RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-06-2015, 09:27 PM   #1
kittycat2015

I am currently:
Help I'm struggling

I don't know where to start. I feel alone and can't stop feeling sad. I'm resisting the urge to cut but I've been picking my skin for at least 14 years and am doing it more and more.

kittycat2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 09:35 PM   #2
Moonlight Princess
Never forgetting to be awesome

I am currently:

*gentle hugs*
Welcome to RYL
Can you tell us anymore about feeling alone and sad? What's going on for you that's making you feel that way do you think?

I hope that by posting here you start to feel less alone. This site's always worked that way for me and I hope it can do for you :)

Kiran

You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you wish to make.

Moonlight Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 09:46 PM   #3
kittycat2015

I am currently:

Problems with my family. In a relationship where we no longer love each other. Just stuck and not sure what to do.

Old 02-06-2015, 11:46 PM   #4
Isoverity

I am currently:

When you get upset it pulls your mind down into feelings like a conductor getting pulled into an orchestra. As the emotions rise the mind falls. Too many negative feelings creat too many negative thoughts - which create more negative feelings and then more negative thoughts. You go round and round like that.

The thing to do is just watch the feelings and thoughts rise and fall without struggling with them, reasoning with them, exaggerting them, analysing them etc. If you objetivley watch the thoughts/feelings try to pull at you - and you don't add to them - the chaotic circular thinking/feeling will subside. Sometimes it takes a few minutes and sometimes it takes a few days.

You don't try to stop or abolish the thoughts/feelings - you "notice them" and notice when they have pulled you down. You need to look at the situation as a kind of psychic mechanic and understand how you work. If you get all tangled up things pull you down and you can get stuck there for a long time

"Not all those who wander are lost" Tolkien

Isoverity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:32 PM   #5
kittycat2015

I am currently:

I have been struggling for about 25 years. Hair pulling since I was 9 which led to skin picking and the last 10 months cutting. Having counselling but my SH is an automatic responce. I do it without realising I'm doing it. Have tried a few things but can anyone suggest any coping strategies?

Old 09-06-2015, 02:04 AM   #6
VMJ

I am currently:

I sometimes wear gloves to stop me tearing at my finger nails or I do things to keep my hands busy like close my fists or buy tops with long sleeves that I can wrap around my hands. These are small things, I know but they're a distraction sometimes...

VMJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)