RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 16-12-2013, 10:00 AM   #201
no_Brakes

Alright, quick update now. First things first, I made the mistake of starting to watch Naruto. "Ah, it can't be that bad, it's not that many episodes." Well, I got up to episode 118 in less than a week. This is why I don't watch the longer animes. Anyways, it is actually pretty decent. Better than I had expected with what I'd heard about it. After watching about 15 episodes or so a day of that, though, I had to take a break, so I've been watching a much shorter anime over a longer period of time.

Nagi no Asukara. It's apparently not finished airing yet, so I'm a bit upset to be left off on episode 11. That being said, it's pretty decent. For those who like love triangles, or just drama in general, it's pretty good. The concept of the show itself is a bit strange as well. It's hard to say if the love triangle is actually the main focus point or not, or if that's just something that sort of ties the story together. One way or another, it seems to be done really well. It's not groundbreaking or anything, and you probably won't see much you haven't seen before, but if you don't have anything else to watch, it seems like a pretty good one.

Anyhow, while I wait for the next episode of that, I may as well start marathoning more Naruto episodes. I don't know if I'm happy or sad about that.

Also, Fairy Tale is pretty great. I really hope they decide to continue it in the future. Wolf Children seems pretty interesting. I'll write it down on my incredibly long list of anime to watch in the future. I'll get around to it eventually.

no_Brakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2013, 01:40 PM   #202
LizzieRose
♥ Beloved Lunatic ♫

I am currently:

Is Naruto suppose to end soon? I heard it was... I planned on watching it once it finished.

Major Depression | Asperger's Syndrome | Anxiety NOS | Hints of OCD

Close your eyes. Don't you cry. Love's around you. In time, you'll fly. Don't you worry about the dark. I will light up the night with the love in my heart. I will burn like the sun that will keep you safe and warm. Like the smell of a rose on a summer's day, I will be there to take all your fears away. With the touch of my hand, I will turn your life to GOLD!

LizzieRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2013, 08:30 PM   #203
PraiseMePhaseMe

Wait...didn't Naruto end?

PraiseMePhaseMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2013, 08:40 PM   #204
LizzieRose
♥ Beloved Lunatic ♫

I am currently:

I dunno. o-o

Close your eyes. Don't you cry. Love's around you. In time, you'll fly. Don't you worry about the dark. I will light up the night with the love in my heart. I will burn like the sun that will keep you safe and warm. Like the smell of a rose on a summer's day, I will be there to take all your fears away. With the touch of my hand, I will turn your life to GOLD!

Old 19-12-2013, 07:19 AM   #205
no_Brakes

I'm pretty sure Shippuden is still airing. So the anime isn't quite over yet. Not sure when they intend to end it, honestly.

Old 22-12-2013, 02:47 AM   #206
Derio
Hidding from my low

I am currently:

I just watched the uncensored Kite for Sourcefed Anime club -.-

I quit!

Derio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 12:59 AM   #207
LemonTangWang
Sensual

I am currently:

Naruto is still going and will be for a while. We're on day two of the fourth great ninja war and It's taken nigh on 100 episodes to get this far, go figure.

(Is ashamed at how long he has followed Naruto for)

Edit- I'm really looking forward to watching wolf children, the girl who leapt through time and summer wars were both great so I have high hopes. It's been sitting on my hard drive for a while but I'm waiting until next month to watch it so I can get the dvd.
Spent most of the last 2 days marathoinng Gantz, I started watching it like a year ago but dropped it after the first disk mostly due to all of the main characters at that point being hideously difficult to like. However it does get quite entertaining later on even if the plot is a bit thin (blood, guts and aliens, no further explanation necessary)

Last edited by LemonTangWang : 10-01-2014 at 01:08 AM.

wubalubadubdub

LemonTangWang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2014, 10:30 AM   #208
no_Brakes

Caught up to the latest episode of Shippuden. That took much longer than expected. That being said, the show is actually pretty good. Now, though, I think I'm just going to take a break from it until it finishes airing.

Time to find something else to watch. Not sure what to watch, though. Guess I'll just pick something at random.

Old 22-02-2014, 08:54 AM   #209
no_Brakes

Watching Mirai Nikki now. It's pretty intense, to say the least. Sort of reminds me of the creepy feeling I got watching Death Note. This is a bit different than that, though.

Only on episode 2 at the moment. I'll update when I've gotten a bit further.

Old 25-02-2014, 06:34 AM   #210
LemonTangWang
Sensual

I am currently:

Just watched madoka magica in a day. My brain is jelly.

Mirrai nikki is good, make sure you watch the ova too, it cleans up the ending a bit.

wubalubadubdub

Old 25-02-2014, 08:34 AM   #211
no_Brakes

Finished Mirai Nikki. That was a pretty crazy one. I definitely liked it a lot, just not really sure how I'd place it compared to some other anime I've watched. Haven't seen the OVA yet, so I might watch that sometime tomorrow or later on. I went on to watch One Outs instead. I was hooked after episode 2. I'd recommend it to anyone who doesn't have something to watch.

My recommendation on Mirai Nikki is that anyone who enjoys dark, gory anime would like it. Alternatively, anyone who likes psychological thrillers. A lot of aspects are extremely disturbing and almost scary, so I wouldn't recommend it to those that can't handle disturbing material. Otherwise, it's a good one.

I'll have to watch the OVA sometime soon. Didn't even think about it, for some reason. Thanks for the rec. Also I'm still curious about Madoka Magica. Not really sure whether or not I want to watch it. I always go back and forth on it.

Old 25-02-2014, 02:19 PM   #212
LizzieRose
♥ Beloved Lunatic ♫

I am currently:

Brake, where did you watch Mirai Nikki? I've been wanting to watch it forever!

Got the complete Air Gear series on DVD. Gonna watch it soon! I also got Spirited Away and Kiki's Delivery Service on DVD, too! Eep! Happy otaku!

Old 26-02-2014, 06:37 AM   #213
Severus Snape
Potions Master

I am currently:

I absolutely LOVE Death Note!

It's short but well worth the watch. Just be sure to watch the entire show. Many people give up halfway through due to one scene but it's worth it to keep watching. I'm going to rewatch it and see if my opinions on certain characters have changed.

It's about a young man that finds a death note (a notebook used by shinigami in another realm to moderate the deaths of humans) and decides to use it for heroic purposes but soon becomes Japan's most wanted killer. It's really just brilliant.

Severus Snape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2014, 10:26 AM   #214
no_Brakes

Yeah, Death Note is one of my favorite animes of all time. I'm not sure why people say the second half isn't worth watching. I always heard that before I saw it, and just watched the second half anyways. I, personally, think it's great the whole way through. It's worth mentioning that the anime I just watched, One Outs, somehow reminded me of that. It's certainly not nearly as dark and crazy (and simply not as good, just to point that out up front), but it's kind of reminiscent of it. Might be worth a watch if you like that kind of thing. I certainly liked the anime and would recommend it if you don't have anything to watch once you're done rewatching death note.

If you want a quick synopsis, it's basically about a crazy baseball pitcher who uses abnormal pitching strategies and other tactics to outwit the other team, almost as if he's able to read people's minds. He's always one step ahead of the other team, he reminds me a LOT of Kira/Light. A lot. That's the main thing that makes these two seem so similar.

AlexiaRose:
As for where I watch my anime, I kind of switch it up a lot. I used to just download them, but that got to be kind of a hassle, so I just started watching them online. I've used gogoanime, pinoyanime.tv, crunchyroll, and a few others. I watched Mirai Nikki on pinoyanime. The main problem with a lot of the sites (like gogoanime in particular) is the ads. The main problem with gogoanime is that some of the videos won't go full screen if you have adblock, meaning you'd have to watch without it, meaning every 20 or so episodes you watch, you'll be interrupted by a ridiculous video advertisement in the middle of watching (not on the video itself, just somewhere on the page, sometimes not even on the page at all). This usually means you have to reload the page and blah blah. Pinoyanime allows full screen viewing even with adblock enabled, so I usually watch stuff there when I can. It's usually pretty high quality, and I haven't had any issues with buffering or anything. Crunchyroll usually just doesn't have what I want to watch, so I don't use it often, but I know a few people who use it exclusively. Not sure why, but I figured it was worth a mention. If you can deal with the absolutely awful layout of the pinoyanime website, it's probably one of the better ones. Once you get the video into full screen, you don't have the worry about the website layout anyways, so it's not too bad, but that is one of the drawbacks.

Anyways, Mirai Nikki is available streaming on gogoanime and pinoyanime. Oh, and also, Air Gear is awesome. I'm not sure why that wasn't a bigger hit than it was. Something about it is just really cool. It didn't seem that way right away for me, but it just became better and better as it went along. Hope you enjoy it as well.

Old 26-02-2014, 04:47 PM   #215
Severus Snape
Potions Master

I am currently:

I can see why people would stop watching but I finished it (after a short recovery period). It felt almost like an injustice to stop.

I'll have to give the One Outs a watch as I won't be rewatching Death Note for a couple weeks. I've never watched sports related anime but a few have been ssuggested to me.

I hope there's an anime of the Monster manga.

Also, there's a good amount of anime channels on YouTube, most of them English dubs. AnimeNerd900 and Anime Dubs are a couple good channels.

Severus Snape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:51 AM   #216
Yurei

I am currently:

Just watched Kite Liberator. I'm thinking of starting on Mirai Nikki since it seems like it's pretty popular for those who like dark and gory anime like myself. Serial Experiments Lain is my favorite anime and I watch that one over and over again.

Yurei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:25 AM   #217
FlissGoesMeow
Mewmew ^-^

I am currently:

.Hack// <3

FlissGoesMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:36 AM   #218
LemonTangWang
Sensual

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilla View Post
Just watched Kite Liberator. I'm thinking of starting on Mirai Nikki since it seems like it's pretty popular for those who like dark and gory anime like myself. Serial Experiments Lain is my favorite anime and I watch that one over and over again.
You have to watch it over and over to make any sense of it :S

wubalubadubdub

Old 14-03-2014, 05:40 AM   #219
Mothzi
trying to occupy space

I am currently:

Welcome to the NHK! and Serial Experiments Lain. They're both amazing, dark, semi-surrealistic animes. Recommend 15/10 c:

-danny

Mothzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 10:37 PM   #220
Palladion

I am currently:

I've just read that a second season of Durarara has been confirmed. Set to take place 6 months after the first season. No broadcast date has been given but honestly I am super excited for it. Durarara was one of the first animes I ever watched and I still love it to this day. Apparently they have got most of the old staff reuniting for it, which makes me happy, especially having Makoto Yoshimori back to score the soundtrack. The music in Durarara really added to the whole atmosphere of the show and was one of the best soundtracks of any anime I have seen in my opinion.

source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...v-anime-series

We need never be hopeless, because we can never be irreparably broken

Palladion is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)