RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-05-2014, 11:38 AM   #1
Emmabob.

I am currently:
Graphic - Leeds teacher stabbing..

I don't even know where to post this.

basically, the stabbing in leeds is getting to me, a lot. it's all thats covering my fb news feed & its all my friends are going on about. I have friends who live outside of leeds & they're all on about it too. a few people were there at the time it happened, who I personally know, where it happened was about 10-15 minutes from where I used to live.. I'm now 25 miles ish away & stupidly on edge with it even though the lad who did it hasn't been released.

can anyone relate in any way at all?

Emmabob. is offline   Reply With Quote
5 Hugs Given By :
Old 01-05-2014, 01:00 PM   #2
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

I understand, I've had these feelings before too. It's all just "too close to home" and the fact you're seeing it everywhere doesn't help. Maybe try and spend more time offline while this is still being talked about and remind yourself too that you are safe x

Snow White. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:57 PM   #3
Fran86
That man is not your maker

I am currently:

I second the above ^
Definitely time to avoid facebook for a bit. Also, think about how incredibly unlikely you will a) ever see this boy and b) he will give you a second glance (no offence meant, but I imagine it wasn't a random stabbing).

You ARE safe. You are in one of the safest countries in the world, try and take comfort in that.

Rx

I focus on the pain
The only thing that's real

– "Hurt"

Fran86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:05 AM   #4
Emmabob.

I am currently:

Thankyou for the replies lovelies <3

Emmabob. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2014, 07:27 PM   #5
obscene_demeanor

I am currently:

I totally relate. I don't know how global this bit of news was, but in the United States, in Boston there was a bombing last year during the Boston marathon. I live about an hour, hour and a half from Boston, but at the time I was staying with my grandmother for a visit. The suspect of the bombing was on the run, and spotted in a town about probably half an hour from where I was staying, killed a few people, and then disappeared from the police radar. I was terrified. I could hardly sleep because I was so scared. So, I totally relate. I felt better after he was caught. (He was such an idiot- hiding in someone's boat in their backyard) I'm sure once they find the guy and have him in custody, you'll feel better. At least, that's what I hope. Sorry this is a late reply, but I wanted you to know that I can relate and you're not alone in your emotions (:

obscene_demeanor is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)