RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 19-10-2014, 06:08 AM   #1
youonlyliveonce

Was bitten by hugs when playing netball

Hi I wad playing netball in August outside and was bitten quite a few times by bugs happens a lot well they still haven't healed I have been picking them on and off however around the area there is patches of raised red skin it's really dry and itchy
Sorry I'm not very good at explaining if I can send someone a photo if they font understand my explanation

I am very overweight
Suffer from psoriasis n eczema
And on some anti d anti psychotic n melatonin

Do I need to g doctors

Thanks Cheryl

Old 19-10-2014, 09:35 PM   #2
Leo Pard
Flem Fatale

I am currently:

Could be a psoriasis flare up as it tends to attack broken skin. Definitely try to stop picking them, which should help and is most likely the cause of it not going away yet.
Get it checked out by your practise nurse at the GP if it doesn't look like it's going down in a day or two.

The world is just illusion always trying to change me.
You will find wonder wherever you can, and spread joy whenever you are able.

I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, divide within me. - Frankenstein.

Old 19-10-2014, 09:36 PM   #3
youonlyliveonce

Thanks iv only had psoriasis on my scalp before so I'm bit unsure but might get it checked

Old 19-10-2014, 11:09 PM   #4
Sneckie
RYL First Aid Advisor

I am currently:

You could also speak to a pharmacist they are really knowledgable about stuff like this and could save you having to make an appointment initially. Hope you get things sorted

Many of us spend our whole lives running from feeling with the mistaken belief that you cannot bear the pain. But you have already borne the pain. What you have not done is feel all you are beyond that pain."

Kahlil Gibran

Old 20-10-2014, 07:25 AM   #5
Animad

To be honest, given you have psoriasis, I would agree that the raised dry and itchy skin may be associated with that. The skin over bites often tends to be moist rather than dry due to the fact it tends to ooze. Stop picking at the scabs as that will just make it take longer for them to heal, keep the area covered if possible so you don't keep getting bitten and use moisturisers on it which may also decrease the itch. If, over the next few days, it doesn't start to go back to normal then at that point it may be worth seeing a nurse.

You can PM me pics if you want but this sort of thing can be hard to show on photos a lot of the time but if you think it shows up well then go ahead.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)