RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 22-12-2013, 03:41 AM   #1
minapatel08

I am currently:
The Depression thread

Hi, I have quite severe depression and I'd like to ask if anyone else has a form of it and what helps you in your difficult moments.

I've been told to be more selfish about my wants, but that just feels too selfish for me - oh the irony...

minapatel08 is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 24-12-2013, 04:34 PM   #2
Unbreakable.
We can try. We can always try.

I am currently:

Hi there :)

A lot of people on here suffer from depression too.
They get support for it by e.g. seeing a counsellor or a therapist, some people also see a psych who prescribes them meds that help.

Have you talked to your doctor about how you feel? It is pretty hard to deal with it all by yourself.

the sun

the moon

the truth

Unbreakable. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2013, 11:54 AM   #3
~SuNsHiNe~

I am currently:

As The Impossible Girl said, it's helpful to have some external support such as a counsellor or psychologist that you can talk to. I know personally I have found a number of lifestyle changes have made a difference (ensuring I exercise regularly, eating healthily, journalling, relaxing, getting plenty of (but not too much!) sleep, trying to be around people when up to it) so I try to make sure I keep all those things up, as I feel it when I don't. I think it's a matter of finding what works for u thru trial and error, then trying to keep putting those things into practice. Good luck with it, hope you feel better soon. PM me if you want to chat more:)

"just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it turned into a beautiful butterfly..."

~SuNsHiNe~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2013, 11:16 PM   #4
cloudedmind

I am currently:

Hi there,
You say people have said to be more selfish with your wants - I used to think this was selfish too, but now I've learned that it's definitely a good thing to have boundaries. To recognise you're responsible for yourself and not for others, and learn where you need space and where you don't etc. It's a good thing definitely because you can be the best you, meaning it affects others in a positive way too :)

cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2013, 10:30 AM   #5
Alice InWonderland
Broken beyond repair

I am currently:

Hey there.
I was recently diagnosed with depression so if you want a chat then feel free to PM me :)

Fall seven times, stand up eight.

Alice InWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)