RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-10-2014, 08:13 PM   #1
Steel Maiden
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

Could they decide to discharge me?

My psychosis is doing very well these days. My OCD varies but I don't ask for support for it (I finished CBT and it helped) as I have learnt coping strategies from CBT.

It seems that my mental health team are now supporting me around my autism as opposed to any mental health difficulties.

I still have diagnoses of psychosis and OCD.

Is it possible that my team could just say "we're discharging you", because my mental health is rather good?

I'm being supported extensively by the National Autistic Society but my dad has to help me to pay for that, and also DSA pay for the uni support.

I have a really good care coordinator. I don't want to lose her support.

I just worry that I don't "qualify" for CMHT support so they'll just want to get rid of me.

NB: I am on Olanzapine but that is more for my challenging behaviour and other autism-related symptoms, not just relapse prevention. I haven't had a serious relapse for three years now.

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.
I have autism and have problems communicating, PMs included.
Just becasue I type well doesn't mean I speak well. I am only part time verbal.

Steel Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2014, 09:44 PM   #2
random.swirls
Head forum moderator

I am currently:

They may as services are under huge pressures to discharge people BUT rather than worry and panic about it really you need to talk to your care coordinator as she is the only one who will know..

When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen
Is a chocolate muffin loving glitter ball

random.swirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2014, 09:47 AM   #3
Steel Maiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by random.swirls View Post
They may as services are under huge pressures to discharge people BUT rather than worry and panic about it really you need to talk to your care coordinator as she is the only one who will know..
Ok I'll email her.

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.

Old 22-10-2014, 08:45 PM   #4
youonlyliveonce

What is it you don't want to loose by being discharged
Could you find it in another place
Could you work on a plan to discharge in say 6 months to a yea so it's not a suck

Old 22-10-2014, 08:55 PM   #5
Epicene

I am currently:

From what I've seen on here, you have a history of fairly complex difficulties and have required a lot of CMHT input. My guess would be that, based on that, they wouldn't discharge you before a reasonable length of time where you have been 'stable' and managing with reduced support. If things get to a point where they are looking towards discharge, you can always discuss with them ways to go forward and what to do if you need them again. In my area, six months after CMHT discharge you can refer yourself back directly without seeing your GP or waiting for an assessment. Perhaps knowing what the process of discharge would involve would help reassure you.

Epicene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2014, 09:02 PM   #6
Steel Maiden

Thanks. That makes sense. I'll ask my care coordinator to make sure though.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)