RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 29-03-2014, 10:36 PM   #1
Stage Star
Sing. Dance. Act.

I am currently:
I have a bad feeling about my friend's boyfriend.

One of my best friends is head over heels in love. And of course I'm happy for her. But the guy makes me super uncomfortable.

I've only met him a couple of times and never for longer than a quick few minutes, but still, whenever I see him I just get a really bad feeling. It's weird, like a sixth sense. Whenever my friend posts stuff about him on facebook I start getting nervous, like physically anxious.

I can't stand it when she talks about him.

I know this isn't a weird jealously thing or anything because plenty of my other friends have boyfriends and I think they're all awesome!

This dude just doesn't seem right to me, even though to talk to on the outside he seems like a perfectly decent bloke.

Am I the only one who gets bad feelings about people for no reason at all??

I think I'll try...

Defying Gravity

... And you can't pull me down.

Stage Star is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 29-03-2014, 10:55 PM   #2
Emmabob.

I am currently:

I have no advice, I just want to say if you've got a funny feeling, you're probably right with it. have you tried speaking to your friend about it at all? x

Emmabob. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2014, 11:07 PM   #3
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

I get this allll the time and Im right 98% of the time.

What I have learnt is to not say anything, people don't want to hear it and it will be you that ends up getting hurt. You can kind of tune out when she talks about him if it makes you that anxious.

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.

griddlebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2014, 11:08 PM   #4
Stage Star
Sing. Dance. Act.

I am currently:

No if I talk to her about it, I'm likely to lose her. I suppose I just have to put up with him and then be there for her if/when he turns out to be the d**khead I reckon he is.

I think I'll try...

Defying Gravity

Old 30-03-2014, 08:55 PM   #5
staceyrawrcakes

I am currently:

I get it all the time, even just with random people I don't know in town when I walk past them.
I probably wouldn't say anything to her though, she won't want to listen if she really likes him.
I'd trust your instincts though, they're usually right.

staceyrawrcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:39 AM   #6
Soviette

I am currently:

Normally I would say "trust your instincts" - But from what you've written, there's seemingly actually no evidence or reason that he's someone to be cautious of. Like usually there's a slight reason you would get nervous around like that, because of something they say or their behaviour (like making a pass at you or whatever)

Maybe it's a subconscious thing - you don't like the way he looks, or his personality, or whatever. You might just simply dislike him...

My own opinion is that you should probably keep it to yourself, as telling your friend this would probably only cause an argument, especially as you can't substantiate why, but keep an eye on her, and try to find out why he makes you feel so uncomfortable.

Soviette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:47 PM   #7
Stage Star
Sing. Dance. Act.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
Normally I would say "trust your instincts" - But from what you've written, there's seemingly actually no evidence or reason that he's someone to be cautious of. Like usually there's a slight reason you would get nervous around like that, because of something they say or their behaviour (like making a pass at you or whatever)
I think I do have a reason. He cheated on his previous girlfriend with my friend, meaning that he's capable of being 'that' sort of person.

But you're right, I can't say anything to her and it would be completely unfair of me to judge him outright without having got to know him. It's just a sixth sense, you know?

I think I'll try...

Defying Gravity

Old 10-04-2014, 09:03 AM   #8
-Asphyxia-
-loser-

I am currently:

.I do agree with Nexus to some degree. It's a is good to go with your "gut instinct" and intuition, because they never lie. Perhaps you can observe him for a bit and try to pinpoint what bothers you about him. (Sorry, I'm kind of re-wording Nexus to some degree).

Not all people are bad, but if you get a questioning feeling in your gut at any point...Well...Your instincts are probably correc

Last edited by -Asphyxia- : 10-04-2014 at 09:04 AM. Reason: *correct. Typo.

-poisonous-

-Asphyxia- is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)