RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-04-2013, 05:30 PM   #1
spanner4000

I am currently:
Hello, help me please *trig-ey* ?

Hai!

Im really struggling guys, all I think about is SH an I did it last night an felt bettet but all I want to do is more an more (*trig*) I SH my wrist an its so messed up I cant do it there anymore, what I really want to do is my arm (crazy person alert!) I physically shake whenever I think about it for fear of doing it. I dont have anyone to talk to about it as I dont want to harm my only mate that knows as that person is havng troble themself. Ive seen a counciler a few times through my collage an I want her advise about things but Its easter an I cant see her till next tusday :(

So any critisisms/posatives would be great :)

Thanks guys xxx

spanner4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Hugs Given By :
Old 01-04-2013, 07:29 PM   #2
Louise
A Ray of Hope

I am currently:

Hiya! I am sorry that you are struggling right, did your councilor give you any good advise on how to cope with the way you are feeling? Are you able to talk to us what triggers those feelings?

We are here for you so please keep talking to us or I am only a PM away.

“Never lose faith in yourself,
and never lose hope;
remember, even when this world throws its worst and then turns its back,
there is still always hope.”

Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:35 PM   #3
freakangel
Michelle

I am currently:

Hello. I am sorry to hear that you are struggling so at the moment it must be hard. I can understand your hesitation and shakiness about SHing in a new place and you know what it probably is a good sign, one that you do not want to hurt your body further at least in new ways. I'm sorry that the friend you have is struggling at the moment too, that must be hard not feeling you can take to them about your problems and what is going on. Do you think you could talk to your parents about it? They may be able to help to an extent. Also I think seeing the counselor is a good idea it is unfortunate you can't see him/her for a week. Until then could you try to write out your emotions? Also if things get bad there are crisis lines if you need to talk to somebody: and although I may not be much help I am here as well. I'm sorry things aren't going so well at the moment but they will get better. Continue to be strong and take care, if you need anything do not hesitate to ask.

Is there some meaning to this life?What purpose lies behind the strife?
Whence do we come, where are we bound? These cold questions echo and resound through each day, each lonely night.
We long to find the splendid light that will cast a revelatory beam
upon the meaning of the human dream.

If you ever need anything I am only a message away

freakangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:57 PM   #4
spanner4000

I am currently:

hey guys thanks for the support :)

haven't spoken to my councilor about support, only saw her once :)

freak angel, had to read that a few times, looked like you were saying SH was a good thing lol :)

I'm coping at the moment :)
smoking my pipe and drinking copious amounts of vodka and coke :P

Old 02-04-2013, 12:53 AM   #5
PassedExpectations
a mirror that reflects it

I am currently:

how are you doing now?

when you see your counselor again, talking about this might be a good thing to do.

try to remember that smoking and drinking aren't particularly healthy ways to deal with things either, eventually you'll probably want to work yourself away from relying on those too

this is my magical medicine cabinet. Left to right they contain: courage, hope, calmness, and strength.

The magical part: They NEVER run out, so borrow some any time you want.

PM me anytime, I love getting messages :)
Katie

PassedExpectations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:06 PM   #6
spanner4000

I am currently:

Thanks PassedExpectations, I'm doing alright today

Yea I look forward to seeing her, but I already know if I tell her anything then she may want to tell the appropriate people (my parents, my collage, hospital/doctor)she did say she trusted me an thought I was responsible enough to look after myself, but I've obviously proved her wrong.

This is going to sound (can't think how to explain it) weird, but I don't relay on smoking and drinking as a coping method, in fact I don't do either very often, I only really drink when I'm out with mates and I only fancy a smoke because I've had a drink. Kinda a vicious circle
Although last night I probably did more of both than I should of

Old 02-04-2013, 07:49 PM   #7
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

I am glad you are doing better today. Do you think it would be so bad if your parents or others knew they things you'd like to tell her? At least they'd know, and secrets have a way of working themselves out in the end.

Last night sounds difficult. Do you think it will happen again or was it a once off?

It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

talaiporia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:23 AM   #8
spanner4000

I am currently:

I don't know, I keep thinking of telling my parent, but I think Im going to wait until Ive seen my councelor, see what she thinks.
My only fear is that I'll up-set them. What if they ask why Im like this? Why I do this to myself? I don't know myself, its not like something really bad happened to me when I was young or anything, there were some things but probably no more than what anyone else puts up with!

No, I can probably gurantee it will happen again -_-

Old 03-04-2013, 07:37 PM   #9
PassedExpectations
a mirror that reflects it

I am currently:

i had similar fears... i didn't want to let my parents down, and felt like nothing had happened to me that gave me the right to be struggling... but struggle is struggle, regardless of what causes it. everyone is different, and anxiety, depression and such don't have to be caused by anything. they just happen sometimes, and it isn't your fault...

this is my magical medicine cabinet. Left to right they contain: courage, hope, calmness, and strength.

The magical part: They NEVER run out, so borrow some any time you want.

PM me anytime, I love getting messages :)
Katie

PassedExpectations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:46 PM   #10
spanner4000

I am currently:

This is my problem, I want to tell them so (hopefully) they'll give me support, my dad had some severe depression when I was very young and again when I was 14-15, so they will be understanding, hopefully. I feel like I've let them down, I'm bi-sexual/gay (A phase, lol), I haven't told them but they have said to me an my other siblings if any of us are then they wouldn't mind, but on the other hand, they really want grand kids and have told me that before. So basically I would be letting them down if I ever told them, same goes for bloody everything else!

Okay, what your saying makes sense, but how can someone see it as not their fault? If you SI then it's usually because you want to, okay sometimes you do it through a "red haze" but it's still you "at the wheel!"

Old 03-04-2013, 11:47 PM   #11
spanner4000

I am currently:

I swear to God, if I didn't have collage or my new job, I would quite happily spend most of the day getting drunk, smoking an SI'ing.

Old 03-04-2013, 11:56 PM   #12
spanner4000

I am currently:

Okay. Now I realize how stupid it was to say all that, aaaannnnnddddd how crazy I now sound..

Old 04-04-2013, 12:46 AM   #13
Chrissy9310

I am currently:

Hey are you on medication? That might help your anxiety a little. And as for the gay thing. You shouldn't have to worry about what anyone else thinks about it apart from you. It's your life and it's the way you are - you can't help it.

Chrissy9310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:59 AM   #14
spanner4000

I am currently:

No Im not, I'll try an speak to my councelor about that. An you may be right but Im always going to care about what they think of me, they are my parents after all.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)