RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-04-2016, 08:55 AM   #1
jr777

Why do so many people get tattoo's now

I'm posting this to explain my beliefs. I don't agree with getting tattoo's but i don't hate anyone who gets them. This is simply to warn you of what i feel is happening and please don't take it the wrong way and feel free to respond.

First, I believe more and more are getting tattoo's even as young as they can do to advertising. A recent example of this would be the pink cloths so many woman wear now. Any more almost every woman wears them and i believe from simply seeming other women with them on. I didn't fully realize this till recently i guess cause i never wear caps. But most guys get all their caps free with a advertisement on them. The tattoo's are also advertised a lot by movies and singers. A good example is the expendles movies. I believe they were some of the worst movies i ever seen with the worst actors. But they were huge hits because of the explosions. I know a lot of them actors you see or singers probably do have real tattoo's. But if you think they all use real ones you want to look again. If they use a temporary tattoo they can switch products on the fly and few people will even notice.

Next for those of you who have tattoo's. When you go to get your tattoo's how many times does the one doing it for you warn you not to, or atleast say it might not be a good tattoo for you. Probably never or very rare because they simply want to make money and need to. I have nothing against them for that its just the way world works. A honest car salesman will never sell a single car.

Now the reason they might be bad for you and once again do not be upset by what i say if you already have them because so many others do it does not matter. Lets say you get a tattoo on your arm of your favorite movie star. Then 5 years later you have kids and notice them watching a movie on tv is in. Its the actors newest movie just released so your excited also. Any way after the movie is over you are shocked to find out how bad that actor is or maybe the actor is promoting something really bad in the movie.
Then the next day comes and you go to work and this tattoo you have is rather large. Your supervisor at works ask to talk to you and tells you, I'm sorry but i have to let you go. Its because i'm receiving to many complaints about that tattoo you have.

And now why i believe they want you to get tattoo's. By they i mean people in power that may be even unknown. First off the next thing even though now many of you may think of it as completly wrong and so do i. But will your kids and will their kids when they come into a world of tattoo's?
It could get to the point where parent's are allowed to tattoo their kids at birth legaly and get paid for it. Next is the barcode's. Its allready shown to you in many movies. A recent one would be the hitman movie. If you have a barcode tattoo money is not needed for the general population and they have complete control of you. And the movies they show it done in are often its allways the good people that get the code. That way it makes it more acceptable. I feel it's all leading up to making slavery completely legal again, only this time most of the population will be slaves and not even know it.

jr777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 10:08 AM   #2
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

I'm afraid I don't quite follow your argument about the link between tattoos and slavery? And I don't know anyone who has a tattoo of a movie star. Most people I know who have tattoos have a tattoo of a quote, symbol or picture that means something to them. It's fine for you to not like them, but ultimately it's up to the individual if they want to get a tattoo and that choice doesn't really impact on anyone else so i do think it's quite an odd thing for people to judge others for, as it doesn't affect them.

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 10:33 AM   #3
jr777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
There are various ideas circulating things that would allow "cashless" bionic transactions.
Obviously such a mechanism could also be abused, for nefarious purposes, on a small or grand scale. Consequently I think that most people should and would refuse to get such a thing installed on their body.
HOWEVER, I outright reject the idea that there is a big conspiracy at play - it is simply the chaos of many different systems interacting, developing, deteriorating, etc.. IF an organisation with such a plan DID exist, we're all ****ed anyhow, tattoos or not.
Tattoos have existed, in many cultures, for thousands of years. Some of the earliest known uses of tattoos were to mark the body in ways that would make one unattractive as a slave. In other situations, tattoos have been used to denote that one already someone's slave - so to prevent theft or escape. The most recent, relevant example I can think of is the numbers tattoo'd on people in concentration camps and gulags of 20th Century Europe.

Lastly, barcodes tattooed on the skin are not really a viable way to install a "cashless" system, still less a system of population control - there are far better methods (for either purpose).
Your right we if it does exsist we most likely will be all f----d as you said. But some would try to fight against it and most would not even know what is happening. As it is right now everyone goes to work but i have noticed almost everyone is completely broke by the time they get their next paycheck. Have you noticed this? How many people have their houses morgaged. My point is the system sets you up to believe you are in fact living well. You might remember the song watefalls by the 4 women singers. It was a really huge hit and still is. But if you listen to the words they say something like don't go chasing waterfalls when you know all you can get is rivers or streams. They influenced people to not try and be susceful in my opinion. And i believe it worked. Slaves and animals having tattoo's existed maybe forever. But wealthy people getting them further back i think did not and is just propaganda. I mean if a newspaper says they find a living caveman from 1000 bc but they can't show him to anyone does that make a true. Maybe they even show you a photo.

Well if you know the better ways don't share them with anyone unless you want them used. And yes i know the better population control methods which are already beeing used.

Old 10-04-2016, 09:29 PM   #4
Sentient Treacle
Foxy lady.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr777 View Post
Lets say you get a tattoo on your arm of your favorite movie star. Then 5 years later you have kids and notice them watching a movie on tv is in. Its the actors newest movie just released so your excited also. Any way after the movie is over you are shocked to find out how bad that actor is or maybe the actor is promoting something really bad in the movie.
Then the next day comes and you go to work and this tattoo you have is rather large. Your supervisor at works ask to talk to you and tells you, I'm sorry but i have to let you go. Its because i'm receiving to many complaints about that tattoo you have.
Had this exact problem with my Adam Sandler backpiece =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr777 View Post
You might remember the song watefalls by the 4 women singers. It was a really huge hit and still is. But if you listen to the words they say something like don't go chasing waterfalls when you know all you can get is rivers or streams. They influenced people to not try and be susceful in my opinion. And i believe it worked.
There were in fact only 3 members of TLC, but maybe they just influenced me to believe that.

Oh god I want to hear you say,
I want to hear you say that you were wrong again

This is the first thing
I have understood:
Time is the echo of an axe
Within a wood.

Sentient Treacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 10:32 PM   #5
Leo Pard
Flem Fatale

I am currently:

I have a rather large tattoo of Robert Downey Junior as Sherlock on my arm. He is beautiful. He will always be beautiful. I will never not like his beautiful face.

The world is just illusion always trying to change me.
You will find wonder wherever you can, and spread joy whenever you are able.

I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, divide within me. - Frankenstein.

Leo Pard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 11:38 PM   #6
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

Also I am confused about being fired from a job simply because you have a tattoo. I am pretty sure in the UK it would be classified as wrongful dismissal. Therefore the company in question is liable to get sued.

I can't speak about other countries though.

I agree with Jenna most people get their tattoos as a symbol to mean something. There's the odd person who doesn't but they're in the minority.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 09:46 AM   #7
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

I don't believe in conspiracy theories. OP is making some strange leaps of logic that I don't follow.

I have tattoos and I love mine. I get them for a mixture of reasons- usually I think to myself about a design I'd like. I search online for things that are similar to what I had in mind so I can show my tattoo artist. I tell her about the changes I want, then she uses the images for inspiration and designs something in her own style from scratch. Sometimes I get a tattoo to mark a certain event/point in my life.

I have a large, visible tattoo on my arm and I have not been fired for it. In this day and age employers should be (and are starting to be) more accepting of tattoos.

And my tattoo artist DOES tell me if she thinks my tattoo idea/placement is not the best and we talk about how to make it better. She won't just tattoo regardless because the tattoo basically advertises her work. If she did crap tattoos on everyone then no-one would go back to her. When she tattoos me I post a picture on social media with her name tagged, so everyone will see it.

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 01:49 PM   #8
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
I've re-read your initial post, and reply, and still feel you are drawing meanings from things which are barely connected, if at all.

Tattoos, pink clothes, free baseball caps, mortgages, songs about being realistic, cavemen, advertising, propaganda, barcodes, slavery, body modification, population control...
I don't mean to be harsh but is it possible that they are psychotic? That may explain their outlandish theories. I know that I have posted some strange things whilst psychotic.

Either that or they are a troll.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 04:32 PM   #9
jr777

I just wanted to respond to a few things i seen in response to my post. One of you said all of your tattoo's have meaning to you and thats why you get them.
And that is 100% correct. If i go to the store and shop for clothing, I'm also going to by things i think look good to me. I realize many of you are from europe and not the usa. And the pink clothing may not be popular in europe. My reason for bringing it up is simply all the cloths say pink on them in big lettering, and that seems to be the main reason most women wear them now.
I'll give you another example of simple advertisement. Lets say your friend goes and see's a movie. After the movie they tell you wow that movie was awsome. So you go and see the movie based on what they said of course. The only point to this is we do things based on what others are doing. Ask yourself this how many people had tattoo's in the 1980's compared to now.
And i think i forgot to point out earlier you can also get paid to get advertisement tattoo's now.

Old 11-04-2016, 04:51 PM   #10
whirlpools

Although I don't agree with your concerns about tattoos, I relate to a wider sense that we live increasingly in a 'surveillance society'. I've definitely seen, over the years, a marked increase in the number of people who are expressing anxieties about feeling intruded upon and under the microscope, and I think there's certainly some truth in that as part of a wider perspective.

I also agree that the public are seen as 'consumers' and that there's absolutely a degree of 'manipulation' in the way we're conditioned to do things.

whirlpools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 04:56 PM   #11
DeadRoses
Daydreamer

I am currently:

I don't really agree with tattoos that much, like it's kind of weird to have them EVERYWHERE but I have nothing against people with them... I'm only thirteen but in the future I've thought about maybe getting a very small tattoo hidden somewhere, just for me... I don't know why so many people get tattoos now, I guess it's just what they want to do. I don't see where it's that big of a issue.

I fell in love with you because you loved me when I couldn't love myself

DeadRoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 10:36 PM   #12
Isoverity

I am currently:

After a lot of the tattoos I've seen I think barcodes would be an improvement lol. No need for codes to control economy though. There is a well documented move for govs to scale down cash transactions and use phones, cards etc. Spending by individuals used to be private but gov has been using "consumer protection" entities to monitor what people buy, how much the spend etc.

Even "Smart" televisions now collect data on users along with phones. They even collect what people say. I think people have been very lazy about letting their habits, finances, health records, communications etc. just get absorbed and recorded in dozens and dozens of ways that people wouldn't have allowed in the past.

As for tats - I've seen more that I like than before (including one here lol). Don't think I would get one though because I end up tired of everything.

Samsung's voice-recording smart TVs breach privacy law, campaigners claim

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...paigners-claim

"Not all those who wander are lost" Tolkien

Isoverity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 12:07 PM   #13
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

I'm not sure that THAT many more people have tattoos now compared to the 1980s. What has changed since then though is the internet becoming available to the general public and the explosion of social media and television channels- going from 3 to the thousands we have now thanks to satellite and cable TV services and also more recently online streaming services like netflix and amazon. What this means is probably a thousandfold more chances of seeing a tatooed person on TV, online, advertising, films etc whereas in the 1980s the globe was less connected. If you saw a tattooed person it was probably only in person where you live/work and that was it.

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2016, 11:31 AM   #14
nowhereman

I am currently:

I think it's just that tattoos have become less taboo so people aren't as afraid of being judged for having them. Of course there always trends in anything and everything, and people always have and always will try things that have been recommended by others. In the case of tattoos which are permanent they'd want to have a better reason and actually want one themselves. Also perhaps so many people have them simply because they want to have them. Not a huge deal. I respect that op doesn't agree with them personally, but you say you don't mind others having them yet take the time to write and post this which kind of contradicts yourself. I have never known anyone with tattoos to judge anyone who chooses not to have them, just saying. I agree it's not harming anyone else so not sure why others would worry about someone else's body choices. I also wondered if op may be psychotic with such theories, not judging that though if they are. I have never gotten that impression from the tlc song or heard of anyone else having done so, let alone being influenced by it. It's a nice song, that's all. I would be more than happy to be barcoded if that meant I could get stuff free. Also, where does one get paid to have advertisement tattoos? I would love that. Even if that were a thing, so long as people weren't made get them against their will, then I don't see the problem. People pay to advertise all sorts of things, like on clothes as you said, even on shop bags.

Ps. My impression from that song was always that she (well they) was trying to tell some guy to stick with her rather than go looking for someone else. I don't see why anyone would ever try to stop someone from becoming successful unless they had some strange personal reason, but in general terms no. Tlc themselves would never have become successful by taking their own advice (well as seen by you) You might just be overthinking things. It's good to think but I would suggest being careful as overthinking can lead to bad things. Just saying for your own sake. And also, on your song message again, sometimes people ruin their own lives by chasing and focusing on impossible dreams and nothing else. I speak from experience. It's always good to dream and try achieve those dreams, but reality needs to be taken into consideration too. Not all dreams pay the bills and not all dreams are meant to be. Sometimes we can achieve them on a smaller scale though and have to be happy with that. I'm not in any way trying to discourage anyone from achieving theirs, just warning not to throw your life away on it. That's all.

Oh and cookies for one example track everything you do on the internet. Survellience is everywhere, it may feel invasive at times but it can be needed to keep us safe at times too. There's not too much we can do to stop it from happening so try not to get to worried about it.

I have heard of people being refused tattoos by artists, as the artist had concerns about placement etc, for example there are certain areas most artists wouldn't tattoo someone unless they already had tattoos in the same area, as they fear the effects it may lead to the person having (such as on their face and how they may be treated as a result) It's an ethical thing that any good artist would consider such things. Including the possibility of one being fired as a result. Which would be discrimination though I'm sure it happens and that's for each person to consider also with regards to their own career choice. A lot of thinking should be done before doing something so permanent for sure. But we should all be allowed make our own choices.

People are judged and discriminated against for self harming, even after they have stopped because scars can be permanent too. And yet here we all are on a self harm site so...you know.

There is always a risk you may come to hate your tattoos, but that's again something that needs to be considered beforehand. There is tattoo removal nowadays though it's more expensive and painful that tattoos, it's also usually possible to cover a tattoo with another design and hide the first one. For me, I decided that even if I do ever come to hate any of mine or what inspired them, I will see it as something that was once important to me and so a part of my history still. Mistakes happen, in every aspect of life. It's how you deal with them that counts more. People can hate all things about their bodies. My tattoos are for me, not anyone else, so if I can live with ever having one I no longer like, then it doesn't bother me what anyone else may think of it. Unless it's just a badly done tattoo or it's actually offensive or something, then it shouldn't be that big a deal. People regret far worse things...

Last edited by nowhereman : 25-04-2016 at 11:56 AM.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)