RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2012, 10:48 PM   #20381
Serendipity.
fabulous.

Ahh med changes can be horrible, but I hope that it goes okay. How are you doing otherwise? x

"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.
It'll get better. Until then, have a day."

Serendipity. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:25 PM   #20382
Droplet

Hi, just popping in.

Good luck with your meds change, really hope it goes as smoothly as possible.

Thanks for the support earlier - I feel much more relaxed and have stopped the purging.

I am really excited now as me and Steve are moving for definite now on the 19th of July and I have suddenly found a new passion in kitchen appliances, furniture, shiny sqaure white plates... you name it. ;) I'm dreaming it too haha.

Hope you're all alrighty. I leave love.

xxxx

The Mole was bewitched, entranced, fascinated. By the side of the river he trotted as one trots, when very small, by the side of a man who holds one spell-bound by exciting stories; and when tired at last, he sat on the bank, while the river still chattered on to him, a babbling procession of the best stories in the world, sent from the heart of the earth to be told at last to the insatiable sea.
Wind in the Willows.

Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:28 PM   #20383
Aardbei
Forum Mod

I am currently:

I'm okay thanks Starling... she wants me to alternate between 45mg (my old dose) and 30mg (my new dose) for a couple of weeks to see how I feel, and see if the 30mg days are better than the 45mg days or vice versa so we can work out what's best for me. It should be fine, this is just the fifth medication I've been on, and it's been the most useful - but I'm still not great, and sometimes I worry this might be as good as it gets for me!

I love buying house stuff and I don't even have my own place! It's so satisfying :D

Last edited by Aardbei : 07-07-2012 at 11:28 PM. Reason: typo

Aardbei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:29 PM   #20384
Serendipity.
fabulous.

Ohh Miranda, that's so exciting, I'm all happy for you! Really glad you're feeling better and have managed to stop purging as well xxx

"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:31 PM   #20385
Serendipity.
fabulous.

Mali, I can definitely relate to that feeling. I don't think this will be as good as it gets though; there are always other things to try and things can always improve.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:41 PM   #20386
Droplet

You're right it is so satisfying. I have this picture in my head of what it could be like and it's perfect so next thing just need to go rob the bank, hehe. :)

How are you Star?

I don't really know your situation Malison at all, but I know it took me a long long time to find the meds that really suit me now. And sometimes things change and I haven't really been able to put a finger on why. Passage of time? Learning stuff from life? Change of situation? Me being a bit more proactive? I haven't a clue. So try keep hope. (and sorry for butting in!)

The Mole was bewitched, entranced, fascinated. By the side of the river he trotted as one trots, when very small, by the side of a man who holds one spell-bound by exciting stories; and when tired at last, he sat on the bank, while the river still chattered on to him, a babbling procession of the best stories in the world, sent from the heart of the earth to be told at last to the insatiable sea.
Wind in the Willows.

Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:49 PM   #20387
Serendipity.
fabulous.

Haha, good luck with the bank robbery ;)

I'm tired. Thinking of heading to bed with ice cream :)

Old 08-07-2012, 12:22 AM   #20388
Aardbei
Forum Mod

I am currently:

Thanks guys, I'm hoping when I start getting the counselling support in combination with my medication I'll start feeling a little better. I'm definitely much better off than I was last year - I'm not suicidal, or even particularly sad (although I do still have bad days); it's more I feel constantly worried/dreading something terrible that's going to happen, even though rationally I know nothing is. From the moment I wake up I am dreading getting through the day. I'm just tired of trying for so long I think - it's been 8 years now, 5 medications, 5 different lots of counselling... I'm exhausted :(

Being unemployed definitely doesn't help as it means I have a lot of time to think and worry about stuff I don't need to, but applying for jobs makes me so anxious, and I'm not getting anywhere, so I'm getting very frustrated! Trying to get into voluntary work but it's not going well as nowhere wants me. I'm going to look into doing a Masters as apparently having a First Class degree isn't enough (although it may be too late for this year) but the process of doing that makes me panic. Can't win!

Heading to bed with ice cream sounds amazeballs. I have Malteasers. Nom!

Old 08-07-2012, 12:28 AM   #20389
Serendipity.
fabulous.

*squishes* I can definitely understand that. But it's really great that things are better than they were - so hopefully instead of it being a case of 'this is as good as it gets' it's more that you're moving along the road to being more fully recovered, even if it's hard to see that sometimes. I hope the counselling is helpful; I would think that maybe being on a medication that actually helps and counselling at the same time sounds like it would be a good combination. With the voluntary work - would it help to maybe pick up something small even if it isn't relevant to what you want to do (even just in a charity shop) to just give you something to do while you get something more permanant and relevant sorted out?

Yay for maltesers! *steals* :P

I am still here.. I'm to lazy to move!

Old 08-07-2012, 12:34 AM   #20390
Aardbei
Forum Mod

I am currently:

Yeah I am probably going to have to do something like that, it's just getting round to it and I always get scared of getting stuck... which is why I'm not trying to find a little paid job in a shop or whatever, because my mental resources are so limited that even doing one thing takes all my energy. I fail!

I am laptopping in bed eating chocolate like a princess ;)

Old 08-07-2012, 01:35 PM   #20391
HopeRises

Miranda, moving sounds uber exciting. I love household appliances and things too haha.

Mali, I agree with Star and Miranda..There are lots and lots and lots of things that can change how we feel/perspectives etc and maybe this is as good as you've felt so far, but with employment you might feel better again and so on. So many situations (and meds) influence. Your on the road to recovery and I'm sure it will all fit into place eventually and you will be happy and content.
I know it's hard and frustrating and tiring but, keep going and keep hope.

It's very easy to get stuck doing 'nothing' and so maybe a few hours of voluntary work doing something- anything and planning things to do might also help. I know doing something helped me get out after being stuck for so long.

Star, how are you?

Hope you guys cleaned your teeth before sleep ;)

Life can be beautiful if you let it.
Step back, breathe and take it in

HopeRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:42 PM   #20392
Imperfect.Star

Hiya all.
Miranda, I totally get the household shopping excitement! I'm in the middle of moving into my new place and shopping for stuff has been so fun! I can spend hours looking at ikea furniture. Sadly money and space are limiting factors.

Mali I think I may have found you by Facebook stalking, I could be totally wrong though. My sister's name is Paula (very tall, dark hair, probably wore a lot of sports kit in first year). I get how difficult it can seem to start doing something like work/volunteering but I've always found that once I've forced myself into something I'm glad and keeping myself busy definitely helps me.

How are you Star and Leigh?

I'm so tired, feel like I've done loads of driving today. If I hold out tonight, tomorrow is 7 weeks of no SH! I'm a bit surprised at myself really.

Always seem to get things just that little bit wrong.

"don't wish, don't start, wishing only wounds the heart"

Imperfect.Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:17 PM   #20393
HopeRises

I am ok thanks Claire, Glad for a day off tomorrow, although it will be filled with revision. How are you?

Have you moved far?

Old 08-07-2012, 09:50 PM   #20394
Serendipity.
fabulous.

Yay for a day off Leigh - hope you can find the time to do something nice as well as revision :)

Claire, that is amazing, well done you! I'm all proud of you :) How are you doing at the moment?

Hehe, hope you enjoyed the chocolate Mali! You don't fail, it is just really hard sometimes. You'll get there!

Old 08-07-2012, 10:18 PM   #20395
HopeRises

How are you doing beautiful? Thank you for your new number.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:22 PM   #20396
Serendipity.
fabulous.

I'm not so great at the moment but hey, when am I ever?

How are you doing, are you feeling any better than you were? <3

Old 08-07-2012, 10:24 PM   #20397
Aardbei
Forum Mod

I am currently:

You possibly have found me! Red hair, glasses, lots of face metal? And yes I think I knew Paula :) We weren't close but it was quite a big year so it was difficult to get to know everybody! I think I found you on FB too :P

I'm waiting to hear back from the ward manager of a mental health hospital about possible voluntary work. May call her in the middle of the week if I haven't heard anything. :)

Old 08-07-2012, 10:29 PM   #20398
Serendipity.
fabulous.

How are you todayyy? I hope you hear back about the voluntary work soon, it sounds like that would be a really good thing to do :)

Old 08-07-2012, 10:43 PM   #20399
HopeRises

Just replied to your thread Han. You will be ok, I promise. Don't give up. I love you <3

Ali, The voluntary work sounds good. I hope you hear back soon. How are you otherwise?

Yes, I am doing marginally better. I am seeing my psych this week. I might mention it but It seems like I am in control at the moment.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:49 PM   #20400
Serendipity.
fabulous.

I'm glad you're in control lovely, BUT I definitely think you should mention it your psych, if only so that they can be aware of how things are and keep an eye on it. I'm glad you're doing a bit better though. Love you lots! <3

Ty for replying *potters off to read thread*

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)