RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2013, 07:04 PM   #1
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:
Medical ID bracelet!

I already have one, since the seizures became more regular and after having a seizure, the last thing I feel like/can physically do was answering a **** load of questions about medication and stuff. So it's been helpful.

Anyway, I need to change the info on it because my meds randomly changed and I don't know what to put on it. I haven't been formally diagnosed with Epilepsy, although the doctor said it sounded very much like I have epileptic fits as opposed to pseudo-seizures.
I didn't put epilepsy on my current one, just the type of seizure (tonic-clonic)

I'm not sure what to put on it! Plus, the epilepsy thing is scary, so I kind of don't want to put it on there so I can carry on saying that I don't have epilepsy and it's probably something else.

If any of that made sense, advice would be appreciated!

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 07-08-2013, 07:56 PM   #2
offlineforever
Left RYL

I personally was advised not to put what medication I was on onto my tag as it can change frequently. It was suggested that I put on it that I take medication and to carry a card with the list on and to put a contact that can be rung to inform them of anything they need to know. Could you do something like this?

Hope this helps.

Left.

offlineforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:09 AM   #3
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

That's a good point Katy.

I think i'll put the medication, but not the dose. I think they will stick with this medication now because it's also a mood stabiliser and i've been feeling better on it. Think it's too early to tell about the seizures though.

Chelski, I looked at that website, but you have to pay for a membership type thing

My next appt is in November, but I need to at least speak to him before that because I had another seizure last night as well as the one on Sunday (although that was my fault). I need to get some information about the other medication as well, for SS because of how badly it affects MH, and about my free bus pass so I can feel like an old person....

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 08-08-2013, 11:05 PM   #4
Whispered Secret

I got mine from ICEgems or something like that. I just put my name, a line saying "see wallet card" (cos my meds were changing all the time) and two or three important numbers that should be called.

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

Whispered Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:53 AM   #5
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

I got mine from ice gems :)
They have such pretty ones!

I just put the medication name in the end. I don't think it will change anytime soon!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 09-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #6
yoyogirl

I am currently:

Speak to your neurologist when you can

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)