RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-12-2021, 05:52 AM   #1
stumpy
Hidden In My Shell I'm the Invisible Person...

I am currently:
Not new but took a very long break... But I'm back... 😊

I'm not new, but I took a very long break, but I'm back, considering my recent thoughts of Self Harm, I feel I need to have a supporting, non-judgemental support network, and with Covid Restrictions, I can't have a physical face to face support network, so this is the next best thing

Hello to everybody, any old members that might remember me, or those who don't yet know me

I'm 34, from South Wales, UK

I'm currently 17 almost 18 months free of self harm, but really struggling recently, have been experiencing bullying on Facebook, and finding Covid and restrictions surrounding the Covid situation really difficult, so I just need somewhere I feel I can be myself, where I can feel safe

Anything else you want to know, just ask, I try to be as honest as I can about my experiences.

So anyway Hi

stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 21-12-2021, 10:02 AM   #2
Elmer
Patchwork Elephant

I am currently:

Welcome back :) I remember seeing you around, but I wasn’t very active back then.

Sorry things are hard, I hope you find the support you need here. The site is a bit geriatric and there aren’t too many of us about, so replies can be slow but that doesn’t mean nobody’s listening.

'It's an impossible choice ... I'll just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me.'

"You're not scared of climbing mountains. You're scared that you can't make them move."

Jenna was here :P

Elmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2021, 02:18 PM   #3
stumpy

I am currently:

Thanks Elmer, ye I know things will be a bit quiet around about now, because of Christmas, but they'll pick up once Christmas is over, but in the mean time I can try to focus on Art, and some games to distract me :) it's good to be back, it beats all the bullying sniping and griping on Facebook, and the depressing constant Covid news, that is inescapable there.

I almost feel like creating a Facebook Rules File, to block all posts with the word Covid, because it's all so depressing :D but I don't think that's what Facebook's privacy feature to block certain words was intended for ;D thank god there are none of those ads or depressing posts here, so I can happily mooch, without the bombarding barrage of stuff, from from news articles, to World Heath Organization posts.

There is nothing more irritating than the constant anger from political differences, and the fighting that is constantly now taking place on Facebook, at least now I can actually laugh about it :D yesterday I was angry and in a bad, place, but with today's escape I'm finally bouncing back from that anger, and now I'm finally starting to calm down, maybe I can get better sleep too, something I haven't had for a while, maybe after some decent sleep, it's time to reawaken my creativity :D

Old 21-12-2021, 03:18 PM   #4
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Welcome back, I'm sorry you've had a hard time on Fb. I hope you find it helpful being back here. Things aren't quiet just because of Christmas, it's generally quiet round here now but we're still a good bunch. Take care.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2021, 11:16 PM   #5
stumpy

I am currently:

Thanks, it's definitely not as quiet as some of the other sites I have posted on, and ye I'm sure I'll still find it helpful, everyone here will always be a good bunch, as we all have something in common

See ya round the board, when I get to posting some more

Old 23-12-2021, 04:32 AM   #6
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

Hello stumpy I remember you! Like Lindsay said it's generally quiet but I hope that you find it super useful to be back.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 03:54 AM   #7
stumpy

I am currently:

Thanks, and ye I am finding it useful to be back, I actually used it to increase my confidence enough over several days, to help motivate me, and get me out the house, and today I finally did it, it was a disappointment when out, but it means, at least I still can get out, after the disappointment of New Year Celebrations being put on hold, because of the new restrictions here in Wales, today I seemed to have the bar maid of our local Working Men's Club taking her feelings out on me, she's usually a nice person, but tonight, miserable was an understatement, she made me feel really unwelcome, almost as if, I had done something wrong, or done something bad to her, but on the plus side, getting out did make the night go faster

Old 31-01-2022, 08:35 PM   #8
88shelz
be positive

I am currently:

Welcome back. I recognise your username
Hope you find here helpful. Facebook can be a horrible place at times when mental health isn’t in a good place.

88shelz is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)