RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 30-07-2012, 10:02 PM   #1
pandachan
maybe, definitely

I am currently:
Wondering if anyone has any great resources on eating "well".

I know this is kind of a simple request, and yes, I have googled around a bit, but then I wondered if anyone in here had anything they had found especially helpful to have, as far as eating "well" resources go.

I've been trying to keep a diary of what I've been eating and it's pitiful, it makes me nauseous just thinking about showing it to my therapist. I don't know how I still haven't passed out at work these past few weeks. I just.. I need to incorporate some sort of.. structure? Or I'm just going to continue to piddle along and pretend food doesn't exist at all, besides the occasional bread and frequent beer (ha, bread in a can). And I guess I'm just curious if anyone has found any one or two particular resources they found helpful.

Again, sorry if this is a 'dumb' request. Just looking for thoughts.

pandachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2012, 08:58 AM   #2
Gone.

This isn't a dumb request at all! Showing something like a food diary to a therapist can be terrifying. I was practically shaking when I handed my tiny one over to her a couple of weeks ago. However, mine was really nice about it and I'm sure that yours will be, too. They won't judge you and, chances are they'll have seen pretty much everything in their job. They'll be glad that you're giving them the opportunity to help you.

There is a lot of literature online to help you, though I think working with your therapist is the best way. A food diary is there to give you a better idea of what you're eating or not eating and make you more aware. Suddenly, you're more mindful of your behaviours whereas before, you were just going through the motions without really thinking about it.

I'm perhaps not the best person to ask about eating healthily because I don't really know the answer to your question. My therapist said that I should introduce myself gradually, though, and my doctor said similar. They both suggested trying to eat three 'meals' a day whether that be what others would consider a meal or not. The main thing is to allow yourself to eat regularly again and to actually eat something at those times, even if you're not hungry because your metabolism will be down.

Maybe you could ask your therapist, next time you see her, for some literature? Mine worked on a basic meal plan with me, though it was scary and unmanageable, we discussed it and it's been helpful.

Take care. It's really positive you're asking this kind of thing.

Left.

Gone. is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)