RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2012, 04:36 AM   #1
The War Doctor
Man ist, was man isst

I am currently:
The highest high known to mankind...

Maybe it's because I'm a huge nerd (with a penchant for procrastination), but I find that doing a long, difficult assignment the night before it's due (and doing a damn good job) is a really great feeling. Some people get their kicks from skydiving, I get mine by churning out essays at the last minute.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Maybe I'm speaking too soon... the assignment I'm working on right now is due in six hours and I'm nowhere near finished yet...

The War Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:02 AM   #2
SavingGrace
Sliding back down the rabbit hole

I am currently:

YES! Not quite the biggest high, but I always do really well with last minute assignments and the sense of achievement is great afterwards. =]

From Nymph to Dragonfly, I know my place.

Call me Bee. =) Like it or Lump it.

‘Cause the passion and pain are gonna keep you alive someday

SavingGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:41 PM   #3
sosew96
I'm not as sad as I used to be.

I am currently:

Yes, I do. It's a sense of accomplishment. Like suck it life, I did the bare minimum and got a better grade then someone who actually tried. PLus I know my time was spent wisely procrastinating ;D

"Monsters are real, ghosts are too. They live inside us and sometimes they win."

sosew96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:20 PM   #4
DrWatson
Simon

I am currently:

I just got that high today :D It felt sooo good :P

'Get out. I need to go to my mind palace.'

'I don't know, I notice.'

DrWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:27 PM   #5
squirrelspit

I am currently:

about you being a nerd? yes i do.

:p

squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:21 PM   #6
Ninja Orange

I am currently:

lol Charlie :P

Regarding the OP, I'm not sure, I haven't really succeeded in doing assignments any other way so I don't know any different. Whenever I attempt to start things early it never gets anywhere, and I end up just having a blank document entitled "x essay" permanently open on my computer for weeks, with maybe he college library website in a tab as well, and then eventually getting it done in a night or two before the deadline. I think that any "high" I may get could be put down to the consumed caffeine and forced sleep deprivation.

Ninja Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:32 PM   #7
The War Doctor
Man ist, was man isst

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxymoron View Post
I think that any "high" I may get could be put down to the consumed caffeine and forced sleep deprivation.
I think in my case it's relief. This is roughly my thought process when doing an assignment:

Two days from deadline - "Oh f*ck oh f*ck oh f*ck I haven't even started I've only written the title and I have no idea what I'm gonna do I'm gonna miss the deadline either that or I'll have to write a really crappy essay and fail and I'm the worst student ever!"

Four hours from deadline - *save, print* "AAAAAWWWW HEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLL YEEEEEEEEAAAH! I f*cking did it! Four hours to spare, baby, and this motherf*cker is DONE! I'm the greatest student ever!"

Weeks later - *get a good grade* "Yup, I'm the best."

The War Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:35 PM   #8
Bleeding Angel
This is my story, and your not part of it...

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosew96 View Post
Yes, I do. It's a sense of accomplishment. Like suck it life, I did the bare minimum and got a better grade then someone who actually tried. PLus I know my time was spent wisely procrastinating ;D
I just hate people that brag about that though (not saying you do).

"Its not how long a star shines, what is remembered is the brightness of the light"

Bleeding Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:48 PM   #9
Scaredy-cat
I am the very model of a modern major general

I am currently:

Nope, i hate that stress. I prefer the feeling when everyone else is stressing over assignments left till the last minute and your just sat there like 'i finished it two weeks ago. And yes i have no life, but whos laughing now?'
THAT is a great feeling

He was no longer jean valjean but no. 24601 -les miserable

Some of life's mysteries will never be solved, such as why, after spending an entire evening listenong to Bach, do I find myself humming "the birdie song".......

I am reaching, but i fall, and the stars are black and cold, as i stare into the void of a world that cannot hold- les miserables

Scaredy-cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:58 PM   #10
LemonTangWang
Sensual

I am currently:

I think the highest high is when the traffic lights work in my favour and I can cross both sides of the busy road by my house without losing any momentum at all.

LIKE A BOSS!

wubalubadubdub

LemonTangWang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:00 PM   #11
Asura

Procrastination sure can motivate you do to something at the last second, but it's not really comparable to an adrenaline high. At least I've never found it to be something to be high on. ^_^

I can't say from personal experience, but I would guess that skydiving is a little more thrilling than writing a paper under pressure. xD

Asura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:24 AM   #12
Gone.

I haaaate leaving assignments until the last minute but I invariably do because I have shocking time management...

My highs would come from caffeine also - especially consuming around 2 litres a day to get certain essays done and constantly twitching as a consequence. Needless to say, I never want to drink that much again :|.

Left.

Gone. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:25 AM   #13
JDenning
I welcome the reaper

I am currently:

According to Dead Like Me you can achieve the ultimate permanent high by drilling a hole into your brain.

Take me away, I just want out from this self-imprisoned self-made Hell. Don't be surprsed, this is your mind coming to life by self-sacrifice. This tragedy of death will walk hand in hand with every thought of regret. Blame yourself for what you've become. The mind is a powerful thing set to self-destruct.
~I, Dementia - Whitechapel~

JDenning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:23 PM   #14
Leo Pard
Flem Fatale

I am currently:

^ Sounds legit.

The world is just illusion always trying to change me.
You will find wonder wherever you can, and spread joy whenever you are able.

I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, divide within me. - Frankenstein.

Leo Pard is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)