RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-06-2022, 07:47 AM   #1
gaandu

How do I get out of bed when my subconscious brain says me to keep sleeping?

extreme laziness to get out of the bed in morning.

Why do I want to get out of the bed in time?

=> when I don't get out of bed in time, it just ruins my day. I keep thinking about it, regretting it and don't do anything productive for the whole day.

Why do I keep staying in bed?

=> Even though I am awake, I keep procastinating in bed. I try to watch youtube and sleep. But I am not addicted to smartphone, I just don't want to get out.

=> I don't have any medical conditions related to mental health. I have checked it out with 3 doctors for confirmation. None of them said any problems and it makes sense.

=> If I wake up on time, I indeed work hard, study and be disciplined throughout the day.

=> The reasons why I am procastinating are-:

a) I am studying for theory exams and even though I learn everything properly and revise I end up getting 50% in them. (I expect around 65% which is good for my tier of student. So you know that fear of failing gives procastination. (But the chances are pretty high that I might not even pass (40%) if I don't study that much. But my brain doesn't realises it in procastination

b) I am studying for failed subject exams i.e I am alone and have no friends studying it, no classes to go, totally at home.

c) I have lost my desire to give 100% once I entered university. I just feel "just do the bare minimum" mentality. That is embedded in my subconscious brain. It has nth to do with depression but laziness. I just don't feel why should I work hard

d) I really have no fear about anything. I don't care what people will think about me if I fail. I am so indifferent lol. It is terrible. I have explicitly 0 motivation to study hard simply because I don't care about anything. Again this has nth to do with sadness or depression although it might look like that. Pure laziness and whatever.

=> I am really frustrated with myself after I wake up late and waste my day. I want to fix this for ever. I am a kind of person who uses technology a lot. So I tried alarmy app, sadly it did nth to my cause. Alarmy app just wakes up those who are in deep sleep. My problem is that I am already awake at time. My subconscious has been programmed to be lazy. I need to reprogram it and idk how.

Please suggest any life advice, motivation, inspiration, what should i do or anything that would help me to get out of this situation.

gaandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2022, 07:00 PM   #2
Iamcatbug
Cat

Just to query the doctors saying there is nothing wrong in the mental health department. Are you being 100% honest with them and have they suggested what it could be that is causing you to be lazy on a morning?

What I’ve found when I’ve accidentally wasted a day/failed to do something is to give myself a set time to start something, even if it is literally just washing my face. So I’m wondering if with the waking up and getting up, instead of aiming for a time that is hours in advance of when you do get up now, how about starting with a smaller time scale? Say 5 minutes earlier than now for a week or so and see if that works?

Iamcatbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2022, 12:06 AM   #3
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

I wondered that too.

OP you have posted on a mh forum so you obviously think that there's a mh reason for this. Additionally you haven't said that the doctors have done blood tests/physical exam (or if you have I missed it). There might be a physical reason for not being able to get up/the way you're feeling. Personally I would be going back to the doctor and having a frank discussion with whoever you see.

Last edited by not_so_insig : 22-06-2022 at 12:27 AM.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is online now   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)