RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-04-2016, 12:09 AM   #1
Alliethulhu
Chat Mod

I am currently:
Changes to chat rooms *users of chat please read*

Just wanted to announce an upcoming change to chat. The chat team has decided that chat would be better served with 3 rooms rather than 4, so in about a week rooms 2 and 3(mostly general and mostly serious) will be merged to create a mixed room where general and serious can take equal precedence. the rooms will be:
Room 1: completely general
Room 2: mixed room for either general or serious
Room 3: completely serious

If you have any questions or concerns, please post here or message me or sophia(Talaiporia)

Thanks everyone.

Alliethulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 12:12 AM   #2
#{null}
Member of the secret police

I've fully been behind the idea of a room where neither took priority in the past, as often "this conversation takes priority" has caused a load of drama.

#{null} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 07:17 AM   #3
eternitycure

I am currently:

cool :)

eternitycure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 08:43 AM   #4
Healing the Damage

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
As some people dislike coming into room 1 when it is busy, and as it is so seldom used, I was wondering if we should scrap the idea of "completely general" altogether, and call it something like "The Lobby: a place to enter chat, select a room, and sometimes use for light social conversation."? Then have room 2 as a mixed room, and room 3 as completely serious. I think that more closely reflects how chat has been used over the years.
I agree

"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Healing the Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 05:15 PM   #5
d.rocky

I am currently:

Yeah, what Irene said.

Darkest night, daylight suppressor

d.rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 05:31 PM   #6
Kyaneos
Steph.

I am currently:

Quote:
As some people dislike coming into room 1 when it is busy, and as it is so seldom used, I was wondering if we should scrap the idea of "completely general" altogether, and call it something like "The Lobby: a place to enter chat, select a room, and sometimes use for light social conversation."? Then have room 2 as a mixed room, and room 3 as completely serious. I think that more closely reflects how chat has been used over the years.
Definitely agree.

Otherwise though, all sounds perfect :)

Kyaneos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2016, 03:46 PM   #7
squirrelspit

I am currently:

Quote:
some people are never happy.

squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2016, 02:14 AM   #8
Mareigha8

I totally agree

I'm just brand new on this site but I have gone into the chat rooms and you are so right. I'm finding it hard to chat with people who are just talking to one another about stuff that they only know. I feel like an outsider which is probably my own insecurities coming out. There are 3 chat rooms and there is only one with people chatting.

Mareigha8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)