RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2023, 04:53 AM   #1
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:
Disabling quotes

I have in the past accidentally selected another forum members post to quote. Since it was done many months ago I have no idea when it was. I am getting peed off having the check option to quote it as I cannot select it. Bear in mind I am using a phone and I have no access to a computer. I have tried 3 different browsers and the desktop option but still my phone won't allow me to select the quote option. If there was I would quote the offending post in my r/v and edit it.

My questions are is there any way of getting rid other than trying an computer? Like is there a way of searching to find the quoted post or an option in control panel? It's beginning to really bug me now.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 07:59 AM   #2
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Do you mean that you ticked the box at the top right of a post?

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 08:03 AM   #3
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

Wait, don’t think you have the tick box thing, now I think about it! I’m not sure what you mean. You clicked quote+ button at some point? And now are you saying that the quote buttons don’t work? Sorry, I’m a little confused, especially by the bit where you said ‘having the check option to quote it as I cannot select it’

Old 08-04-2023, 10:14 AM   #4
not_so_insig

I am currently:

I have ticked the quote + at some point. It's annoying me as I can't find the original post to deselect it and my phone won't allow me to check "quote message in reply". I am getting peed off at seeing the tick box each time I reply and I was wondering if there was a way to get rid other than using a computer which I cannot do.

Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic

Old 08-04-2023, 10:31 AM   #5
Elmer
Patchwork Elephant

I am currently:

I'm not sure I understand, could you post screenshots of what you mean?

Are you talking about the tick box that says 'Quote message in reply?' when you're responding to a thread? It's not letting you use it? I think you can still just quote a message without it.

Last edited by Elmer : 08-04-2023 at 12:22 PM.

'It's an impossible choice ... I'll just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me.'

"You're not scared of climbing mountains. You're scared that you can't make them move."

Jenna was here :P

Elmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 11:49 AM   #6
not_so_insig

I am currently:

Each time I click reply the quote message in reply appears. I want to get rid of it and I cant click on it.

Old 08-04-2023, 12:17 PM   #7
Elmer
Patchwork Elephant

I am currently:

I'm pretty sure everyone has that - is it causing any issues other than the fact it's there?

'It's an impossible choice ... I'll just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me.'

"You're not scared of climbing mountains. You're scared that you can't make them move."

Jenna was here :P

Elmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 01:26 PM   #8
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

Ohhh that tick box (I have a way cooler tick box at the top right of posts btw :P).

That’s just always there isn’t it? Unrelated to whether you’ve accidentally got something on quote+? But it is news to me that you can’t click it from a phone- I just tried it and I can’t either.

If you think you’ve got something stored up in quote+ you could press quote (just next to quote+) at the bottom right of this post and that will take you to a create post page and then you could delete my post and the mysterious stored one and so a post and then the stored one will be gone. I’m just not sure it will get rid of the tick box that is causing you so much woe. Pretty sure the normal quote buttons work on a phone as I use them a lot when replying to multiple people on a chat thread

Old 08-04-2023, 01:39 PM   #9
not_so_insig

I am currently:

Thanks everyone for their help it is appreciated. I guess that I didn't notice it until now.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)