RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 28-05-2015, 07:19 AM   #1
IronManStark
This Member is currently Banned

I am currently:
feel so sick

I feel really quite nauseous and sick this morning, is this something I should be worried about baring in mind I had that overdose 5 days to a week ago...?

One Hug Given By:
Old 29-05-2015, 03:20 AM   #2
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

When you were discharged did they give you any instructions about returning if you experienced any particular symptoms?

If you are still feeling nauseous I would at the very least try to see an out of hours GP ASAP, and if not go to A and E.

No other sadness in the world would do

Old 29-05-2015, 04:13 AM   #3
Animad

As said, if you're feeling really nausea a then it's best to get seen. Also get seen immediately if you start vomiting a lot, have abdominal (tummy) pains, get really bad diarrhoea or even constipation or you start to become pale/ jaundiced. Basically if you are going downhill again at all rather than improving then it's best to get seen as if can cause serious effects days later so if you're unsure then get yourself checked out

Old 29-05-2015, 09:13 AM   #4
IronManStark

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi.R^2 View Post
When you were discharged did they give you any instructions about returning if you experienced any particular symptoms?
Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi.R^2 View Post
If you are still feeling nauseous I would at the very least try to see an out of hours GP ASAP, and if not go to A and E.
I had hoped it would have gone by now, but nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animad View Post
As said, if you're feeling really nausea a then it's best to get seen. Also get seen immediately if you start vomiting a lot, have abdominal (tummy) pains, get really bad diarrhoea or even constipation or you start to become pale/ jaundiced. Basically if you are going downhill again at all rather than improving then it's best to get seen as if can cause serious effects days later so if you're unsure then get yourself checked out
I have some slight yellowing on my arm around my cut does that count? It doesn't hurt so its not likely to be bruising. Was hoping that Was the end of it all... but guess not

Old 29-05-2015, 01:33 PM   #5
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

As has already been said, I'd definitely get seen ASAP.

Old 29-05-2015, 01:44 PM   #6
IronManStark

I am currently:

I'll go to the out of hours place in a bit, they didn't seem to be as prone to putting everything down to psychological processes as my gp surgery was
After all, according to the GPs at my GP's surgery (based on prior assumptions they made about other stuff), an overdose taken due to mental distress could only ever cause somatic psychological symptoms, it's in no way physically harmful...? What bollocks they talk.

Old 29-05-2015, 07:35 PM   #7
IronManStark

I am currently:

Well I'm at A&E, was sent here by the out of hours doc. :/ *sighs frustrated* oh joy! Another effin' hospital visit/stay

Old 29-05-2015, 08:12 PM   #8
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

Glad you're being seen :)

Old 29-05-2015, 08:34 PM   #9
IronManStark

I am currently:

As ever they're tediously slow.

Old 29-05-2015, 09:36 PM   #10
IronManStark

I am currently:

They sent me away without even doing bloods or any other form of proper test to make sure it was what they think it was (excess acid? For which the doc prescribed me medication and completely ignored the brown/yellow patch on my arm... on the upside they didn't think I was still a risk and didn't force me to see the crisis team against my will again)
Further complicated by urges to cut...:/ I can't go back there for anything like that if they're gonna force me to have a psychiatric diagnostic assessment which I was close to being forced to have last time, all I want is to be a healthy weight again and I find it so unhelpful, triggering even, that once you're mentally recovered there's no physical help because to them you can only be recovered if your weight is safe, and because I am fully mentally recovered from anorexia they think I am physically (they only seem to understand the physical aspect of anorexia and not the psychological side) recovered also... I'm not!

Old 29-05-2015, 09:57 PM   #11
Iamcatbug
Cat

Sounds like it was a positive visit though given that they didn't keep you in or anything.

Old 29-05-2015, 10:02 PM   #12
IronManStark

I am currently:

Part of me sees it that way, part of me is irritated that they didn't even take bloods, sitting around for a few hours for a few pokes didn't really seem like a good use of our time (mine and theirs); coulda gone to the everything-is-psychological GP surgery for that and been out in a quarter of the time

Old 29-05-2015, 10:03 PM   #13
Iamcatbug
Cat

True. I hope you feel better soon

Old 29-05-2015, 10:05 PM   #14
IronManStark

I am currently:

Sorry, I'm just grumpy, the threat of a forced psychiatric assessment is hanging over my head like a thundercloud, and is only serving to make me triggered beyond anything I've felt in ages!

Old 31-05-2015, 08:56 PM   #15
Imperfect.Star

There isn't a blood test for that which is why they won't have done one. I know it can seem that not much is being done but some diagnoses are made just from history taking and examining a patient. Often bloods etc aren't helpful so are just wasted time and money (you would have spent a good 2h more sitting around waiting for results that probably wouldn't have changed anything).

Always seem to get things just that little bit wrong.

"don't wish, don't start, wishing only wounds the heart"

Old 31-05-2015, 11:46 PM   #16
IronManStark

I am currently:

You seem to know what you're talking about, but my point still stands, hopefully even the seemingly incompetent people at my GP surgery, who were absolutely obsessed that absolutely everything is psychological (to use their words "in my head") since my scars were seen by doctors there, could've done that investigation and came to that conclusion, and it would have been much faster too!

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)