RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-04-2016, 04:35 AM   #1
defyingravity

I am currently:
struggling tonight

Hi,

I am a 20 year old college student (and newbie here to RYL). For a few years in high school I resorted to self-harm when I was stressed, upset, or felt like I was being a bad sister/daughter/friend. I haven't hurt myself in almost four years, but recently it's been getting harder and harder to push away the thoughts.

Recently my best friend was diagnosed with anxiety. I have always been there for her and she has always been there for me (she was the first person I ever told that I used to hurt myself and is my only friend who knows). But recently she stopped trying to help me. I haven't been able to tell her how hard it is getting for me because I am afraid that it will seem like I am trying to "steal her thunder" because she is struggling with other things, but I now feel like I don't have anyone who is there for me. I try to talk to her and she immediately makes it about her, then tells me I am overreacting when I am still struggling once I am done helping her (which I know is true, but that's the problem).

Any advice on how to be emotionally stable and available to help her without it hurting me in the process??

Thank you<3

defyingravity is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 13-04-2016, 01:23 PM   #2
Uglyducklin

I am currently:

Hi I'm so sorry that you are struggling and your friend is too. Please try to focus on yourself . We all have different struggles you matter as much as your friend. Sorry if this doesn't make sense but I'm low on words but thinking of you xx

Uglyducklin is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)