RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 29-03-2024, 01:07 PM   #1261
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

You're probably right
I know i tend to under react but for some reason, i still don't recognise when i do it

I did find stuff out. They won't be doing the assessment until Tuesday at the very soonest. Could well be days after Tuesday. No one knows for sure.
I'm under the crisis team so they'll be checking in every day. Either a phone call or visit.

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2024, 05:24 PM   #1262
Auror.
Camden

very glad to hear someone will be checking on you in some form and that you found out it might not be until tuesday. hopefully knowing that helps.

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2024, 05:31 PM   #1263
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Thank you
It does help. It was extremely anxiety provoking knowing that i could get a call at any random time for them to do an assessment. Knowing that i have the long weekend to get on with my life is good.
I'm still anxious, but less so.

I also have time to sort myself out before the assessment. If i can show that I've tried and I'm eating stuff, they'll be less likely to section me.

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 29-03-2024, 07:01 PM   #1264
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Do you think having support from crisis will help you to do that? But what will happen after the assessment day if they don't admit you? Would you still be able to keep things up?

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2024, 01:02 AM   #1265
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Potentially
Crisis are really only there to make sure i don't randomly die over the long weekend. They've asked for L's number in case they can't get hold of me.

I'd hope so. Because of my driving test and stuff. But i guess I won't know until it happens

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 30-03-2024, 11:31 AM   #1266
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Hey :)

Obviously a slightly tricky question with the old Rules, but have you managed to make any progress with the whole eating stuff thing?

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2024, 11:48 AM   #1267
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

I have made progress
Idk if it will be enough for the MHA people, but hopefully it shows that I'm at least trying so i won't have to go to hospital. If they believe me at all. MHA people have historically not believed anything I've said
But maybe it'll be different for eating than it is for psychosis etc.

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 31-03-2024, 07:42 PM   #1268
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

So proud of you for making progress! Is it Tuesday the earliest you think they might come?

Old 31-03-2024, 07:45 PM   #1269
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Thank you :)

I have been told it will be after the bank holiday weekend. I imagine it will be later as the more referrals they get (they had 19 on Thursday alone) the further i will be pushed down the list because I'm not an immediate danger to myself or others. I imagine others will be, because that's basically the only reason they do one in the first place!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 31-03-2024, 08:19 PM   #1270
Auror.
Camden

once again pointing out that you almost died recently, and that not eating enough to where things get to that point medically, and not being able to grasp the seriousness of the situation, does in fact make you a danger to yourself.

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

Old 31-03-2024, 08:56 PM   #1271
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

True. I don't think they will see it that way
They probably haven't, giving they're leaving it at least a week before assessing me.
It seems like the cmht are far more concerned than they are. Even the nurse on Thursday who i don't think I've met or spoken to, so there must be some serious things in my notes.
But I'm not psychotic or about to kill myself.
Well, not kill myself on purpose anyway

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 31-03-2024, 09:45 PM   #1272
Auror.
Camden

it's something we have been the equivalent of sectioned for. we know things are different country to country, but we would guess it is a possibility, and is at least somewhat on their radar given the assessment was requested.

know we sound like a broken record, but your lack of ability to grasp any of this doesn't make it seem like you have capacity. which could be the other thing they have noticed.

speculating obviously. but those are what we observe.

Old 31-03-2024, 09:54 PM   #1273
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

You don't sound like a broken record
You wouldn't have to keep saying it if i wasn't such a stubborn idiot most of the time!

It is on their radar. But i don't think they're taking it massively seriously

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 01-04-2024, 02:34 AM   #1274
nowhereman

I am currently:

Hey you don't know me but I'm sending my best wishes. I hope you hear from them soon and get through the rest of the Easter break ok. You have so many people who care about you and want you well.

nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 08:35 AM   #1275
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Thanks so much :)

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 01-04-2024, 06:45 PM   #1276
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

I do agree with Camden that you are have been wildly lacking in capacity, but I also agree with you that you are likely to slip down the priority list.

I'm so glad you've been eating regularly and hope you'll continue to be motivated to keep it up, for so many good reasons (driving test, not dying, health etc) but if those good reasons sometimes don't feel enough do also remember that you have come really close to being sectioned here (and still not out of the woods!) and i know you value your freedom so much.

Old 01-04-2024, 07:17 PM   #1277
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

I wouldn't mind slipping down the priority list if they kept me updated on things tbh! Like idc if they do the assessment in 6-8 business weeks, i just want to know what's going on! It's the not knowing that pisses me off.

I do value my freedom greatly.
It's mainly about the not being sectioned and the driving test atm. I booked the test in November, that's how stupid the waiting lists are. Plus it would be a waste of 62 quid.
Weirdly, my health comes after not being sectioned and driving. But i guess i need to be healthy to continue driving.

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 01-04-2024, 07:27 PM   #1278
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

Yeah, the not knowing must be so annoying. Like, if someone asks you to do something you’re like ‘tentative yes, but they may come try section me at some point between now and then so…’

Yeah, it’s weird but nothing about a disorder where you intentionally and repeatedly trash your own body makes sense so why should fighting it follow a logical hierarchy of interests! I think sometimes the first step is focussing on things that your ED makes inconvenient and sometimes the true body neutrality comes later.

Old 01-04-2024, 07:33 PM   #1279
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Yeah i haven't told anyone at work apart from E and don't know if i should or not! Because if i don't get sectioned, j won't have to deal with my weird GM asking too many questions. But if i do get sectioned, they'll kinda be in the shit staff wise. Which i can't do to them during the Easter holidays (which is NOT a half term :p)

Fair point. It is pretty illogical
I have been doing a weight freak out for a few days so that's no fun. I need to stop weighing myself but i can not

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 01-04-2024, 07:38 PM   #1280
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

I can understand not being able to stop weighing yourself but I bet you could get someone to babysit your scales. And you can tell me that you’d just buy more then fine, buy more and get someone to babysit them too. Eventually you’ll get too annoyed at wasting money and too embarrassed by having L or E babysit five sets of scales to buy anymore.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)