RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 31-01-2009, 06:16 AM   #1
~AngelofLove~

I am currently:
I Fell

I was dancing and I went to jump over a chair, I didnt quite make it and fell on my back and hip.

I'm quite sore and I was just wondering what I could do. I really don't think anything is broken.

Member of SquishySquad

One Hug Given By:
Old 31-01-2009, 07:20 AM   #2
snowy_owl

I am currently:

Well, try taking a hot shower or bath, that might help. And try to have a good rest, but not while sitting/lying on the afflicted areas if you can manage it. An aspirin sounds like a good idea as well.

Other than that, I'm not sure much can be done. Sometimes things just have to bruise up. I hope you feel better soon!

"I asked the sun to tell me about the big bang. The sun said 'It hurts to become.'" -- Andrea Gibson, I Sing The Body Electric Especially When My Power Is Out

Old 31-01-2009, 10:56 AM   #3
Animad

It would probably be a good idea to take Ibuprofen rather than Aspirin and then only if you aren't taking any drugs of the same type and also if you don't have pblems with your stomach/ guts.

Keep resting nd don't do things that agitate it but also make sure you do get up and move around relatively frequently or it will stiffen up.

If it worsens at all or doesn't start to improve over the next day or two then you need to get it checked out. If you have any swelling, especially around your hip then Ice may help on that (Ice it for 15mins at a time and then leave it for an hour. Always have something damp like a towel between the ice and yourself).

Old 31-01-2009, 06:58 PM   #4
~AngelofLove~

I am currently:

I've taken Ibuprofen and it was like 2 hours ago... It didn't touch the pain, I cant take aspirin. I took a hot shower last night and it helped some, but like 10 minutes later I was in pain again.

Member of SquishySquad

Old 31-01-2009, 09:25 PM   #5
Animad

If it still hurts after the Ibuprofen you can also take Paracetamol/ acetaminophen (Tylenol) in between your doses of Ibuprofen to see if that helps with the pain. Then as one is wearing off you will still have coverage of the other. If you have any other medical conditions/ liver problems/ are taking other meds make sure you can take paracetamol first though; read the leaflet/ box of one or all of the tablets and it should say if they interact. Paracetamol is fine to take with Ibuprofen anyway.

Old 01-02-2009, 07:09 AM   #6
~AngelofLove~

I am currently:

I was showing my back to one of my friends and she felt bumps where my spine is sticking out. She then told me she felt a slight curve. I did not have a curve to my back before, cuz I showed my mom in Dec.

Is it possible that I have scoliosis from my fall

Member of SquishySquad

Old 01-02-2009, 09:34 AM   #7
Animad

Not really. You could if you had a lot of trauma to it but basically you wouldn't be able to move at all and it would've damaged your spinal cord.

Get it checked out by the doctor but what she may have felt was the normal S'shaped curve of your spine which causes your lower vertebra to stick out more than ones higher up. This can be increased by a condition known as lordosis. Scoliosis is a curvature to the side of the spine and usually caused during growth.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:13 PM   #8
~AngelofLove~

I am currently:

I talked to my friends mom who's a nurse. She said I bruised the inside of my back...

Member of SquishySquad

Old 03-02-2009, 08:40 PM   #9
~AngelofLove~

I am currently:

The pain is moving downward towards my tailbone and is very irritated. this would be okay if i didnt have to sit through 2-3 classes a day. Should I go see a dr or chiropractor? I almost ended up crying in one of my classes today...

Member of SquishySquad

Old 03-02-2009, 11:23 PM   #10
Casper_Fading
It's okay. I have a supersoaker.

I am currently:

Go to a doctor if it's getting worse.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

- Dr. Seuss

Old 04-02-2009, 12:02 AM   #11
Bitter_Angel
*First Aid Advisor*

I am currently:

If it is getting worse then it needs to be looked at to rule out any serious injury.

Eva. Gone, but never forgotten 27.3.10

Old 04-02-2009, 03:40 PM   #12
Animad

A doctor would be a better option than a chiropractor as they are more qualified to look at all the problems that could be causing this and thoroughly examine you. Tey then may advise you to see a chiropractor/ physio/ osteopath etc if they think it's necessary, refer you on to someone else or just get you to rest for a few days and see if it helps.

Old 04-02-2009, 03:45 PM   #13
~AngelofLove~

I am currently:

It's kinda hard to rest because I'm going to college at the moment, and I cant afford to miss any days...

Member of SquishySquad

Old 04-02-2009, 03:50 PM   #14
Animad

Try not to walk too far if that hurts and try to sit in a comfortable position if possible. Also, don't let it stiffen up so if it starts to get sore move around a bit. Also, something that I do is I often go and lie down for a bit when I get home from a day at college; I have severe back problems and am at uni full time and so I know the difficulties of resting it. Just try to keep the strain on it as down as possible and be careful if you need to lift things/ get someone else to do it.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:40 PM   #15
~AngelofLove~

I am currently:

Thanks. I'm not sure if I go to the Health Dept. (clinic) id 1) they can see me, 2) if they need to do xrays how much it will cost and if they can do them. I'm thinking of calling them and making an appt. for fri.

I have a 3 day rule about injuries if its better or not to get checked out... its been almost a week and I'm in a lot pain. Tylonel will take the edge off and ibuprofen doesn't take any of the pain away.... I thought about getting some rapid release pills that tylonel makes...

Member of SquishySquad

Old 05-02-2009, 01:34 AM   #16
Casper_Fading
It's okay. I have a supersoaker.

I am currently:

I think on the pkts of pain killers you should only take them for a max of two weeks or something like that if pain persists, see your doctor. Soooooooooo..... go see your doctor. I know it's not been 2 weeks but it's obvously causing you a great deal of pain. Ask them about x-rays and stuff when you call!

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

- Dr. Seuss

Old 05-02-2009, 02:18 PM   #17
Animad

Yeah, generally if an injury is not improving within a day or two it needs to be checked out. This is especially so with your back because if you don't it is a well known place to lead to chronic, and even life long problems if left unresolved so it needs to get checked out if you are in any doubt. I have no idea how much xrays will cost for you and it is unlikely you will need them anyway; more likely that it is muscular pain and you just need something to settle down and maybe a coure of physio but it could be something different to that and without checking it no one can really say.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)