RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #1
Love_Bug

I am currently:
Pansexual?

I have been trying to figure out if I am pansexual of not. I found out that my boyfriend is bi and transgender (he is still figuring that part out.) I would have thought that that would have bothered me... Especially the dressing and acting as a woman part, and the fact that I have labeled myself as straight my entire life. Honestly it doesn't bother me at all. It actually enthuses me a little..
When he started talking about maybe wanting a sex change in the future I was also not upset at all. I immediately started thinking of all the sexual fun we could have together.
It is weird for me to write this because I never really saw myself as attracted to girls, but lately I have noticed just how much I like how girls are.. physically, emotionally, etc..
I don't know if just not minding that my bf wants to be a girl makes me bisexual, or pansexual, or what...
Basically I just wanted some feedback as to what I am.. I don't really know how else to put that..
If that can't be answered then I would appreciate some advice on how to figure this out...
I will take any advice I could get.. but please be nice...

As long as I stay in this moment I will be safe

Love_Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 01-10-2012, 09:06 PM   #2
Dream Decending
Willow

I am currently:

First off, I think it's fantastic that you are being so supportive of your boyfriend, and it's fantastic that he can talk to you about this.

In light of that I wouldn't worry about labeling yourself with any kind of sexuality. You love him for who he is inside and that's all that matters. I wish I could give you the answers you're looking for, but I really don't know.

Feel the removal of desire and shame
It's the key to rebirth in a world slightly sane

Dream Decending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:09 PM   #3
Love_Bug

I am currently:

Thanks. I know it isn't really "necessary" to label oneself but.... I want to. Having seen my bf come out and feel so much better about himself because of it.. I want that. I have been so confused for so long..
Thanks for posting anyway *hugs*

Old 01-10-2012, 09:19 PM   #4
Dream Decending
Willow

I am currently:

Well, knowing what I know about pansexuality and what I know from about you from your post, I would say it probably is the most accurate way to describe you.

Feel the removal of desire and shame
It's the key to rebirth in a world slightly sane

Dream Decending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:12 PM   #5
Leo Pard
Flem Fatale

I am currently:

I would say Pansexual too as it basically means that you don't care about gender and just like someone for their personality.

Also, well done for being so understanding with your partner. You must be going through a bit of a hard time too, so just remember that as much as they need support you do too. Take a look at Gendered Intelligence as, as far as I know, they have stuff for SOFFAS (Significant Others, Friends, Families and Allies) on there.

The world is just illusion always trying to change me.
You will find wonder wherever you can, and spread joy whenever you are able.

I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, divide within me. - Frankenstein.

Leo Pard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:46 AM   #6
Love_Bug

I am currently:

Yeah I am having a tough time right now.. I had stopped SI for a long time (it would have been a year in 17 days) and I recently started up again.. Not to mention the stress of my first year in university... I just hope that my bf is as supportive of me as I am of him.
Thank you all for your support. *hugs

Old 02-10-2012, 03:07 AM   #7
frenchhorn
Oliver

it's really great you are so supportive of him.
Try not to stress too much about labels, go with whatever label feels right at this time and it doesn't have to fit the norms. I know some women who identify as a lesbian but are with a man and that man is there exception to the norm.

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or studpidity. The grave will supply plenty of time for silence." Christopher Hitchens

'When words fail, music speaks'

I am transsexual and homoromantic and proud to be.

frenchhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:42 AM   #8
MiloJon
Androgynous

I am currently:

I totally understand the desperately wanting a label. I was the same way for so long. It does help put you more at ease with yourself and knowing that you are not alone.

I have done a lot of research with different genders and preferences, because for a while I was confused about myself as well. And, I will say that what you describe sounds very pansexual. As in, you do not care what your bf's gender is. You still love him just the same. That sounds like a pansexual preference. Also, it sounds like your bf is very very lucky to have someone like you in his life to be so supportive.
I know that I cannot tell you what you are, or what your label is. But, I do hope that this helps. Feel free to pm me if you ever need anything. ^^d And I hope that you find what you are looking for.

MiloJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:45 AM   #9
toscasprayer

I am currently:

one of my favorite quotes goes something like
"im not gay or bi. im just sexual"
it was said by a musician about 20 years ago (ish) who at the time was in the middle of a "[NAME] IS GAY?" type scandal. but dont quote me on that.

Is there anybody out there?

toscasprayer is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)