RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 14-01-2010, 06:43 PM   #1
Yume.No.Chikara
silently screaming

I am currently:
Does anyone else know what I mean?....

I am a real worrier....I worry about everything and anything almost to the point of obsession. It has now got to the point that as I worry away my neck twitches and as a result I have been persuaded by the other half to go to the doctors.....another thing to worry about!

I've got my appointment on Monday and I am going to tell him/her about the twitch and the worrying but the other thing my other half wants me to tell him about is when my head goes all screamy as I put it......It feels like it is screaming and it is going to explode only it isn't voices or an actual noise I am hearing it is the idea/sensation of screaming. I've tried and tried to explain it to him but I can't make it make sense and so I don't know how to explain it to the doctor.....Its almost like when you have lots of things to do and then your brain goes into overload and you're like agrh and your brain just screams which i thought everyone got but apprently not.....and then sometimes i'll get these really big images too like a big black tree and I can't concentrate or do anything but sit/lie there with a screamy head!

Does anyone else get this/know what I mean and have a better way of explaining it?!

Thank you
x

5000 Children die everyday from dirty water

Yume.No.Chikara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 06:53 PM   #2
Wonderland.

Good on you for booking an appointment with the doctor as I know how hard just doing that can be when you worry about every last thing. I understand kind of what you mean, I get the whole feeling like my heads going to explode thing but thats more to do with hold my anger inside rather than to do with worrying. Maybe just print off what you have wrote down here, I think thats a decent enough explanation and if the doctor wants to know more or doesn't fully understand he or she will ask you questions.

Hope it goes okay with the doc.

Take care.
Amy x

'Cause I'll always remember you the same.
Oh eyes like wild flowers within demons of change ♥

Wonderland. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 08:13 PM   #3
melancholic_anicca

I am currently:

I have exactly the same thing regarding the twitches, only mine are normally whole body things where I kind of jerk wildly. I can feel them coming and I can control them for a while but restraining them means they come out much worse a few minutes later.

I'm really glad I read this as I was really concerned it was just me that had this problem.

Feel free to drop me a PM anytime fellow twitcher! :)

It is true that you may fool all of the people some of the time; you may even fool some of the people all of the time; but you cant fool all of the people all of the time - Abraham Lincoln

Life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think - La Bruyere

Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind then on outward circumstances - Benjamin Franklin

melancholic_anicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 08:37 PM   #4
Stellata

I get that scream feeling when I get stressed and overwhelmed, also when things around me feel/are out of my control and I'm in a panicked worrying hell.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 11:15 PM   #5
Yume.No.Chikara
silently screaming

I am currently:

Thank you for all your support and yey for my twitching buddy!! (I also get the whole body ones but not so often and have the same problem with trying not to twitch = worse later...infact that tends to be when i get the whole body ones!)

I guess I shall have to do my best at the doctors even if he thinks i'm a complete loony toon.....i'm soooo nervous I have never managed to go to the doctors about anything like this before i'm dreading it but at the same time I want to do it for my boy but the idea of it really does scare the sh1t out of me! Gah!

5000 Children die everyday from dirty water

Yume.No.Chikara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2010, 08:28 AM   #6
Stellata

Most doctors are understanding and caring. I hope it goes well for you.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 02:08 AM   #7
fireysnow

I am currently:

i have twitches...although when they first started (about 9months ago)the doctors thought i had tourettes cus my shoulders/head/neck was twitching none stop for about 3 days, (i was an inpatient) as my anxiety went down it slowly got better but i noticed as soon as it started id start worrying about it and that would make it worse, what i found helps is when i go through periods where its worse ive got one of those stress balls which i use whenever i feel the twitches coming

fireysnow is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)