RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2009, 05:49 PM   #1
Katiee
It's full of lonely.

I am currently:
Triggering (SI) - I actually don't think I'm ready?

Can I just make it clear that this post isn't at all in anway, shape or form 'pro self-harm'.

The following content has been hidden - Reason : Triggering

Well, today is my 72nd day clean. I've been thinking a lot for a while now... I'm starting to think I'm not ready to stop. Even though I've gone 72 days without self-harming I still can't imagine life without it. I'm thinking about going back to it, like seriously thinking about going back to it. I still need to think about this before I make my choice though. I'm scared I'll make the wrong choice though. Hmmm. Argh. It's been going around & around my head for ages now. I'll let you know what my choice is when I've made it. xo.

<3.

Katiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:02 PM   #2
Friday
kate

I am currently:

before you really consider starting again, try to remember why you stopped for those 72 days. those reasons should still mean something to you.

and from someone who hasn't worked up the courage/strength/whatever to even try to stop, you should be so proud of going so long without si.

Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:15 AM   #3
Tuesday

I wish I could offer some helpful advice or something but honestly I'm in the same place right now. I'm about 4 months free...but honestly I'm thinking about going back to it.

Tuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:11 AM   #4
ksdfjhlksajf

*HUGS*

I obviously can't tell you what to do, and it's YOUR choice, but before you do anything, just remember why you stopped in the first place, and how difficult that was. Would it be more difficult to start again and try to stop further down the line? I did that in a way, I slipped after 4 years and can't stop right now, even though I really want to.

Is there anyone you can talk to? A therapist/ counselor or someone?

Take care,
Amy

Thank you for all of your help and support. I will no longer be coming to RYL. Semi-explanation will be inside my profile.

ksdfjhlksajf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:34 AM   #5
Amanda77

I am currently:

i have to say that i did stop for 30 days(before that i was cutting everyday) and then i started again. It wasn't as good as I remembered it. I just wanted my life to be easier- the thing i forgot was that cutting only made my life worse not better. Don't let the wants take over your needs- you may want to cut but you need to be healthy and cutting isn't healthy.

I hope you can make the right choice. You've been very helpful to lots of people here- the reason you're here may not be a good one but i'm glad someone so kind is here for me and the other members.

“A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.”

Amanda77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)