RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2017, 10:27 PM   #1
DropDead-
No more, i love you's.

I am currently:
Fear of death

Hi just looking for a bit of advice really. I don't know what brought it on but for the past 4/5 years I have had an extreme fear of death. The mere thought of it and I kind of snap out of reality and break down really. It's something that is starting to affect my every day life. My family know about this and I have tried to express my feelings on several occasions but I don't think they realise the severity of it. I understand that death is something that I assume most people are scared about but for me it is an extreme phobia and I'm struggling on what to do. I am only 24 so I don't want to go through my life feeling like this, I can't enjoy anything as it's always in the back of my mind. Just wondering if anyone understand how I felt as everyone seems I'm exaggerating. Any advice would be very grateful, thank you for reading sorry it's so long.

So stand in the rain.
Stand your ground.
Stand up when it's all crashing down.
You stand through the pain.
You won't drown.

DropDead- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 02:44 PM   #2
HopeRises

Mmm do you have any professional support for it? It sounds like these thoughts are very intrusive. I don't think you need to deal with it alone. I think everyone is scared of death to some extent but for it to be so extreme suggests to me that you need to talk to someone about this. Like a GP and maybe see if you can get some sort of talking therapy. Is there anything else you are scared off/have these thoughts about?

Life can be beautiful if you let it.
Step back, breathe and take it in

HopeRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 03:46 PM   #3
Sooty
Sophie

I am currently:

When fears start affecting your everyday life it's something that needs professional help. Everyone is scared of dying and especially when they have a brush with death but the minute it starts holding you back day to day you need to speak to your GP about this. CBT can be quite good for phobias/fears and might prove quite beneficial.

Sophie.x

Soon... Now will be then...Today will be yesterday... Present will be past...And thought will be memory... So...Live for the future! Make your future how you want it!

Sooty is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)