RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 16-09-2019, 09:27 PM   #21
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

I pretty much agree with Camden. I would potentially just speak to the private therapist first though if that's an option? They will be able to let you know if it's going to be possible and helpful to do both at once and if not, help you decide which you should go for. I just worry that an NHS person might be quick to discharge you if they know you're doing private therapy and then if you decide that CBT is what you need you'd be back to bottom of the waiting list, hence suggesting that you talk to the private person first, if that makes sense?

Continued love and standing ovations for your proactive approach to getting the right help :)

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 01:28 PM   #22
Moonlight Princess
Never forgetting to be awesome

I am currently:

Thanks guys, you've really eased a lot of my worries about this. Just with timings I'm seeing my private therapist first so I'll be able to speak to her first.

Thank you Jenna :) I hope you're both well.

You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you wish to make.

Moonlight Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2019, 12:07 AM   #23
Moonlight Princess

I am currently:

I was doing a Masters and dropped out because of MH reasons and my friends from there got their final results today so it's been a bit of a tough day.

You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you wish to make.

Old 25-09-2019, 01:57 AM   #24
Auror.
Camden

That is really hard. I hope you can be kind to yourself as you process your feelings. <3

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2019, 11:35 AM   #25
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

I can relate to that, please be gentle with yourself. How have you been managing with your day?

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2019, 07:29 PM   #26
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

Oh I'm sorry, that must be tough. It's totally OK to have feelings about that and to need to vent them. We're here if you want to talk about it <3

Old 25-09-2019, 08:58 PM   #27
Moonlight Princess

I am currently:

Thank you guys. It meant a lot to be able to read those comments. I was still able to get on with stuff yesterday but was a bit tearful at points. My friends have all done amazingly and I sent them a supportive message because I'm so proud but I wish it was was me too and I just wonder if I will have moments like that ever because I haven't had them. And I just wonder if something's wrong with me and I'm not allowed to have experiences like that.

Old 27-09-2019, 11:40 AM   #28
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Just because you haven't had those experiences yet it doesn't mean that you never will, but I understand your feelings. It's really nice that you are able to be supportive of your friends while you are feeling this way. How have you been over the past couple of days?

Old 28-09-2019, 12:11 PM   #29
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

You're such a lovely person to be able to send them a supportive message despite all the feelings you were experiencing.

It didn't work out this time but you are smart and funny and kind and hardworking and that means there'll be plenty of 'next times' for you to be sharing in those experiences.

How are you getting on now?

Old 04-10-2019, 09:00 AM   #30
Moonlight Princess

I am currently:

Thank you Jenna and Lindsay, those are such sweet messages. Okay *deep breath* I applied for, and got into another Masters which will start soon and I don't know how I feel about that now. I'm veering between thinking that actually I'm giving myself the best chance possible as I've got support in place, to thinking this is the most stupid idea imaginable.

Old 04-10-2019, 09:20 AM   #31
chinahorse

I am currently:

Not many words but thinking of you.
Things can be different if you have support in place.

Given enough tea I could rule the world.

chinahorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 09:52 AM   #32
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Those are very natural feelings, I remember them well when I was accepted into a masters. Try and take things as they come, as Lillie said things can be much better with support in place. I hope everything goes ok.

Old 05-10-2019, 04:51 PM   #33
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

Yay! Well done for applying and getting in :) It's not a stupid idea at all. This is something you want to do and you DESERVE to have aspirations and to do things that you want to do. I really hope it will work out for you this time and I'm confident that it will- this time you're armed with a lot more insight into your mentalz and can work with your counsellor (and friends!) to keep an eye on things and intervene early if you do start getting unwell again.

Old 17-10-2019, 01:02 AM   #34
Moonlight Princess

I am currently:

Thank you guys, I've started my Masters this week and long story short there was a mix up with my enrollment which means I missed two weeks so had to catch up on several lectures. I've caught up okay though and doing it via distance learning is reducing the stress I would normally feel I think.

I have to fill in a CBT diagram with thoughts, feelings, sensations and behaviour about a distressing situation and I can't remember anything. Is it acceptable to turn up to therapy with nothing?

Old 17-10-2019, 10:34 AM   #35
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Oh wow, you are amazing to be able to catch up with 2 weeks of work. I'm glad things are going ok and you're feeling less stressed.

If you can't remember anything for your CBT diagram then you can't just make something up so going with nothing is better. Maybe you can talk about how to keep better track of things, like completing the CBT diagram as in the moment as is possible. I hope you get on alright.

Old 20-10-2019, 12:07 PM   #36
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

I hope therapy went OK; and I think therapist should understand when you haven't managed a task because you can't remember something.

And well done on catching up; I hope the course continues to go well =D

Old 02-11-2019, 10:25 PM   #37
Darkwings44
*super hugs you all*

I am currently:

I hope you know that you are not alone <3

Darkwings44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 08:18 PM   #38
Moonlight Princess

I am currently:

Counselling is getting a little difficult. A couple of weeks ago I thought about ending it and she said she fully supported that if that was what I wanted to but she suggested that I might have felt scared about a realisation that I wasn't prepared for and that we kind of worked out together that I'm scared of feeling things and that's why I get scared and end things. I think there's something in that to be fair but I'm still so close to ending out of probably fear even though I don't think I want to. I think I'd rather be there.

Old 13-12-2019, 09:58 AM   #39
tamobhuuta

It sounds like you are finding counselling helpful and want to carry on, but are scared? If that's the case I would carry on and work through the fear with your counsellor.

Ying tong iddle ai po!

tamobhuuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2019, 10:18 AM   #40
Moonlight Princess

I am currently:

Yeah that's basically it Miriam. We're trying to work through it but unless she explicitly says 'stay in counselling' I feel like I'm going to bail and run. That's what I always do.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)