RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 16-08-2007, 05:11 PM   #1
Crumple...
in an ocean that is churning

Halifax/Bank of Scotland phone interview.

Hey :)
I never post in here but I figure I'd have a bietter chance of getting some advice on this here.

Ok, I have a phone interview for Halifax/Bank of Scotland (Let's take a moment to dance in celebration because this is the first time someone has got back to me about a job in months) and they'll be asking me questions about numbers and looking for more detail on me, I think.
Has anyone ever had a phone interview like this?
I'm pretty terrible on the phone as it is but I'll be bricking it for the interview.

If you've had a similar interview, what happened? What kind of questions were asked? Basically, what can I expect?

I've never done a phone interview, and I've only had one actual interview, and that was in Build-A-Bear and seen as I had to make a monkey noise and draw an outfit for a bear I seriously doubt that experience will help me here.

So yeah, if you can help with what to expect or even offer a few pointers to keep myself calm during the interview I would so appreciate it.

Cheers :)
Fi.

How many ticks left in that clockwork heart?

Old 16-08-2007, 05:36 PM   #2
Sans Peur

Write down what you want to sayand questions you would like to ask about the job.

maybe some info you have about halifax to show you have researched them can improve your chances if getting the job

take a glass of water with you to drink if you get nervous.also go for a pee ... needing to pee can be so distracting.

i really hope it goes well for you

GOOD LUCK

jane xx

Old 16-08-2007, 08:29 PM   #3
Crumple...
in an ocean that is churning

Ta for the replies m'dears.
Yeah, I don't have any questions the now but I'll think of some by the interview, it's on Monday, and I'll have a read about the website as well, I'm with BOS anyway, hopefully that'll earn me a few points, lol.

Thanks for the tips Irene, I'll probably be in my bedroom, sitting on my floor, I usually calm myself down and collect myself on the floor, so that might help. Ah yeah, people can hear you smiling on the phone, that's something my last job taught me at least :P

It's a customer adviser I'm applying for, they're looking for people who are interested in a career in banking, and seen as I have no direction whatsoever I think I just decided my new career path is banking when I agreed the interview time, lol.

Thanks again :)

How many ticks left in that clockwork heart?

Old 01-07-2010, 12:38 AM   #4
jerryvn01

Bank interview questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumple... View Post
Hey :)
I never post in here but I figure I'd have a bietter chance of getting some advice on this here.

Ok, I have a phone interview for Halifax/Bank of Scotland (Let's take a moment to dance in celebration because this is the first time someone has got back to me about a job in months) and they'll be asking me questions about numbers and looking for more detail on me, I think.
Has anyone ever had a phone interview like this?
I'm pretty terrible on the phone as it is but I'll be bricking it for the interview.

If you've had a similar interview, what happened? What kind of questions were asked? Basically, what can I expect?

I've never done a phone interview, and I've only had one actual interview, and that was in Build-A-Bear and seen as I had to make a monkey noise and draw an outfit for a bear I seriously doubt that experience will help me here.

So yeah, if you can help with what to expect or even offer a few pointers to keep myself calm during the interview I would so appreciate it.

Cheers :)
Fi.
Hi,

Thanks very much for this comment. It help me to think about my ideals.

Tks again and pls keep posting.

Old 01-07-2010, 01:39 PM   #5
Raven

I am currently:

i think i had one like that, but i think with HSBC. it was years ago so its a bit hazy but i seem to remember them calling and asking me maths questions. like mental arithmetic. also how i would handle certain situations should they arise.

good luck for the interview...im crap on the phone too but just be friendly and feign confidence

"When I want your opinion, I'll beat it out of you" - Dr Samuel Loomis

Old 01-07-2010, 06:41 PM   #6
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

locking as old old thread

Something Special.

Closed Thread

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)