RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-01-2009, 06:03 PM   #1
KDoll

I am currently:
Triggering (SI/ED) - Revelation

Hey, I'm new to this board. Thought I'd put up a thread to explain a little about myself.

I joined this site (and another about a month before this) after I realised something...it's been nearly 7 years (cutting...SH in general has been as far back as I can remember), and I'm still harming myself, and now in a variety of different ways. I somehow convinced myself that it's ok because I don't do it as often as I did and I don't have too many scars...and I don't do it anywhere that's visible in day to day interaction.

But so what? When I do SI it's a lot deeper, to the point where I need stitches (though I've never actually been for any). It used to be nothing more than a few scratches and now each time I do it I think I might need medical attention...how did I ever convince myself this is ok?

Maybe because I don't think I have any problems. Not compared to the majority of people out there. Even I see myself as an attention seeker. Looking at me, hearing me talk, you wouldn't think I do this to myself. So why do I? I really can't say. And I guess that's why I'm reluctant to go to a counsellor.

And now it's getting to the point where it could be argued I have an eating disorder. It started as a restrictive diet, but now it's getting to the point where I eat 600 calories in a day and feel anxious. And the worst part? I'm still overweight! Gah!

I don't know why I wrote all that. I don't know what I want from it. It started off as an explanation as to why I'm here and now it turned into a rant. Sorry about that :S

KDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:12 PM   #2
ravynsoul
living one day at a time

I am currently:

*offers hugs* welcome to this board.. don't apologize for your writing; i hope it helped you getting it off your chest... i don't have any specific advice atm; but i wanted to welcome you..

take care

Remember there's no such thing as a small act of kindness.
Every act creates a ripple with no logical end. ~ Scott Adams

ravynsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:36 PM   #3
Sigma

I am currently:

Welcome - just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone, I could relate to a lot of what you said... what's really got me thinking in the last couple of days about 'why do I do this' is reading this report:
http://www.sane.org.uk/Research/SelfHarmIntro

But perhaps a counsellor could help you work out 'why' and 'what next'?

Anyway, you're welcome here whatever you do!

Sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:12 PM   #4
KDoll

I am currently:

Ta for the replies :)

And thanks for the link, was interesting to read. Found myself agreeing with a lot of the issues raised in it.

KDoll is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)