RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-10-2023, 01:53 PM   #1
going_nowhere

At least you're not this loser

Let me tell you about, er, a friend of mine.

You know the film 40-Year Old Virgin, well this friend of mine will basically be there next year! He's technically not a virgin but only because he's paid for it. As a result of the first of these five occasions though, at age 26 or something, he discovered he had phimosis and so had to get circumcised. He wonders quite frequently whether his small size is because of that.

He's never had a girlfriend and never gets matches on Tinder/Bumble/Hinge etc. Been years since he kissed anyone, obviously. He hasn't got many friends so he hardly goes out and almost never goes on holidays, so each year at work he's got all this unused annual leave that just gets wasted. He lives alone and after work just spends time streaming tv or films while drinking. He's such a hopeless loser.

He did used to SH back in the day and he was properly suicidal like 10 years ago maybe but only ended up stuck in a psychiatric hospital for a couple of weeks.

going_nowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2023, 05:33 PM   #2
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Hey, sorry that your friend is feeling so down about himself. I do think that being single into your forties is more common than the world makes it out to be and can lead to these feelings of 'otherness' or being behind when it really shouldn't.

What about taking some small steps to make life feel a little bit less lonely - joining a social group or activity to meet like-minded friends?

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2023, 12:29 PM   #3
going_nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi.R^2 View Post
What about taking some small steps to make life feel a little bit less lonely - joining a social group or activity to meet like-minded friends?
Lol no-one wants to hang out or make friends with this guy. There's nothing he's good at, and he can't join in conversations because he's got no experience of doing anything.

Last year he found an assisted-dying clinic in Switzerland that claimed it provided services for everyone, not just the terminally-ill. But obviously they then said they wouldn't help him!

He is a freak who just wants this to all be over, there is no point to him being here, taking up resources for no reason.

Old 29-10-2023, 02:19 PM   #4
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

So I'm going to assume that this friend is you right? Only it could be confusing to readers thinking you are just heartlessly mocking someone else so I think at this point you might need to be upfront about that just to help people support you.

What kind of replies do you want from us? It sounds as though you feel so hopeless and convinced that nothing will change that you don't want to hear any suggestions, which is totally fine but it would be good to know!

Old 29-10-2023, 07:55 PM   #5
Auror.
Camden

also pretty sure it's against the rules for us to give advice to people second hand.

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 09:17 AM   #6
LittleBird84
Trying her damm best

I am currently:

Sorry but you don't seem to be much of a friend.

?When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.?
? Ansel Adams

LittleBird84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 10:47 PM   #7
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

Right guys I really do think this poster is saying 'friend' to mean themselves, like when you are embarrassed to ask something so say you're asking for a friend. I've already asked the poster to clarify and until they respond I don't think we need to make further comments about the matter so can we all hang fire please!

Old 12-11-2023, 06:03 PM   #8
going_nowhere

Yes it is me, sorry I assumed it was kind of obvious.

Christmas is coming up, and I'll be on my own. And then new year, which I always hate - why have I got to suffer through another year of this pointlessness, wasting everyone's time, wasting space that more deserving people could have?

Old 13-11-2023, 05:17 PM   #9
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. You're not wasting space, the space is yours, if you weren't around there wouldn't be extra space. Does your local community have a Christmas get together for people who are on their own that you could try and go to?

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)