her to PM pics of cuts to ANY member and only to one in the FA Team IF there is a genuine first aid reason for it.

Animad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:26 PM   #209
Emm
-the invisible one-

I am currently:

^ I agree with the competitive part about SH, I used to be like that, don't know why but I had to be 'worse' than everyone else. To me seeing someone with a cut was worse than seeing someone who was really thin.
Couldn't a thread just be labelled *triggering-ED* or something just as a lot of the picture threads are labelled *triggering-SH*? Cos to be honest, if someone doesn't want to be triggered, they can stay out of the threads like that - and if they did want to be triggered it wouldn't make any difference whether it was here or not, its easy to find triggering stuff on google, sadly.

Since when was the moon so bright
that it hid all of my stars?

xxx

Emm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:51 PM   #210
Cryptic.
If at first you don't succeed, try try try again.

I am currently:

I agree. ^^

In a world where you can be anything, be yourself.

Cryptic. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:19 PM   #211
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

I'm quite certain a thread labelled *triggering ED* would create attention towards it for the wrong reasons. It might stop a small percent from triggering themselves, but it is going to make the situation worse for certainly some of those with eating disorders (which by nature, can be competitive) by highlighting the thread that can be used to compare, and perhaps worsen their own feelings and thoughts about themselves.

We used to have an ED Board Picture thread but it was removed as it was deemed, basically, a big trigger-fest. These labels would be doing the same but without one big thread.

And plus, what on earth does *triggering ED* mean in a label on photos? Are they for the posts that are accentuating thinnness (in which case we should remove), or are they simply a thin person? An average person? An overweight person? I have an eating disorder but I am not thin. (And does this make my condition less severe?)

We don't allow images of graphic wounds, and we don't have a *triggering SI* label but instead a *Scars Visible* label, for when they might be accidentally, subtly in view. And in this same vein, posts of people who are accentuating their thinness are not allowed, but we do not remove all instances of people who are thin. It's a degree of severity.

Snow White. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:23 PM   #212
Cryptic.

I am currently:

*shrugs* Why should we be held accountable for people who purposely trigger themselves? I don't see any photos of people purposely showing off their "thinness" merely a photo of someone who is thin, but that's going to be triggering either way, I just think a warning to those who don't WANT to be triggered & who would like a warning so they can avoid being triggered should have that at least.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:35 PM   #213
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

Quote:
Why should we be held accountable for people who purposely trigger themselves?
We shouldn't be accountable. But we should certainly try and reduce the instances of people intentionally triggering themselves on this website.

And why?

Because we're a recovery website. I mean.. why don't we allow images of massive wounds, and if you look, it's your fault. Or suicide methods and if you use them, it's your fault. The list goes on. Same with triggering pictures.

Quote:
I don't see any photos of people purposely showing off their "thinness" merely a photo of someone who is thin, but that's going to be triggering either way,
There's a difference, and I think it's already been covered:

"I think it's really important to make this clear for everyone reading: we are not saying photos of people who are thin are going to be removed. It is more about those which are accentuating their thinness and posting in ways that emphasise that, such as hunching shoulders to show collarbones or photos of simply a very thin body part that is highlighting the thinness, etc. It's usually pretty obvious when it is happening.

But no, we're not simply removing photos of people who are thin."

And to a much less important extent, but important for me, if all my friends in the eating disorder forum who were thin use this label, *eating disorder trigger* than it would merely become yet another way of completely de-validating my eating disorder ie. "i am not thin enough because i am not triggering".

Last edited by Snow White. : 08-06-2010 at 01:43 PM. Reason: clarifying.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:38 PM   #214
Cryptic.

I am currently:

So, people with ED's cannot post if they are perceived as looking thin?

Old 08-06-2010, 01:42 PM   #215
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

No, I never meant to imply that and that's not what I said.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:46 PM   #216
Cryptic.

I am currently:

Didn't say it is what you said, it was a question.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:52 PM   #217
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

Oh I'm sorry I misunderstood.

People with eating disorders are certainly welcome to post, even if they are thin - they have every right as every other member on here. But the posts shouldn't be glamorising.

You said it yourself:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
Well, I'd say change it so people can post any photo of themselves as long as it is not purposely showing off/glamorizing purely on how thin they are, & has their face in.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:53 PM   #218
Cryptic.

I am currently:

Okay.

Old 14-06-2010, 12:10 PM   #219
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

^(last four or five posts) I think that's perfectly acceptable

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)