RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2012, 11:34 PM   #3441
Steel Maiden
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

Thanks. Logic is back now, I am thinking very logically now.

The jog was good thanks.

I am ok today. I've just been reading the Road Traffic Act 1988.

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.
I have autism and have problems communicating, PMs included.
Just becasue I type well doesn't mean I speak well. I am only part time verbal.

Steel Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:30 AM   #3442
Steel Maiden

I was talking to C about what happened during my last 136 and I remembered that when the police officers were dragging me into the 136 room, they kept saying "if you hit us, we'll hit you back" - I took that totally literally and was really scared that they would whack me with a baton. Was it right for them to say that to me?

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:11 PM   #3443
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

No it wasn't. They have the right to restrain you for your and their protection. And they have the right to use their baton *only* to re-gain control over you.

They don't have the right to use violence in a retaliation thing.

I'm sorry you had to go through that, Oly.

How are you at the moment? How's uni/life, and forms and talking to your social worker about the idiot carer?

Imperfection is underrated.

Bellatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:03 PM   #3444
Steel Maiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellatrix View Post
No it wasn't. They have the right to restrain you for your and their protection. And they have the right to use their baton *only* to re-gain control over you.

They don't have the right to use violence in a retaliation thing.

I'm sorry you had to go through that, Oly.

How are you at the moment? How's uni/life, and forms and talking to your social worker about the idiot carer?
Thanks. I was very scared when he said that. I was handcuffed at the time so I'm not sure how I could have hit them. And they were holding my legs too. So I don't think it would have been possible for me to hurt them in any way. Thank you, 136s are horribly traumatic. I can't actually walk through central Wimbledon without being petrified that Wimbledon Police will recognise me or that I'll have flashbacks.

I am better than before. But I am being stalked by text from that horrible man. I called my social worker on Friday about that man and she said they'll call him and ask/tell him to stop. But he texted me this weekend twice. I am scared that he will get my address (someone else, a while ago, found my address because I'm on the electoral register). I am waiting until tomorrow so I can call my social worker again. Failing that, I will email the PCSO about this.

Uni is actually going quite well. And the change in medication times (i.e. taking some of my meds in the morning) has vastly helped with my anxiety.

The idiot carer had a go at me two days ago for complaining and said that he was "disappointed" in me. But now he's behaving a lot better with me.

Old 05-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #3445
Steel Maiden

Sorry. The Voices are worse now than They've been for a while. And the Spies actually talked to me, well yelled at me, from the street below. They've never spoken before.

Last edited by Steel Maiden : 05-02-2012 at 05:45 PM. Reason: mistake

Old 06-02-2012, 01:33 AM   #3446
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

I'm so sorry that that man is bothering you again, that's really awful. Can you block his number on your phone, so that you don't have to receive those texts?

Good news that the carer is behaving better now!

Sorry to hear that the Voices are particularly bad at the moment. How are you feeling now? Is Logic useful to remind you that the Spies and Voices are part of your illness, and do not have the power they claim to have?

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:24 AM   #3447
Steel Maiden

Hi. Thanks. I blocked that man, but he keeps using new phone numbers to contact me. I've blocked four mobile numbers from him so far.

I had a good night's sleep and Logic has come back this morning. The Spies are probably still there (it's dark outside so I can't be sure) but Logic reminds me that They're not going to harm me. The Voices are a bit better today but still there.

The carers were actually helpful last night :)

I have uni today and I am worried that the Spies will be there but I'll use Logic.

Old 06-02-2012, 10:59 AM   #3448
Buttons.
Never knowing...a helping hand or hell to pay?

I am currently:

With regards to the phone contact, I know it would be a pain but you could you get a new number i.e change your SIM?

'Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.'

['There is only one thing we say to death. Not today'.']

'We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.’ – Oscar Wilde
‘It’s hard to dance with the devil on your back.’ Sydney Carter

Buttons. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 04:11 PM   #3449
Steel Maiden

That is a possibility but it would be a very complicated issue.

Besides, I think this guy has stopped texting now.

Old 06-02-2012, 07:05 PM   #3450
Steel Maiden

The new person, L, moved in today and she's really nice :)

Old 07-02-2012, 06:53 AM   #3451
Buttons.
Never knowing...a helping hand or hell to pay?

I am currently:

^ That's great :)

'Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.'

['There is only one thing we say to death. Not today'.']

'We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.’ – Oscar Wilde
‘It’s hard to dance with the devil on your back.’ Sydney Carter

Buttons. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:29 AM   #3452
rara avis

I am currently:

Hey Oly, just wanted to drop by and let you know I'm thinking of you.
I really don't think the police are monitoring you, you don't need to worry about that.
I'm glad L is nice.
Take care Oly
Rara

rara avis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:56 PM   #3453
Steel Maiden

Thanks Buttons., I was really worried that L would be horrible and I would end up running away or something similar.

Hi Rara, thank you. I know that you are going through a hard time now. I hope things improve for you soon. I was being illogical when I said the police were monitoring me, sorry, I just get the body language of police officers totally wrong (in fact I cannot understand body language at all and my autism support worker is trying to teach me body language; it's really hard). What are you doing today?
Best wishes,
Oly

Old 08-02-2012, 12:48 AM   #3454
Ellyx
Ella

I am currently:

Hey i just wanted to drop by and offer my support.

With regards to the 136 thing i know how all that feels, i have actually been pepper sprayed during a 136 before. Apparantly it was becuase i was being so voilent, but it was actually due to the fact they were touching me and i cant stand being touched by strangers.

Also i get the body langauge thing with everyone, and i also struggle with reading tones of voice etc...

I've got a new person moving into my house on friday, i've had one a few weeks ago, i was the same and im glad L seems nice :) New people moving in can be hard
xxx

Do not adjust your mind, there is a fault in reality

Ellyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:51 AM   #3455
Steel Maiden

Hi Ella, thanks for dropping in.

That is awful that they pepper sprayed you, sorry to hear that you were so unwell. I can't stand being touched either, so I understand.

I am worried about what the police have on my record; last time I got 136ed they called four police officers, a police van and a police car straightaway to deal with me. In the past they used to just have two police officers and a car come along (although they always had to get more in after I flipped out).

Body language and tone of voice are very hard indeed. There are resources out there that can help and I'll be asking my support worker to help me.

Good luck with the new person moving in, I hope it will go well for you. Thanks, L is pretty nice. Only problem is that she is not in the house much.

Old 09-02-2012, 12:26 AM   #3456
Duck

I am currently:

The first time I was 136ed there were two vans of police officers in riot gear and several cars. I was asleep when they found me, so that seems a bit over the top. I think that sometimes it just depends on the police and on what they have available and what mood they are in.

I am sorry you have had such a rough time with
136. I think people do not acknowledge properly just how traumatic the mental health system can be.

Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:10 AM   #3457
Steel Maiden

Duck - that is awful. Yes, I agree the police can be insensitive. I hope we both never get 136ed again. Thank you for your kind words.

My friend C sent a Freedom Of Information Act request to Merton Council about guidelines for supported housing, with a specific question about the temperature at which such houses should be kept at. Because every morning my room is at 14-15C and it is a miracle if it gets up to 16-17C during the day. I have Raynaud's syndrome so my feet and hands get painful when it's cold. The carer has been making every excuse possible to not turn the heating up. He also says that the boiler will be serviced, but as to when, I have no idea.

Old 09-02-2012, 11:33 PM   #3458
Ellyx
Ella

I am currently:

Thats bad, my house when the boiler broke down my carer even bought some electric heaters we would have. Is there anyone higher up you can complain too?

And i know what you mean about the records thing. I lost a job due to my mental health. The ironic thing is i a criminal record for something aswell and they didnt care about those it was the mental health stuff. Ahhh

Do not adjust your mind, there is a fault in reality

Ellyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:52 AM   #3459
Steel Maiden

Thanks. Apparently electric heaters are a "health and safety hazard" and they're banned in this house (I tried to have one last year and the carer made me give it away).

The boiler was looked at today by an engineer and the hot water sort of works now. Apparently the engineer needs to put a heat exchanger in the boiler and then the heating will be fine.

I want to complain higher up but last time I complained to the housing manager, the carers basically emotionally blackmailed me and bullied me when they found out. So now I'm too scared to complain.

I'm sorry to hear that you lost a job Ella. What were the circumstances in which they dropped you from the job? Because it is discrimination if they fired you for mental health problems; the Disability Discrimination Act actually says it's illegal to do that.

I've never worked for money, but I do voluntary work. I used to help out with a cub scouts group when I was 16-17. When I turned 18 they asked for an enhanced CRB and I quickly quit the job, saying something about A-levels and university. It pissed me off as I was actually enjoying the job (even though I struggled a bit with it) because there were some kids who liked me a lot.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:30 PM   #3460
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

Hmm, that's weird - we had electric 'radiators' in Halls last year. It might be worth asking if you can put in an anonymous complaint, so the carers don't find out.

It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

talaiporia is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)