RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 23-08-2017, 08:59 AM   #1
Rilic
Loon

I am currently:
Partial seizures

Does anyone know about partial seizures?

It's been brought up before, but then because of my mental health problems they say it might be dissociation and no one really knows.

Sometimes I'm aware that something seems to be wrong, I get very confused, I can't hold a conversation.
Sometimes I can't respond, I can't speak, I'm aware something's going on.

There are times I'm not aware of any passage of time, but then I'm told I just stopped and continued after a short time (usually just seconds - under a minute)
I will sometimes forget the conversation or what I was saying part way through me or someone else talking. Have to have someone tell me what we were talking about and sometimes I remember, but sometimes I can't at all.

Sometimes I am told afterwards of blank periods where I didn't respond at all, or where I seemed confused or slow but I don't remember.

It's reaching a point where since people will understand a partial seizure more than dissociation, it might be just easier for how people react to me to tell them it was a type of seizure.
I don't know if what I experience is worth seeking out answers though. Last time was a long process that ended up nowhere because I was incredibly depressed at the time and they felt it was more important to get psychological help and they could only refer on in one direction or the other. I don't know. It just didn't go beyond seeing someone for a short time at assessment stage. I probably started crying and freaking out or something.

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Rilic is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 24-08-2017, 05:37 PM   #2
Amaranth
Leah

I am currently:

I had absence seizures for a short while when I was a teenager, you could be experiencing that? It's worthwhile seeing your doctor to get it looked into if you can; I don't see any harm in telling people it's partial seizures rather than disocciation if you find that easier, even if you don't know for sure.

Amaranth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2017, 08:03 PM   #3
Knee-Socks

I am currently:

I would go to your doctor right away and talk about it. I've had something like that and we found it was due to the medication I was on.

Knee-Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2017, 02:23 PM   #4
Rilic
Loon

I am currently:

Thank you.
I'm gonna try talk to my doctor when I can get an appointment. But in the meantime I've got a medical bracelet I've put focal seizure on it with autism and anxiety. Whether or not that's exactly what's going on, and especially for when I'm in hospital and can't communicate, at least they can see that.

Rilic is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)