RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2017, 11:18 PM   #52561
Aardbei
Forum Mod

I am currently:

Thank you :)

I hope the new medication is helpful, Jill. Staying on them for now is a good plan too as sometimes it takes a little while for things to settle/take effect. Some mornings are full of dread but I hope your day gets a little easier :)

Aardbei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 12:44 AM   #52562
Serendipity.
fabulous.

Aliiii. <3 I'm glad you're happy in the new flat! You deserve lots of happiness.

Jill, *huge hugs* I really hope you find the new meds helpful. Staying on them is a good plan. Do you know what makes it difficult?

Lots of love and hugs for you all. You're all wonderful <3

"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.
It'll get better. Until then, have a day."

Serendipity. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 01:10 AM   #52563
Juniperi

How are you doing, Hannah? Huge hugs back, just in case you need it.

I find it hard to stay on medication because I don't think I'm worth it. When I don't feel hopeful that things will get better it feels like I'd be better off letting things get worse so I can die instead of living in that constant low. Dramatic, I know, and not entirely logical, but it makes sense to my depressed self even if I know my well self would see it differently. I also feel physically unwell, which I think is just exhaustion from feeling like this, but the initial side effects throw me off too.

Juniperi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 01:19 AM   #52564
Serendipity.
fabulous.

*squish* I can understand those things making it difficult. Try to just stick it out until the initial side effects pass (because generally speaking, they will!) and see how you feel? I know it's hard when you feel you aren't worth it and things seem hopeless, but I hope you can manage to take them for a while and give it a fair shot. You are worth it, I promise. How are you doing? What are you up to today?

Thank you lovely. I'm okay. Not tip top at the moment, feeling rather overwhelmed with various stuff. I had a nice evening though, trying to focus on the positives and believe that it will get easier.

"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.

Old 08-10-2017, 01:27 AM   #52565
Juniperi

Is there anything in particular making you feel overwhelmed? Anything you would like to talk about? What did you get up to in your evening? It's so nice being awake at the same time as you! This hasn't happened for a while :)

I'm going to work soon. Have been to the bouldering wall this morning for a very very short climb. I told my doctor I'd stay on the meds for three months and not think about it so will stick to that.

Old 09-10-2017, 12:08 AM   #52566
Serendipity.
fabulous.

I'm glad that you're going to give the meds three months, that sounds like a good plan :) Climbing sounds good! How was work? How are you doing today?

Thanks lovely <3 I'm feeling overwhelmed by therapy and general life stuff and urges to do silly things, which I don't know where they've come from, I haven't felt like this in ages. I'm managing though. I went out for cocktails with a friend last night, it was nice :)

Old 09-10-2017, 11:12 AM   #52567
HopeRises

I think giving it 3 months is a good idea Jill. I know how horrible it is having to take meds. Hope work went well and your doing ok.

Hannah, sorry your feeling overwhelmed. I hope you feel a little less overwhelmed today.

Leaving lots of love for everyone

Life can be beautiful if you let it.
Step back, breathe and take it in

HopeRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 11:21 AM   #52568
Serendipity.
fabulous.

Heyy Leigh. How are you doing?

Old 09-10-2017, 11:41 AM   #52569
HopeRises

I'm ok, anxious. Haha. How are you doing?

Old 09-10-2017, 11:35 PM   #52570
Serendipity.
fabulous.

Sorry you're feeling so anxious :( Would it help to talk about anything? How are you doing now?

I'm not wonderful, but getting by.

Old 10-10-2017, 10:04 AM   #52571
Eska

I am currently:

Hi all

Jill giving he medication a bit of time sounds like a good plan. I'm glad you got to go bouldering, too!

Leigh, how are you doing? I hope you're feeling a bit less anxious now.

Hannah, sorry things aren't great, it's good that you're managing ok though and you should be proud of that. Is it possible that it's therapy stirring things up a bit? If so might it be worth talking to your therapist about it?

It's a long way down
On this rollercoaster.

Eska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 08:01 AM   #52572
Juniperi

I'm sorry you were feeling overwhelmed, Hannah. How are you doing now? I'm glad you had some fun out having cocktails!

How's the anxiety today, Leigh?

Eska! How are you doing?

I'm worried the medication is going to cause weight gain. My gp said it wouldn't, but I looked it up and google says otherwise...today's been alright. I got some study done and did some cleaning and fell asleep for a while (medication side effect?).

Old 12-10-2017, 12:42 AM   #52573
HopeRises

Try to listen to your GP Jill, rather than the online stuff. I heard quetiapine damages your heart and that you should have regular ecgs. I've easily been on the drug for 7yrs with nothing..I asked dr the other day and she said it isn't the case. Aslong as you don't mega binge and eat sensibly you shouldn't put on weight. You can do this.

Hannah, I'm sorry things are so did fine right now. I hear you and I care.

Eska, how are you?

Old 13-10-2017, 09:28 AM   #52574
Juniperi

Are you doing alright, Leigh?

How is everyone else?

I have tonsillitis! Am so so tired with it. I thought it was the medication making me tired, but maybe I was just getting sick.

Old 13-10-2017, 11:51 AM   #52575
Eska

I am currently:

Oh no, Jill! I hope you feel better soon.

I'm ok. I had an assessment with someone from the mental health team last Friday and I think I managed to say what I needed to say. It looks as though they will be willing to start the DBT referral process. She also said I'll get a key worker and talked about me having a meds review.

Other than that I've been fairly busy with work and climbing and spending time with my friends, which is all positive. There have been a few days where I have been really tired but I've coped with it. We have a new manager at work and I talked to him for the first time yesterday, he seems ok and like he will be accommodating.

It's a long way down
On this rollercoaster.

Eska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2017, 06:45 PM   #52576
Serendipity.
fabulous.

Well done for doing all those things Eska, it sounds really positive :) How are you feeling about DBT and everything?

Owh, Jill :( Poor you! I really hope you feel better soon lovely, I hope you're taking good care of yourself.

Leigh, how are you doing?

Thank you all for being lovely <3 Yeah, I think therapy is definitely stirring things up. Had a really horrible session this week where I just couldn't do it but we talked about how to move forward. And I saw my CC today which also helped, she was really good. I'm still struggling but hopefully things will get a bit easier soon.

Old 13-10-2017, 10:06 PM   #52577
Entropy

I am currently:

I’m sorry I’ve been not around.
I will try to catch up - I hope everyone is ok.

"this is the room where you don't have to be brave"

Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2017, 10:08 PM   #52578
Serendipity.
fabulous.

Katie!! How are you doing lovely? No need to apologise!

Old 14-10-2017, 01:39 PM   #52579
Juniperi

Eska, that all sounds really positive. You're doing so well lovely! What sort of climbing do you do? In a gym or outdoors?

Hannah, I'm sorry you're struggling. You're doing really well and I think you're really brace confronting things in therapy <3

Hi Katie! How have you been?!

Antibiotics are unsettling my stomach big time. Just 8 more days of this. This Wednesday would have been my sister's birthday. Just quietly bracing myself while getting through uni assignments.

Old 14-10-2017, 11:48 PM   #52580
Serendipity.
fabulous.

Owh, poor you Jill :( I hope you feel better asap! I can understand your sister's birthday being incredibly difficult. Do you have any plans for that day? I think you're amazing for carrying on the way you are. Sending so much love your way <3

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)