RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2010, 11:11 PM   #1
amethyst

Relapse for no reason.

Getting really strong urges to go back into old habits. I wouldn't really be relapsing because I never properly recovered but I just feel I need to lose weight which is really illogical because I know I don't but this is a signal to me that the ED is talking.

I'm actually pretty happy at the moment, probably my happiest in nearly three years so it makes no sense why I would want to hurt myself all over again but I'm just feeling a little empty; I don't SI anymore, I'm stopping drinking and the ED isn't really there either. I don't want to relapse but maybe I have been so used to abusing myself that maybe my mind thinks its natural.

I guess I just need to tell someone how I feel as I have nobody I can really talk to about this and some kind words would be nice.

Thanks guys xx

Old 03-09-2010, 03:06 PM   #2
over the rainbow

I am currently:

hi love.
i am in the same position myself.im happy with my life right now and excited about starting college,but i still have the need to loose weight.
i know what you mean.its like hurting yourself,like you said,becomes natural.
im sorry i dont have much advice as im feeling the same and dont know how to explain it.
i guess all i can advise is to try to listen to yourself and treat yourself kindly.
take care.

over the rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:54 PM   #3
Behind the Smile
a single step.

I am currently:

I understand this. I guess it's just the idea of self abuse that's been with you for so long. Keep reminding yourself that it's not 'natural' and you've come so far. It's really great that you're so happy right now and I really hope it carries on for you.

Take care <3

If we fall,
we don't need self recrimination or blame or anger -
we need a reawakening of our intention
and a willingness to re-commit,
to be whole hearted once again.

Behind the Smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:09 PM   #4
amethyst

Quote:
hi love.
i am in the same position myself.im happy with my life right now and excited about starting college,but i still have the need to loose weight.
i know what you mean.its like hurting yourself,like you said,becomes natural.
im sorry i dont have much advice as im feeling the same and dont know how to explain it.
i guess all i can advise is to try to listen to yourself and treat yourself kindly.
take care.
I'm just about to start college as well soon :) It's nice to know that i'm not alone so if you ever want to chat I will be happy to support you. Thanks for the reply.

Quote:
I understand this. I guess it's just the idea of self abuse that's been with you for so long. Keep reminding yourself that it's not 'natural' and you've come so far. It's really great that you're so happy right now and I really hope it carries on for you.

Take care <3
Thanks, I will remember what you have said :)

Sophie.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)