RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 26-09-2007, 10:14 PM   #1
ickle-duckling
twisted logic

I am currently:
BMI/Numbers/Weight Triggers - Got triggered at the gym

I just went to the gym this evening for a couple of hours, but I got so triggered and I really just wondered if anyone had any advice for it, really.

I was on the cross-trainer thing and there was this tiny girl in front of me - she had really angular shoulders and she was tiny skinny, and was pumping away on the thing - and I could see the calorie counter and it was just going through the roof. She did one programme and then when she finished it she started a new one, and then she went onto the treadmill - she must have burnt in the region of 2000 calories I think. And it just made me feel so huge, and so disgusting, and as horrible as it sounds I just wanted to look like her - to be that tiny, and that fit, and not be all fat and disgusting and stuff. It made me do a much harder workout than I was planning to although I still feel fine and not too exhausted - so physically it was fine but emotionally it really knocked me, which is hard especially when a) I've been making a real effort lately to eat sensibly - lots of veg and stuff, and b) I've been really struggling lately with my self esteem due to taking a big knock emotionally that really made me badly depressed.

I'm not really sure of the point of this thread, but any advice or just a kind of "yeah I've done that too" would be really appreciated - thanks :)

Em x

change
everything you are
and everything you were

ickle-duckling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 10:17 PM   #2
InsufficientFunds
Je t'aime

I am currently:

*hugs*
Its happened to me too sweetpea, i think its only natural to envy someone else. But please try not to let it bring you down, you are too strong for something like that honey. Sorry I'm not much help, just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you.
Be safe - Keep strong xx
Paige<33

Hey man, now you're really living.

InsufficientFunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 10:19 PM   #3
~Emilie~
--->FAT<---

I am currently:

Aww, Em. *hugs* It is natural to compare yourself to other people around you - we all do it. I am often looking at people and wishing to look like them. I know it's hard but I guess we just need to try and be happy as we are, and the sooner we do that, the happier we will be. I understand that this was hard for you, especially s it made you feel as you described. Well done for trying to eat sensibly though, that's really a step in the right direction. (:

mail me anytime,
Loads'a love,
Emilie
xxx

<3 Emilie <3

~Emilie~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 10:30 PM   #4
UnanimousAnonymous

I am currently:

*hugs Em*
Im sorry i dont have any advice or anything but i just want to echo what the others have said, we all compare ourselves to other people but we will never be exactly like them. I've met you once i think and you are gorgeous. You are not disgusting but i understand you feel you are. I just want you to know i read and i care, i hope you feel better soon.
Lots of love
Gemz
.x.

Through the dark, a strand of light, the light continued to get bright, with it came the strength to fight (Gem)

UnanimousAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 10:37 PM   #5
ickle-duckling
twisted logic

I am currently:

Thank you guys :)

In theory it should be fine, because she's probably eating loads and stuff to balance out how much she exercises (she didn't look ill, just tiny). And I burnt about 450 cals at the gym and only ate about 650 plus veg today, so in theory I should be fine and it's not at all the same. But just arg.

change
everything you are
and everything you were

Old 27-09-2007, 03:24 AM   #6
risenfromperdition
you are loved and beautiful :)

*cuddles em*
i can relate but dont really have any advice. love you
<3

“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

risenfromperdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2007, 10:19 AM   #7
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

*holds*

Hun, i know what that’s like and yes it sucks.
But as you said yourself she didn’t look ill, but the thing is you are ill sweetie and your doing such an amazing job at getting better I’m so proud of you. Try not to let this knock you back completely you don’t deserve that at all. Why not write a list of reasons why you want to be healthy and well again, then when you go to the gym next take it along with you, if you see someone like her, get it out and have a little read.
take care
your beautiful.

xx <3 helen

EyelinerAndCigarettes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2007, 11:29 AM   #8
Harmless_Baby

I am currently:

Hun, I remembers meeting you ickle-ducklin back some time ago, your pretty! Your slim! I envyed you, i looked at you... an wished i were your size. Your tiny.
Im sorry to hear such thing had triggered you, I wish it hadn't, cos you don't need this at this moment in time!
Just cos she's working so solidly on her body, making it smaller & smaller.. you know how ill she's gonna get, how poorly she'll be! even if she is eating tons of food, and burning most of it off, her inside's isn't gonna work probley, are they! remember, they need space.. organs aren't that small.. then you need space for your bones then over that is muscle, then your skin - so just try and picture all that on her, then look at you!.. youre gonna last longer than her!

Harmless_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2007, 02:27 PM   #9
A.wasmyfirstlove

I am currently:

Hey, Well there really isn’t any help. Going to the gym can be very triggering.. Going the store could even be triggering. Going to a restraint, school, shopping.. Soooo many places can be very triggering. Expecially the gym…. Be careful hun.. If you don’t want to be triggered then stay away from the gym. However, Im sure you have a membership and don’t want to waste that. Just becareful hun
Im here

The difficulties and struggles of today are
but the price we must pay for the accomplishments
and victories of tomorrow

A.wasmyfirstlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2007, 03:39 PM   #10
browneyedgal

I am currently:

*Huge Hugs*

I feel for u hun & i totally understand, i get triggered like that. But darling u need to remember that you are a lovely, beautiful person & no-one can take that away from u.

Loads of love & kisses

~*~ Luv Shrina ~*~

browneyedgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2007, 04:26 PM   #11
ickle-duckling
twisted logic

I am currently:

Cheers for your replies guys :)

I just got back from another 2 hour session at the gym (addicted, much?) which was actually better because it was during the day and there were less people there. Vee, I'm gonna take your advice and go to a class tomorrow, and see how that goes as well - I got a free 7 day membership thing hence why I've been going a lot but as I'm joining at uni as well it's gonna be something I need to learn to deal with, I think.

I'm not usually too bad with getting triggered but this time just really 'got' me, you know? Ah well, sh!te happens.

Cheers again,
Em x

change
everything you are
and everything you were

Old 27-09-2007, 04:34 PM   #12
Psiren
Apathetic without the 'A'

I am currently:

*cuddles*
I know how it feels sweetheart. I don't go the gym, but in PE last year I was always looking at other people and thinking the same things.
Take care and try not to overdo it at the gym <3

Psiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2007, 06:41 PM   #13
IntrovertedKindaSoul
*Sarah*

I am currently:

Yeah you dont know peoples situations when they go home. Maybe she knows shes tiny and maybe she drinking those build up drinks and just working out so she gains muscle weight ....who knows ?! It is really hard not to compare yourself to other people i know but just try and remember everyones body is different and you only see these people for about an hour a day and you never know what goes on or what she eats at home...
Take care xx

' With hindsight I was more than blind, lost without a clue
Thought I was getting carat gold and what I got was you
Stuck inside the circumstances lonely at the top
I've always been an introvert happily bleeding. '

IntrovertedKindaSoul is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)