RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #1
Solstice
No longer inpatient

I am currently:
Dietitian

I was wondering if any of you find that you connect more with your dietitian than your therapist and if so, how do you kind of make sure that you don't disconnect from your therapist or overly rely on your dietitian so that you can get the most prime help possible? I am finding that while I know my therapist is extremely qualified (specializes in eating disorders among other issues I'm diagnosed with, worked for Renfrew), I notice that sometimes I use my appointments with my dietitian to kind of talk about the things I feel like I can't talk to my therapist about. However, most of it is food related. The other thing was that once my therapist asked me to describe what a binge is like and I couldn't do it, I nearly had a panic attack, but with my dietitian I had no problem at all explaining it to her. I'm not sure how to kind of switch their roles or at least get the therapist to the same point as my dietitian.

*I started seeing Beverly (therapist) a couple of months before Melissa (dietitian) so really, I should feel more connected to Beverly

Angels are friends who support you when your wings forget to fly.

Solstice is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 25-07-2013, 06:17 PM   #2
Whispered Secret

Do they talk to each other? Because you can never expect to get on with each equally, but if they are willing to converse then that may be a way round the issue?

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

Whispered Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2013, 06:32 PM   #3
Solstice
No longer inpatient

I am currently:

The papers are signed in order for them to talk to one another but my dietitian said she is going to wait for my therapist to call and my therapist has yet to do so (it was only signed recently, a few weeks ago) My dietitian has told me that she doesn't intend to talk to my therapist about anything other than food related issues which I really appreciate because I am really thankful to have somewhere that I can talk about issues I may have in therapy

Angels are friends who support you when your wings forget to fly.

Solstice is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)