RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 31-07-2013, 02:47 PM   #7921
Beautifully Broken
Even The Best Fall Down Sometimes.

Becky, Jasmine should be on proper solid food now, not purees! You are definitely doing the right thing! Faith only had around 4 teeth at 13 months too and was on solid food. Yes she will spit it out to begin with because she's not used to it. Until a year and a half ago, Faith point blank refused to eat any meat at home and at my mum's (day care claimed she ate it there, but we weren't convinced!). I'd maybe talk to Jasmine's social worker and explain that even puree she's not really eating, and is preferring finger foods. Faith loves fingers food now (and she's 3), and still eats a lot of her meals with her fingers, despite me telling her to use her fork and spoon!

Kirsty, definitely try and relax for your sweep tomorrow if you are getting one. I wasn't relaxed enough when I had mine with Faith and found it really painful. Most women don't find it painful at all! Hope everything goes okay for you tomorrow.

Beautifully Broken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:38 AM   #7922
Just a girl, Interrupted.
drowning in a sea of tears

I am currently:

Nic, a sweep is planned, but it depends if the head is still engaged. It feels to me like it is, but that's just a guess!
I had bad dreams about the appointment last night, been awake since before 7 =/.
I'm not looking forward to having to walk to my appointment either! Normally I can get the bus, but it would make me 45minutes early today! Still, hopefully the walk will jiggle baby out!

Nobody knows, nobody cares that I die on the inside
Nobody sees the lie that is me, as I smile on the outside

Just a girl, Interrupted. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:34 PM   #7923
Sunshine
This girl just cant take it anymore

I am currently:

Lucas is almost two and has 6 teeth and has been on solids since 6 months we never even did purées at all. So I think you are defo doing the right thing

My Angels
Madeline 09/02/1990
Edward 10/02/1990

I want to live, not merely survive

Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #7924

I am currently:

The attempt at a sweep was unsuccessful :( my cervix isn't even 1cm dilated yet, although the head is now 4/5 palpable so I guess that is progress. If they can fit me in on Monday then they will retry the sweep, and I'm booked for induction next Friday, although if a space becomes available on Thursday then I will be called and can come in sooner.
Doesn't help the midwife had short fingers though, I'm in pain now :(

Old 01-08-2013, 11:20 PM   #7925
Beautifully Broken

I had an unsuccessful sweep and mine wasn't dilated at all, Kirsty and went into labour that night.

I am so pissed off right now. Just had our stock take at work, and the manager wouldn't let any of us go until we offered for shifts cause she's short staffed this weekend. I told her I couldn't do any this weekend because I didn't have childcare. After she finally got the shifts covered, she turned around and said to us that she won't be doing any one any favours like days off or anything because no one offered to help her out. Which now means I won't be able to get the 26th of August off and that's the day Faith starts her pre-school. I'm so upset about it. I won't be able to see my little girl start her first day at nursery or inform the teachers what her likes and dislikes are properly.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:26 PM   #7926

I am currently:

I'll keep my fingers crossed then. I walked back from the doctors, so that took about 30mins, and then A and I went for a 30 minute walk this evening, so hopefully that has agrevated things enough to kick start it!

That sucks, and is very unfair. Is there anyone else you could speak to about it? If you have already requested the day off and have a good reason for it, they shouldn't refuse. Could you schedule any thing else, maybe other appointments for the same day, make it even more important to her so that she wouldn't need to give you other time off for anything in the future? I used to have to do things like that cos my manager would decide that one reason for a day off wasn't enough.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:33 PM   #7927
Beautifully Broken

I haven't asked her for it off yet. Was going to ask her tonight but she was in an extremely bad mood. Only other person I can go to is the area manager but he doesn't deal with the rotas or anything and I can say to her that I won't ask for other days off because she never really has the rotas up to date so we can't schedule appointments or anything around our shifts.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #7928
Sunshine

I am currently:

Feel like such a crap mum. I was sent home from work this morning because I had a panic attack yesterday and my mum didnt drop him off untill 2 and we had a good start went out and he walked all around town with no need for the pram but when we got back home he just screamed and climbed into the table where my expensive printer is and has probably broken it and then kept hitting the TV so it almost fell off the stand I feel so stressed and depressed. Just put him to bed and all I want to do is cry I feel so sad.

My Angels
Madeline 09/02/1990
Edward 10/02/1990

Old 02-08-2013, 07:35 PM   #7929
Beautifully Broken

You're not a crap mum. He's just going through that stage just now where he can't express what's going on with him very well. Try time outs and reward charts, taking things away and he's not allowed it back for a week or something.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:19 PM   #7930
Sunshine

I am currently:

Thanks, I tried time out but he doesn't understand staying in one place so I put him in his cot and left him for 2 mins because he is virtually 2 but it made no difference. Must have gone up the stairs and down again about 8 times in 15 minutes. It's just so draining and frustrating

My Angels
Madeline 09/02/1990
Edward 10/02/1990

Old 02-08-2013, 08:29 PM   #7931
Beautifully Broken

Just leave him to cry it out unless he's screaming and about to choke himself from it. He'll soon fall asleep xx

Old 03-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #7932
Drowning Dreams

Used to be here before years ago under a different name.

I was just looking for advice really. I had my son 8 months ago, 2 months before his due date. He weighed 2lb 11oz.. just wondering if anyone here has a prem or a baby with developmental delay here if anyone has any experience?

It's a rare man that understands the value of a perfect rose

Drowning Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:59 PM   #7933
Beautifully Broken

I don't have a prem baby and I don't know anyone who does but one of my friends son is very late for development and is having loads of help at the moment where is development has come on loads. He was that behind he still wasn't walking at age 2 when my daughter was x

Old 03-08-2013, 09:11 PM   #7934
Drowning Dreams

Sorry my last post was a bit short and sharp I wrote a long reply then it lost it as it signed me out! I'm just getting worried as he's not sitting yet but the professionals aren't worried but I am!

Old 03-08-2013, 09:12 PM   #7935
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Every baby grows at their own pace.

If it helps, my mum was born just over 2 months early and she is totally fine at 47 years old now and never had any issues :)

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:25 PM   #7936
Drowning Dreams

I know that, it's just hard. I know another prem the same age who is sitting. You shouldn't compare but you do. He had a brain bleed at birth and he was IUGR and has struggled with his weight. He weighs 16lb exactly now which is the 2nd centile, but it is an improvement as he was not even on the charts until recently.

I just feel lonely sometimes I think it's hard for people who haven't had a prem to understand the journey you go through (not trying to insult anyone there!). I love my little boy more than I ever thought possible and he's such a happy boy, I just wish he didn't have the struggles he does for himself and also the exhaustion of worrying! I'm sure all parents can understand the worry though!

Old 03-08-2013, 09:30 PM   #7937
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

I always used to worry about Jasmine. I still do as she's only just started crawling and she's a year old.

I know its hard not to worry, but if the professionals are saying he's ok, then he probably is.

Do they have any groups in your area for parents with prem babies? I know they do them in most childrens centres around here.

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:38 PM   #7938
Drowning Dreams

No they don't for some reason. I do go on the bliss forum that's for premature and sick babies. But it's a bit quiet there atm.

It sounds stupid but I go back to work in 3 weeks and my son is going to nursery. I don't want him to be the only 9 month old not sitting, I suspect he will be the smallest. Just on a downer tonight sorry

Old 04-08-2013, 07:53 AM   #7939
Beautifully Broken

My friends son didn't start sitting up solidly until 9 months so don't worry. He'll do it when he's ready to. You never know, when he goes to nursery, him seeing the other babies doing things might just help him to come on with his development xx

Old 04-08-2013, 09:10 AM   #7940
Drowning Dreams

I hope so. He just seems to want to be on the move all the time, he's always rolling around and when I sit him down he wriggles and seems to want to roll

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)