RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 30-10-2012, 03:54 AM   #6381
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

Sharli did they call it 'low lying' or placenta praevia? Low lying I believe to be risky natural birth, pp imposible natural birth. I had low lying til about 28 weeks (moved up between 26 and 28 weeks).

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 04:02 AM   #6382
Childerbeast
Sharli

I am currently:

They didn't really call it anything, she was hopeful it would move though so i'd assume low lying (freaking weird bodies)

Childerbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 09:24 AM   #6383
[Awakening]
~Jocelyn~

I am currently:

its quite normal for it to be low lying at this stage in pregnancy, most of the time its moved well out of the way by the time babies ready to come out The womb stretches upwards so 'drags' the placenta with it. Try not to worry, you'll get warning (fresh bleeding) in the unlikely case that it hasn't moved x

My love, a beautiful future awaits

[Awakening] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #6384
squirrelspit

I am currently:

a babbbyyyy!!!! I cant believe youre 24 weeks already. Man i miss being pregnant.

I had low lying placenta when i had my second scan too, and i stressed and stressed about it but when i had the check up scan, it was fine. I was kind of pleased to need another scan to be honest, it meant i got to see my baby again before he was born.

Take it slow with the unpacking if youre getting pains. If you dont get it all done straight away it'll mean you'll be able to keep yourself busy during your maternity leave, and you'll have stuff to do when you start wanting to clean absolutely everything.

That sucks about work.. do you know why its happening? Is there anyone higher than them you can go to to talk about it?

squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2012, 12:55 AM   #6385
Childerbeast
Sharli

I am currently:

Yeah im waiting for one more incidence then i will be taking it further with our HR dept, its my department head thats doing it so would be kinda sucky, i know she's having a hard time of it at work too so i suspect that's some of it.

N yup im not too worried about it as the ultrasound tech sounded pretty confident it wouldnt be an issue, its just that 1% chance thats playing on my mind, im a big wuss really (yet the idea of possibly being ripped form V to A doesnt seem to bother me!). Right now i'm totally just taking it as another opportunity to see my lil boy n im scoping out the ultrasound clinics as i know one of them does free 3D scans - determined to find it hehe

I gotta say im nto sure i'm gonna miss being pregnant, with all the nausea and the fact that ive already been getting braxton hicks (according to my dr) and the kicks are basically still just 'bubbles' and everyones just talking about how small i am which although my dr isnt mentioning anything about it, im still a lil worried!

Old 31-10-2012, 12:56 AM   #6386
squirrelspit

I am currently:

seriously you guys.. how the f*ck do you maintain a successful romantic relationship when you have a baby?

Old 31-10-2012, 01:05 AM   #6387
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

I managed to get pregnant 9 months later lol

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.

Mand x

Old 31-10-2012, 11:53 AM   #6388
D-liscious
I wouldn't change the pain for what I've learned

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrelspit View Post
seriously you guys.. how the f*ck do you maintain a successful romantic relationship when you have a baby?
lol .... you dont!

reach for the stars

D-liscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2012, 11:54 AM   #6389
squirrelspit

I am currently:

maybe i should remove the word romantic and just ask.. how the **** do you maintain a relationship at all?

Old 31-10-2012, 02:40 PM   #6390
Childerbeast
Sharli

I am currently:

A good babysitter? And a hell of a lotta effort?

Old 31-10-2012, 11:26 PM   #6391
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childerbeast View Post
I gotta say im nto sure i'm gonna miss being pregnant, with all the nausea and the fact that ive already been getting braxton hicks (according to my dr) and the kicks are basically still just 'bubbles' and everyones just talking about how small i am which although my dr isnt mentioning anything about it, im still a lil worried!
everyone grows at totally different rates. i wasn't especially big with Jasmine, as you probably know, me and Charlie were only 3 days apart with our due dates, we actually had the same due date for a while, and we were comparing bumps at a meet. Oliver-bump was harder than Jasmine-bump, and Oliver-bump was quite a lot bigger.
every baby is an individual (even as a bump) and if your doctor isn't worried, then it should be fine :)

Charlie, that is an adorable picture!! most people say that its unusual to see a baby suck those fingers, and usually its a thumb, so funny that both Oliver and Jasmine do the same!

and im afraid i have no advice on relationships, having never actually had one :p

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:04 PM   #6392
Sunshine
This girl just cant take it anymore

I am currently:

Me and my fiancé go on date night, and when we are both home we sit with the other when we are feeding Lucas or cooking so we arnt lonely. It sounds stupid but it's nice to talk to someone rather then sitting on your own

My Angels
Madeline 09/02/1990
Edward 10/02/1990

I want to live, not merely survive

Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:36 AM   #6393
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

I can always watch oliver if you want to go somewhere with stue, only when hes off the booby milk though :3 x

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.

griddlebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:05 AM   #6394
D-liscious

I am currently:

hey everyone,

hope your all ok, we are having a naming ceremony for Rebecca, we had one for Saul too it was lovely, but looking for and ideas, songs poems etc for this time round

on an other hand, im feeling a bit better than i have been but life is mental!! we are getting new bathrooms in, they said when they started 4 weeks ago that it would take a maxium of 3 weeks, ive been without a bath now for a week, tantrums every night from saul cause he cant have a bath, we have to go to my parents to bath the kids and then were not getting home till 9pm, the boss becomes unreachable when there is a problem, i went to the showroom yesterday and the fed me a **** load of lies about him not having his phone and people dying!!! then i had to leave as i had a dentist appt, went out and phoned Tom from the car, and the boss drives in, no way to prove it but very very suspicious, but i would put money on them having phoned to say I had left so he came back, they promised somone would be here today to fit the bath 10am and I'm supposed to be at a weaning session but im sat in the house waiting, not so much as a phone call!!!! furious doesn't come close! the tears of anger and frustration are pouring down my face!
to top it all off I broke a tooth on Friday, hence the dentist yesterday, he has suggested a crown, which means trying to squeeze in dentist appts round child care but on the upside, it will be free!

reach for the stars

Old 07-11-2012, 11:47 AM   #6395
squirrelspit

I am currently:

Oh that all sounds horrible.

Do you have a contract with them detailing the work and stuff? Im pretty sure there are complaints you can make about them making your life so complicated by them not being there when they should be etc.

Could you get a friend/some parents to watch the babies whilst you get your tooth fixed?

Could you let Saul has a splash in the baby bath? Failing that, stand him in the garden and put the hose on him. :P

Old 07-11-2012, 01:42 PM   #6396
Popple

Debbie if they keep messing you around you can contact trading standards. We have gone to them before when we had problems with a company and they were really helpful. As soon as the company found out trading standards were involved they were pretty quick to get their act together!

You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Popple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:18 PM   #6397
D-liscious

I am currently:

well just as i finished posting the door went and it was the plumber to fit the bath, so im downstairs with the kids and i hear lots of water and heeeey heeeeeey! so i shout up are you ok? and he shouts back can you turn the water off??????? so im holding Rebecca, in the cubord, under the sink trying to turn the water off and the door goes! so i keep turning the water off and the door goes again (its unlocked) im shouting come in cause i see its the guy delivering the bath!!!! so he starts chapping the door, by this point the water is off so we both go up and the plumber is sitting in the middle of a flooded bathroom soaked from head to toe!!!!!!!!

so the guy brings the bath in and i go to the kitchen (under the bathroom!) splash ... splash.... splash... drip.splash.drip.splash yip..... water coming through the ceiling!!!!

seriously not amused, they were like theres nothing we can do but we will fix the kitchen ceiling!

im not sure it can get much worse ...

reach for the stars

Old 07-11-2012, 04:23 PM   #6398
D-liscious

I am currently:

Quote:
Oh that all sounds horrible.

Do you have a contract with them detailing the work and stuff? Im pretty sure there are complaints you can make about them making your life so complicated by them not being there when they should be etc.
yes we have contract its just really frustrating and Tom knows where the boss lives and he said dont stress we will just go to his house and make him sort it.

Quote:
Could you get a friend/some parents to watch the babies whilst you get your tooth fixed?
i do but its just one more thing i dont need!
and dont like asking

Quote:
Could you let Saul has a splash in the baby bath? Failing that, stand him in the garden and put the hose on him. :P
we dont have a baby bath!, we have a tummy tub, but Rebecca has been going in the big bath with Saul in a bath seat!

he he if we got the hose out he would put it on me!!!!! we have a shower, but he doesn't like showers, and really loves his bath!

reach for the stars

Old 07-11-2012, 10:09 PM   #6399
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

Ella still goes in my mum's'kitchen sink if the bath is full at her house (have a dad and 2 bros who like long deep soaks) chloe will have a stand up wash stood in the sink and ella sits in with her feet on the draining board lol. It's good fun! If I lived nearer i'd take kidlets for you to get your tooth fixed. Good luck with the boss man, i'd send a letter recorded mail, keep copies threatening trading standards (or cowboy builders!) It saves any face to face confrontation then.

Mand x

Old 07-11-2012, 11:42 PM   #6400
D-liscious

I am currently:

Thanks Mand,

my kitchen sink is too small, and our house is a bit of an unusual layout where kitchen is at the front so don't really want to put the kids in the sink lol, but my mum has a lovely photo of me and my sister in her double sink as kids when her bathroom was getting done, at the dentist the reception / dental nurses are lovely and will watch Rebecca, so if i have tuesday appts its fine, just something else to squeeze into my already busy life!
I don't mind conflict and really things need done face to face, think my visit to the showroom yesterday has got things moving think the boss man Mr K is a coward and doesn't like conflict so my visit and strong words yesterday have worked! the guys who have been coming to do the work say he just bows to whoever is shouting loudest, and although with what we are paying we really should not have to chase him up, I can and will shout very very loud!
but i wont be recommending them!

reach for the stars

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)